Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie, Whats he up to??

Options
  • 11-12-2009 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Just watching the morning news and it was showing Brian Lennihan entering the dail to deliver his budget speech the other day, and who did i spy on the FF back benches only Bertie Ahern.

Did he not give up his seat when he retired as taoiseach?

And if he did then what in the hell is he doing in dail eireann?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

He didnt give up his seat. He is still a TD, although I believe his attendance record since stepping down is one of the lowest in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

Just watching the morning news and it was showing Brian Lennihan entering the dail to deliver his budget speech the other day, and who did i spy on the FF back benches only Bertie Ahern.

Why do you think he gave up his seat ?

Would you give it up when it is money for doing sweet fa.
    Turn up for a few days here and there (in between book signings).

Afraid to say that the pr1ck is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Hah thats a hard neck i tell ya.

I dont know why but i just assumed he gave up his seat when he stepped down as taoiseach.should have known i suppose!

Thanks Pete :)

frman wrote: »
    Why do you think he gave up his seat ?

Would you give it up when it is money for doing sweet fa.
    Turn up for a few days here and there (in between book signings).

Afraid to say that the pr1ck is still there.
    True enough

Haha i dunno i just assumed he gave up the seat considering all the controversy surrounding his finances.low an behold were still paying the ****er!!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Hopefully the only thing that will "motivate" Patrick Bartholomew Ahern now is to "commit suicide" "up every tree in north Dublin."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,044 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    He didnt give up his seat. He is still a TD, although I believe his attendance record since stepping down is one of the lowest in the Dail.

I think he still attends the Dail via video link from Fagans;)

walshb wrote: »
    I think he still attends the Dail via video link from Fagans;)
    LMAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well, the budget is a televised event and sure doesn't the man have a book to flog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

Dr Bertie is trying to figure out why how he should sneak onto campus to deliver his first lecture at NUIM as an unpaid member of faculty.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758438

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Apparently there is uproar because Bertie feeling unloved has blitzed out Chrissie cards to all his constituents even the dead ones. So desparate is he to be popular he even sent out multiple cards to the same people. All at our expense of course........

Read about it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gandalf wrote: »
    Apparently there is uproar because Bertie feeling unloved has blitzed out Chrissie cards to all his constituents even the dead ones. So desparate is he to be popular he even sent out multiple cards to the same people. All at our expense of course........

Read about it here.

And according to the Indo some of them weren't even FF voters! :rolleyes:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    And according to the Indo some of them weren't even FF voters! :rolleyes:

Ah but Bertie wants to be loved by everyone....../me wipes a fake tear from my eye ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bertie for el Presidente!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

Bertie wants to retire to the Park,
    we end up paying for the ****er for another 7 years
    And to make things worse he will probably get it.
    I feel sick already.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Surely he won't get away that much longer without his C2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Hah thats a hard neck i tell ya.

I dont know why but i just assumed he gave up his seat when he stepped down as taoiseach.should have known i suppose!

Thanks Pete :)

still hanging in there with the rest of the fat arsed free loading twats..:mad:

koura wrote: »
    I feel sick already.

The only way he will get in the park is if Thierry Henry is the opposition candidate and even then it would be a very close contest..

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Still picking up tips on Sport from the Grandchildren for his News of the World Column last i heard:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Actually, I missed an opportunity earlier...

The thread title is "Bertie : What's he up to ?"

The ONLY possible answer is : "Even the tribunals can't find out; what hope do we have ?"

Close runner-up : "His neck"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

He is a Professor now from what I understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Unsurprising, he's got a masters in bull****ology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wait - What? Bertie is still loitering around in the Dail?

Thats like the hit-and-run driver reversing to chat with bystanders; The Mugger sharing cigarettes with the Witnesses; The House Breaker sitting in to watch the Late Late Show......

- Has he no plans to ever leave the scene of the crime?

We as a Nation may have spent many hundreds of thousands on elocution, suits and make up for that little Cúnt but he is still the same old rat in an anorak underneath it all.

He obviously sees himself as Presidential material with his Christmas cards to the afterlife campaign and continued Public posturing - and given the pathetic, floundering, embarrassing, sordid, corrupt, joke that we find ourselves living day on day, well then I suppose I'd have to say he's a perfect match :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

koura wrote: »
    I feel sick already.

7 years? The cvnt would be looking for 2 terms!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Apparently there is uproar because Bertie feeling unloved has blitzed out Chrissie cards to all his constituents even the dead ones.
    But he wants them to vote as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

The only way he will get in the park is if Thierry Henry is the opposition candidate and even then it would be a very close contest..

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

johngalway wrote: »
    Unsurprising, he's got a masters in bull****ology.

I'm not sure that the LSE offers such a programme. Perhaps you should check his CV, or maybe not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Jeez I so hope u are right. I will be sicker than I have ever been should that F'er get to the Aras. After that FF moron Hillary we have got it spot on and had brilliant Presidents not some free loader retired to the Park for 7 yrs more freebies.

F the lot of them, shower of rebrobates.

I read somewhere Bertie pays for the Xmas cards himself. I seriously doubt this though, if it was his money dead people would not be getting cards. The brass neckedness of it all knows no bounds!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Jeez I so hope u are right. I will be sicker than I have ever been should that F'er get to the Aras. After that FF moron Hillary we have got it spot on and had brilliant Presidents not some free loader retired to the Park for 7 yrs more freebies.

F the lot of them, shower of rebrobates.

I read somewhere Bertie pays for the Xmas cards himself. I seriously doubt this though, if it was his money dead people would not be getting cards. The brass neckedness of it all knows no bounds!.

if he gets in there sould be marching in the street..........utter disgrace this country were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

he's also got an honorary black belt in IFT taekwondo. fecker didn't do anything to deserve that either, except show up on time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Can we persuade him to accept an honorary Darwin Award? If money was mentioned, I'm sure he'd go for it. A couple of million Euro and an electric fence would do it.

Advertisement