Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A wasp

Options
  • 11-12-2009 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Just found a wasp wandering across the carpet! It was massive aswell. Weird or what?

Anyone lost their pet wasp?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

If he was black and yellow he's mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

KTRIC wrote: »
    If he was black and yellow he's mine ;)

teehee :D

I once lost a pet fish. He wasn't chipped.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Just found a wasp wandering across the carpet! It was massive aswell. Weird or what?

Anyone lost their pet wasp?

Could be a queen, apparently they hid in curtains or other warm places when it starts getting cold. Sometimes they can get unsettled and as they are in mid hibernation, they get really drowsy.

Of course I should add that I have no idea where I got that, so it might need some verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

queen wasps supposedly survive the winter and then set off in the spring to build a new nest (I caught one building a nest in my shed a couple years ago - she met a sticky end).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Could be a queen, apparently they hid in curtains or other warm places when it starts getting cold. Sometimes they can get unsettled and as they are in mid hibernation, they get really drowsy.

No medical advice please :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

On another note check your sheds for little golf balls type hives stuck to the inside of the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I just swatted a massive wasp in the living room. We just put a Christmas tree in there literally an hour ago, so maybe it was hibernating in there? Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Found a monster by the sink, if I didn't know better I'd say by it's movements that it had been drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

It was my remote control wasp I used him to rob houses. May I have him back please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Exon wrote: »
    It was my remote control wasp I used him to rob houses. May I have him back please:)

Hmm... well he's.. eh....feeling rather flat at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement