Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a web to print solution.

Options
  • 11-12-2009 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a web to print solution for a product similar to a laptop skin.

Customers should be able to design their own product on the site using a pre-defined template by uploading their own photos re-size them and combine with various borders and add text.

I've spoken to a couple of companies already, namely PrintNow and Activa Canvas both can do the job I need but are a bit pricey.

Print Now is looking for US$5000 upfront and US$500 a month to host the backend and handle orders etc. Depending on order volume that could rise to US$1000 a month. Their solution is way over spec'ed for my requirements and most of their features would be turned off.

Activa have a one off licence fee, but it's US$25,000 :eek: Their product is pretty much what I am looking for but the price is well out of my league.

Can anyone suggest another similar solution with a lower once off payment and no on-going charges?

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Those prices are a bit over priced.

They are charging you that amt due to the amt of hard work they have put into it to develop something like that. You have an option of going with someone who will design one from scratch and charge less than what they are offering. Alot of companies are able to do this but it will take time to develop....and they may not be able to give you a price until they know how much work they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    ....and they may not be able to give you a price until they know how much work they have done.

Thanks for the reply, I don't fancy giving anyone a blank cheque and certainly not for something that may not work as I want, so I think the full custom route is out.

After a lot of googling over the weekend I have found a forum for T shirt printers who discuss the merits or not of various design tools for their industry. The basic concept of these design tools is pretty much what I am looking for although I will probably need to get some customisation done to add the borders I require.

Pricing seems to be in the range of $1000-$8500 for the standard product, so I'm hopeful that I can get a good solution without breaking the bank.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement