Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector got Pay Increases this year ? Pay Increments ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mcloughj

I'm a public servent and I find it amazing that the increment system hasn't been frozen. Its inexcusable that they haven't frozen it at this stage. Granted, I will be earning less than I was but I really cant believe they have done pension levy, income levy, pay cut but yet haven't touched this automatic increment system.

I would have thought they would have put the increments on hold too by now. In fact I was surprised when i got mine this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

gazzer wrote: »
    Not all CS get increments every year. For instance the last time I got an increment was Feb 08. I MIGHT be entitled to another one in Feb 11 but who knows what way the economy will be by then so I wouldnt hold my breath on it.
    Entitled????? Can you not see where this gets up the snozz of private sector workers, who only ever get increases (or avoid pay cuts) when they can prove individually that they made a difference to the income of the company that employs them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

oldyouth wrote: »
    Entitled????? Can you not see where this gets up the snozz of private sector workers, who only ever get increases (or avoid pay cuts) when they can prove individually that they made a difference to the income of the company that employs them!!!

Well in fairness, if that's what was agreed then he (she) is entitled to it.. May have been dumb to agree it, but thats a different issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

I'm a public servent and I find it amazing that the increment system hasnt been frozen. Its inexcusable that they havent frozen it at this stage. Granted, I will be earning less than I was but I really cant believe they have done pension levy, income levy, pay cut but yet havent touched this automatic increment system.

Because it is the most unfair out of the 3 you mention, it hits the younger lower paid staff while not affecting those in their jobs more than 10 years.

Advertisement