Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin McRae - Dirt £6.96 incl delivery PS3/XBox/PC

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol! you beat me to it!

Was about to post.
    The 1.96 P&P is even cheaper than the Uk which is £2.06.

Receipt below.
    Thank you for shopping at colinmcrae.com. Please find details of your order below

Order Reference: 1209_0000649

Order Time: 11/12/2009 10:28:57

Order Total: £6.96

Order Details

Product Code Quantity Options Line Value
    Colin McRae DIRT 1 £5.00 Platform - Playstation 3
    Shipping Rep. Ireland £1.96

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

wow, thats a very good price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Great find! Am I wrong in saying this isnt available on Xbox here or am I missing something?

EDIT: my mistake, found it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Cheers op ordered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Great find! Am I wrong in saying this isnt available on Xbox here or am I missing something?

EDIT: my mistake, found it!

Click the PS3 box art and you can then pick the 360 version...

Cheers OP:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just a warning this is Dirt 1. Still a good price.

May be a stupid question but theres no option for shipping to Ireland. Do I choose UK and if so what postcode??

EDIT: Never mind, got it. Slow day.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Thanks. Nice cheap stocking filler for the son who won't know that its not the sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

sweet, looking forward to playing this over xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

Nice, i got 2. One for me and the other for me brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Don't see any xbox version on there?

edit nevermind found it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

first one is also much better than the newer piece of dirt :)

Just got a call from the helpdesk at colinmcrae.com checking that I was sure I'd ordered the correct game... They seemed a little worried at the sudden influx of orders:p

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sleight of hand

tman wrote: »
    Just got a call from the helpdesk at colinmcrae.com checking that I was sure I'd ordered the correct game... They seemed a little worried at the sudden influx of orders:p

yeah, looks like its sold out now.. good work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

£35 now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

nice find, petty its sold out now :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I cannot believe I did not buy this game!! Facepalm to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

:(Was just about to buy it, after debating for the whole day would I get it for my sons:( Ah well, jaytee will just have to give them a loan of it:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

lindtee wrote: »
    :(Was just about to buy it, after debating for the whole day would I get it for my sons:( Ah well, jaytee will just have to give them a loan of it:pac:
    Same as me. I seen the offer this morning but hummed and hawwed all day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anyone got this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

jackncoke wrote: »
    Anyone got this yet?

Nope. Ordered last Friday morning when I heard about this offer, but haven't received it yet. The payment's gone off my credit card though so I assume it's en route!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Same here, ordered last Friday, CC deducted but not arrived yet. Still there'll be post delivered today and tomorrow.

Mine not arrived.

Remember this is from a non-games company so knows about delivery.

They probably had a pile of these games that they got free from Codemasters that they wanted shifting.

Just got a payment refunded email from RBS for this, but no cancellation email:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Just got a payment refunded email from RBS for this, but no cancellation email:mad:

Same here.... refunded money, no explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Me too. Nice customer service....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Just got a refund mail too. Emailed McRae contact directly and asked him what was going on :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Malari wrote: »
    Just got a refund mail too. Emailed McRae contact directly and asked him what was going on :mad:

Yeah, I e-mailed to say I thought they were selling off obselete games since "Dirt" was superceded by "Dirt 2".

refund too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Same here refund was on my account this morning :(

Just emailled them about it as well. Not really fussed about not getting the game (got a massive backlog to play through already), but they really need to sort out their customer service...
    Especially bad seeing as they had called me on the day of purchase to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly tried to order DIRT2:mad:

refund too.... very annoying as this was a gift! Oh well...........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Just received this email in response to the one I sent them this morning....

Thank you for your order, unfortunately we are out of stock of Colin McRae Dirt.

We are very sorry that we are unable to fulfil your order. Unfortunately did not have enough stock to cover the huge influx of orders which were received on the 11th December.

Our site is in its infancy and in the first 4 weeks we only received 5 orders for single copies of the game. The game was posted on a price comparison site and this outstripped demand. We have been trying to catch up with all the orders/refunds and made sure the available stock was sent out on a first come, first served basis. Codemasters, the game’s manufacturer, is replenishing our stock, however they are unable to commit to a date therefore your card has refunded your card today.

The site is run as part of the Colin McRae Vision Charity therefore we do not have the sort of manpower you would maybe associate with a commercial operation. Obviously we will learn from this experience and sincerely apologise again for your disappointment.

Fair enough, but a cancellation email surely wouldn't have been too much to ask for?

Very nice email.

I got it too.
    The Red Hot UK deals thread obviously sent the orders into the stratosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

I didnt get any refund to my account or email from RBS yet so hoping this might still come.

EDIT: Just got the same email a few mins ago. Nice while it lasted.

• Advertisement

Got that email as well... Made me feel bad about complaining now! (didn't realise they were part of a charity organisation!:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

got the email too aah well thems the breaks and to be fair there a charity !

After the sat nav fiasco and this one the credit card company wont know whats going on :D

Have to get out of this addictive forum making my credit card look funny!!

Advertisement