Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flies in the attic

• 11-12-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Wondering if anyone can help me, I have an attic conversion.
    Since the start of the winter every time I go up to the attic and turn on the light two or three flies appear.

I kill them, leave and when I go back up there is two to three more!
    I dont know where they are coming from but they just keep re-appearing!

Really annoying anyone who knows the cause or can help, it would be much appreciated ASAP!!

Many thanks

Ps: Mods if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sounds like a topic that comes up here regularly ... Google "cluster flies", or "attic flies". They're a specific species of fly that lives, errm, in attics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Had a similar problem, turned out that a waste vent was improperly installed, the smell was attracting them, hope that is not your problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 premiercounty

They are not them bluebottles :mad: are they ?

If they are then its a small dead animal thats there somewhere. And the blueys are coming from the corpse.

Had it from a dead starling behind me fridge a while back. They started coming out after bout 2/3 weeks. When I pulled out the fridge it wasn't very nice :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My attic is full of hundreds of dead Blue Bottles stuck in the insulation. I reckon it happened during construction when there was no attic door. This summer they were more flying around and the only way in through the vents I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Hi,
    Anybody know where I could buy Smoke bombs for my attic to get rid of cluster flies. Any help would be grateful.

Rgds,
    TDAVFC

• Advertisement
Advertisement