Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slipknot opinons?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

im just wondering what peoples opinons are of slipknot
    i know alot of people arent into them ,i like them and think they re music is good
    what ye think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

mmmm like some of their stuff, not gone on others. The masks are retarded though. Over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

I was big into them when I was 12. Nowadays, I don't mind listening to them, but I'm not sure if that's from a genuine liking of the band or just nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

good live band - have seen them a couple of times and enjoyed them on both occasions, much better than some bands I've wanted to see and turned out to be muck......like some of thier stuff, but the Taylor lad annoys the crap out of me when in interviews etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Ah, they're okay. I'm only really familiar with Vol. 3, but the stuff before I'm not too fond of. The single off the last album was okay.

The song "The Nameless" on Vol. 3 is very odd and very fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm not mad on them but Vol.3 is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Album #1 = excellent,still listen to it now and again.

Album #2 = a couple of decent tracks but IMO a hugely,hugely over rated piece of work.

Album #3 = I thought it was total garbage.

Slipknot were an important band,when they came out.Nowadays they are about as vital as Mushroom Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I thought they were really good live, I listen to there stuff every once and a while when my mp3 is on random and they come up, wouldn't listen to them that much apart from that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Crap, but listenable crap tbh. Felt too old for the first album but I'd leave some of the track on if they came up on iPod. They're inoffensive pop metal really.

Any suggestions of depth in their music are to be mocked if you are over the age of 14. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Have some class tracks, but overall not a big fan.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

They have one or two good songs ,but overall I don't rate them

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not much of a fan at all. Would put on the random song once every year or so. If came across song that was on, I might leave it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I really like Vol. 3. Overall, however, I don't really like them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Slipknot wouldn't be my favourite band but they have some songs that are well worth listening to and their live act is well worth checking out.

They seemed to get popular all of a sudden at the beginning of this decade and I've never understood why. Mate Kill Repeat wasn't a particularly interesting debut and there wasn't anything about it to suggest that scores of teenagers would soon be wearing their hoodies. Actually, maybe that's it? The kids don't listen to the music, they just like the clothes :).

Also, I've always wondered why they need 9 band members when at least two of them don't seem to actually contribute to the music either live or in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fun live, decent to run to, not really one to sit down and listen to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

A couple of alright tracks on Vol. 3, but apart from that?
    Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I like Slipknot, i think they're a great band and their live performance are a real experienece. There's nothing like a Slipknot concert cause there so energetic and full of atmosphere.

My favourite songs: Duality, Before I Forget, My Plague, Vermillion pt2 and The Virus of Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Older stuff was good, some of it very good. latest album was pure cack though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

The self-titled album was one of the masterpieces of my young metal era. Great album, sold from start to finish. The newer output is pretty weak and sort of self-serving canned metal that realistically, anyone could write. If it weren't for their live performances they would be completely obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

slipknot ,not really flavour of the month on hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Malice_ wrote: »
    Also, I've always wondered why they need 9 band members when at least two of them don't seem to actually contribute to the music either live or in the studio.

I have thought this on many ocasions, It still baffels me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

ADTR wrote: »
    Have some class tracks, but overall not a big fan.

I'd go along with that. I think Corey Taylor has a phenomenal voice though, he's done some stuff with Steel Panther and he sounds deadly. Just a great rock n roll voice...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rocky77 wrote: »
    I'd go along with that. I think Corey Taylor has a phenomenal voice though, he's done some stuff with Steel Panther and he sounds deadly. Just a great rock n roll voice...
    He did vocals for the track "I'm Not Jesus" for Apocalyptica, sounds excellent

Edit:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

Yes he did and that was awesome too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

slipknot are excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carina88

I do like them but the masks are very childish! They getting on in years like, but in fairness they do have good songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

They have some good songs off the last two albums but generally not a massive fan. Would like to see/hear more Stone Sour stuff as they may turn out to have a longer and less contrived shelf life if given half the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If we're bringing up Slipknot side projects, I'd love to hear more from the Murderdolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

i really want them to come to ireland (damn parents union for banning them!!!!) can someone start a petion please lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i really want them to come to ireland (damn parents union for banning them!!!!) can someone start a petion please lol

Parents union didn't ban anyone, nor can they. I've seen them twice in Ireland. Both times in the RDS iirc, one in support of Metallica & another on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

that catholic ban on slipknot has been lifted for months now.. i like slipknot they are good ive listened to them for years

Advertisement