Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3g simcard

• 11-12-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey all,

So I know meteor now have 3g in cork and Dublin (and maybe other placed I don't know about). I'm sick of only getting edge on my iPhone so I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me (I'm bill pay lite BTW):

Since my simcard is a couple of years old I assume I have to update it to be able to pick up 3g?

Will I be charged for this new sim card if I go into a Meteor shop?

Are the data settings different and need to be changed?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

3G uses the same internet settings (APN) as EDGE so assuming you have the correct settings and are able to get online OK, no change needed there.

If your SIM card is fairly old then you may need a new one to get 3G. Meteor should replace it free of charge for you.

One thing to note about 3G though is that it does not have as wide a range as the older 2G GSM. So while your nearest mast might be 3G enabled, and you get an OK GSM signal off it, you may not be able to pick up 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Thanks, this answered everything for me!

Advertisement