Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Inn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Sent you a PM, GreystonesInn

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I didn't send you a PM

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Nice job on the beef and Guinness stew yesterday. It was delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 GreyStonesInn

Afternoon All,

Thanks for the compliments (always appreciated). Don't forget Poker Night tonight from 8.00pm with our regular nibbles during the break. Our new function room is almost complete so if you have any occasions coming up we are taking bookings for parties, meetings ,quiz's etc contact Syl and he would be happy to discuss.
    Ph 01 - 2010858 email - thegreystonesinn@gmail.com

Cheers
    DM

* Beer of the Month - Budvar €4.00 special*
    *Spirit of the Month - Havana Club with a bottle of Coke €5.00*

Afternoon All,

Don't forget Poker Night tonight starting at 8.00pm with usual nibbles during the break.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
    DM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Afternoon All,

Don't forget Poker Night tonight starting at 8.00pm with usual nibbles during the break.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
    DM

is that downstairs or upstair? I can't be distracted from the top flight, well second level, football on the telly.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Evening All,

Just letting everyone know about our upcoming Table Quiz on the 16th for MS Ireland (see Pub Quiz thread) Also don't forget Poker Night tomorrow Thursday from 8.00pm.
    This weekend is also Heineken Cup Qtr Final with Leinster on Friday ko 8.00pm and Munster on Saturday 5.30pm ko.

Cheers
    DM

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Evening All,

Just letting everyone know about our upcoming Table Quiz on the 16th for MS Ireland (see Pub Quiz thread) Also don't forget Poker Night tomorrow Thursday from 8.00pm.
    This weekend is also Heineken Cup Qtr Final with Leinster on Friday ko 8.00pm and Munster on Saturday 5.30pm ko.

Cheers
    DM

Whats the story with the poker there? Is it a freeze out, how much etc?

Was playing in the porter house last night was a joke. €20 buy in gets you 3000 chips, you can then buy back until the break for only €10 which gets you another 3000... lads just goin all in, gettin luckly knowin they can buy back for nothin and get the same amount of chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

We had a class reunion in the Greystones Inn earlier this month, and I have to say we were all very happy with the treatment and service. The atmosphere was great, and the decor lovely. We will be back, thank you, guys!

Afternoon All

Just letting everyone know that we are starting our Sunday afternoon Summer BBQ this Sunday 13th June from 1.00pm with great food and live music (drinks promotion also to kick off the summer).
    Hope to see you there

Cheers
    DM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Was at the Greystone Inn on Saunday for the BBQ and it was fab! The food was fantastic, really tasty and we will be back on Sunday for sure. I believe they are serving food as and from this week also. An alternative to the usual in Greystones at last!

Afternoon All,

Thanks for the positive comments. As previously mentioned we will now be serving a Full Bar Food Menu from Wed - Saturday. We are going to stick with the BBQ on Sundays for the Summer and see how it goes.

Bar Food Times

Wed - Thursday 4.00pm till 9.00pm
    Friday - Saturday 1.00pm till 9.00pm
    Sunday BBQ 1.00pm till 6.00pm

We will also have live music on Sunday afternoons with some promotions.

Look forward to seeing you here.

Cheers
    DM

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

is there still poker on thursdays and what time if so?

Sorry the poker stopped a few weeks ago when we started doing food in the evenings.

Full Bar Menu available Wed - Saturday 4pm till 9.00pm
    Sunday 2pm till 8.00pm

Cheers
    DM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NaKacoR

Hey GI, been down a few times with different friends and i really like the place but was just wondering if you have any promo's going as my friends are very much creatures of habit. However they are also suckers for a good promo :-).
    Bear in mind we're all students.
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

this is just to give GI what there up against,was in Lee's in Kilcoole most of the day today,went there for the matches,3 bottles of Sol(think there were other options)in an ice bucket for €10.
    Then the wife and 2 kids came up around 6,kids eat free on Sunday's with every adult meal bought which is great for us as we have 2 runts
    I had a very good steak sambo(proper thick steak,whick is not the norm with the SS),wife has salmon en croute,both excellent
    1st kids had chichen strips,really good chichen with chips and other lad had a kids portion of spag carbonara,huge portions across the board btw
    add to that an extra portion of veg and 3 soft drinks,Total bill €31

it's almost as cheap as cooking the roast,we're going to go at least every second Sunday,i would love to try the GI or others but with money tight this deal is too hard to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi all,
    Just went by the Greystones Inn, and there's a sign saying they are closed until further notice. Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Unfortunately for them but they couldn't make a profit. Closed now until another takes the lease. Maybe it won't open again.

heavyballs wrote: »
    this is just to give GI what there up against,was in Lee's in Kilcoole most of the day today,went there for the matches,3 bottles of Sol(think there were other options)in an ice bucket for €10.
    Then the wife and 2 kids came up around 6,kids eat free on Sunday's with every adult meal bought which is great for us as we have 2 runts
    I had a very good steak sambo(proper thick steak,whick is not the norm with the SS),wife has salmon en croute,both excellent
    1st kids had chichen strips,really good chichen with chips and other lad had a kids portion of spag carbonara,huge portions across the board btw
    add to that an extra portion of veg and 3 soft drinks,Total bill €31

it's almost as cheap as cooking the roast,we're going to go at least every second Sunday,i would love to try the GI or others but with money tight this deal is too hard to ignore

At those prices Lee's will be in trouble......price of labour, overheads, "thick steak" & bottles of Sol....shame on you in these recessionery times thinking the publican is not an honest businessman who is there to make a profit like he is entitled to rather than hand the stuff over for free....

At those prices Lee's will be in trouble......price of labour, overheads, "thick steak" & bottles of Sol....shame on you in these recessionery times thinking the publican is not an honest businessman who is there to make a profit like he is entitled to rather than hand the stuff over for free....

wtf you on about?is that supposed to be funny or quote me specifically as that post is garbage

• Advertisement

heavyballs wrote: »
    wtf you on about?is that supposed to be funny or quote me specifically as that post is garbage

I did quote u... I pressed the quote button?? I thought the whole idea was an open opinion and free speech...

calm down HB & peace :)

I did quote u... I pressed the quote button?? I thought the whole idea was an open opinion and free speech...

calm down HB & peace :)

ok,so can you explain your point so.Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Terrible news. It was just starting to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Yea v sad. Lovely couple of fellas running it and i would personally like to thank them for all the work they threw my way. Very much appreciated fellas and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Yea v sad. Lovely couple of fellas running it and i would personally like to thank them for all the work they threw my way. Very much appreciated fellas and good luck.

well I'm not too happy with them as I lost a 50 euro deposit for a christening in October..

Morning All,

Just to let people know that we will be contacting everyone that made a booking and if possible offering an alternative venue and arranging to return all deposits.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Sorry to hear this. Was supposed to be going to a function there soon and was looking foward to checking the place out. Don't drink in pubs much as it's too expensive but wish you well in your next venture whatever it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

damn shame. The Burnaby/Beach house cartel continues!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Yeah damn those punters going to a pub they prefer in a location they prefer... those pesky Byrnes and their mind control.

• Advertisement

Morning All,

Jsut to let everyone know that if you have not made contact with Sylvester ref a booking please do so as soon as possible. Sylvester is now working with the Beachhouse and if people wish the booking can be moved to there new function room or Sylvester will return there deposit which he has.

Sylvester Gardiner
    086 264 5940

Please note if a booking deposit was given with a credit card Sylvester has the funds to return the deposit in cash.Unfortunatly it is not possible to refund the credit card dircetly.

Thank You

Advertisement