Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Twee. wrote: »
    Mmmm Arnotts! They have Aristoc, Wolford and some other brands.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 angel6

What footwear do you wear when it is raining? I was wearing pumps today and my feet and shoes were totally soaked. Used to wear trainers to college but now that I've finished college I want to wear something more feminine. I don't do heels. Any ideas on what and where to start looking for?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

mj-wellies.jpg:)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

angel6 wrote: »
    What footwear do you wear when it is raining? I was wearing pumps today and my feet and shoes were totally soaked. Used to wear trainers to college but now that I've finished college I want to wear something more feminine. I don't do heels. Any ideas on what and where to start looking for?

Thanks.

Knee high flat boots over skinny jeans, or clarks/hush puppie shoes with a bit of a heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As much as I dislike buying from Urban Outfitters, they have some lovely mens boots & shoes in stock.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Shop-By-Brand/Grenson/icat/grenson&bklist=icat,5,shop,mens,mensbrands,grenson&source=100906mgwtext

Luckily, I'm far too broke to be buying them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love the desert boots! Nice in suede too.

Still on the lookout for a 21st birthday dress. Only 5 weeks away :p Spotted some nice ones in French Connection and Urban Outfitters.

I am sure I posted this post before (in what topic, I don't know lol) but when I searched my posts, I couldn't find it.

Anyway, quoting Lolnouska in the 'what did you wear today thread'.
    Lolnouska wrote: »
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/AnouskaProetta/lb11.jpg
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/AnouskaProetta/IMG_6412.jpg
    taken in central park, god new york is just so amazing!

Dress: Topshop
    Belt: Urban Outfitters
    Bag: Aldo
    Shoes: Office
    Necklace: from a lovely little market in NYC.
    Do you have a link to this on Topshop's website please? As I looked there myself, but couldn't see it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

I am sure I posted this post before (in what topic, I don't know lol) but when I searched my posts, I couldn't find it.

Anyway, quoting Lolnouska in the 'what did you wear today thread'.

Do you have a link to this on Topshop's website please? As I looked there myself, but couldn't see it. Thanks.

sorry i actually havn't checked this before, i got it in topshop quite awhile ago and i can only find the dress online in black and this teal colour http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=209717&parent_category_rn=208523&productId=1935387&langId=-1

hope that helps x

my post got deleted on the ''what did you wear today'' thread cause im aware it broke the rules, but this really annoys me, the girl called lolzer posted a photo thats not of her.
    its a girl on lookbook from sweeden: http://lookbook.nu/look/1054467-BUMP-IN-THE-ROAD

I just don't get why people pretend to be other people on the internet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lolnouska If you suspect a poster, please use the Report Post functionality to report it. The mods are looking into this already as other posters have reported it.

dudara

sorry i actually havn't checked this before, i got it in topshop quite awhile ago and i can only find the dress online in black and this teal colour http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=209717&parent_category_rn=208523&productId=1935387&langId=-1

hope that helps x
    Thank you so much.

Do you mind me asking, which Topshop store did you get it in? I might phone them and ask if they have any left lol.

Also, is it big fitting? I am an 8-10 (hips = 10 lol).

dudara wrote: »
    Lolnouska If you suspect a poster, please use the Report Post functionality to report it. The mods are looking into this already as other posters have reported it.

dudara

sorry about that, didnt know how to go about it.

Thank you so much.

Do you mind me asking, which Topshop store did you get it in? I might phone them and ask if they have any left lol.

Also, is it big fitting? I am an 8-10 (hips = 10 lol).

i got it in topshop at the top of grafton street mid summer :) the fitting is actually really nice i thought, it sorta goes in at the waist ever so slightly, but u can wear it sorta baggy too which looks great. im sure it would look fab either way :) x

i got it in topshop at the top of grafton street mid summer :) the fitting is actually really nice i thought, it sorta goes in at the waist ever so slightly, but u can wear it sorta baggy too which looks great. im sure it would look fab either way :) x
    So, would you recommend I go for an 8 or 10? As I said before, I'm a 10 on the hips, but an 8 on top lol.

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful.

So, would you recommend I go for an 8 or 10? As I said before, I'm a 10 on the hips, but an 8 on top lol.

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful.

oh sorry didn't know that was what you were asking me! I would recommend an 8, but then again i think you should try it on and see what it looks like on yourself before you take my opinion! you know your body better than i do :)

• Advertisement

oh sorry didn't know that was what you were asking me! I would recommend an 8, but then again i think you should try it on and see what it looks like on yourself before you take my opinion! you know your body better than i do :)
    Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    As much as I dislike buying from Urban Outfitters, they have some lovely mens boots & shoes in stock.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Shop-By-Brand/Grenson/icat/grenson&bklist=icat,5,shop,mens,mensbrands,grenson&source=100906mgwtext

Luckily, I'm far too broke to be buying them.

Why the dislike for Urban Outfitters?

Ah I just dislike the Urban Outfitter package - flannel-shirted-skinny-jeaned-horrible-tache-sporting-fixie-cycling-Lomography-using-trendieness.

I also just don't wear/like the clothes they sell in there. And I dislike a couple of brands they sell - Lomography p*ss me off, even though I bought from them in the past.

I'm just bitter :)

Lolz. Made me spit gin over my keyboard. :D

On a school night!?!

• Advertisement

On a school night!?!
    I'll use any excuse I can get.
    It's a school night, gimme gin.
    It's not a school night, gimme gin.
    I have gin, gimme gin.

Ah I just dislike the Urban Outfitter package - flannel-shirted-skinny-jeaned-horrible-tache-sporting-fixie-cycling-Lomography-using-trendieness.

I also just don't wear/like the clothes they sell in there. And I dislike a couple of brands they sell - Lomography p*ss me off, even though I bought from them in the past.

I laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I laughed.

Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'll use any excuse I can get.
    It's a school night, gimme gin.
    It's not a school night, gimme gin.
    I have gin, gimme gin.

Haha, that one made me laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

WHEN will H&M come to Galway?!?!? I was in the Dundrum one yesterday, raided the place! Speaking of which, that was my first time in the Dundrum shopping centre - I'm rarely in Dublin - and I have to say, I was impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

The Cool wrote: »
    WHEN will H&M come to Galway?!?!? I was in the Dundrum one yesterday, raided the place! Speaking of which, that was my first time in the Dundrum shopping centre - I'm rarely in Dublin - and I have to say, I was impressed.

I <3 Dundrum, one of my favourite places to spend a few hours off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I don't like Dundrum SC; it's horribly impersonal and clinical and the HMV is sub-par for DVD buying.... Damn good place to go cinema and shop in general though. Bah!

The Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of which, that was my first time in the Dundrum shopping centre - I'm rarely in Dublin
    Pfffft, I live here and I've still not been to the centre. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OldGoat wrote: »
    Pfffft, I live here and I've still not been to the centre. :o

You're not really missing out. I go there to buy shoes. That's all. Oh and for breakfast in Douglas and Kaldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've been to Dundrum once and hated it, am I the only one who thinks it's really poorly laid out?

I feel kind of trapped when I'm there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

janeybabe wrote: »
    You're not really missing out. I go there to buy shoes. That's all. Oh and for breakfast in Douglas and Kaldi.

I'm from Dublin and I'd hazard a guess that I've ventured out there a grand total of 6/7 times. I just really don't like the ambience of the place; and I never seem to find much/anything despite the selection being ostensibly bigger. I think, despite the fact tha it obviously makes shopping trips much longer, I prefer wandering around town to individual shops. There's a nicer atmosphere, being out and about (exception: Christmas time!!) Maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

I don't really like shopping there either. Very hard to find something unique there, that everyone hasn't seen already!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jamillia

I live near enough to it, so go there a lot. Much prefer to go and stroll around town but sometimes it's handy to have. A necessary, or convenient evil.

Quite like House of Frasier and the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

youre all mental :P

i think i just love having most of the shops i like so close together without having to venture into the rain :) if it had new look itd be perfect :) i think as well for me before Dundrum the nearest shopping centre to me was liffey valley or blanch which were aaaaaaaaaages away so if i was going shopping it was to town.

I do quite like Liffey Valley too :)

If Liffey Valley had Penney's we'd be sorted! I rarely spend time in the centre shopping as I work there, so don't like being there out of hours :p I do like Dundrum, probably because I don't go there too often! But always number one is going into town. I adore Dublin City.

Absolute lust for this coat Topshopomgwant. Last thing I need is another coat... but I think I need it! With the winter coming up, all you need is black jeans, boots and a FAB coat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

If Liffey Valley had Penney's we'd be sorted! I rarely spend time in the centre shopping as I work there, so don't like being there out of hours :p I do like Dundrum, probably because I don't go there too often! But always number one is going into town. I adore Dublin City.

Absolute lust for this coat Topshopomgwant. Last thing I need is another coat... but I think I need it! With the winter coming up, all you need is black jeans, boots and a FAB coat :D

Of course you need it! Think of how cold our winters are. Coats are a must-have. You can never have too many! Okay, well you probably can... but still, it's pretty so you should buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Who cares if you don't need it Twee. The fact is you deserve it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Adorable wee coat, Twee.

You should buy it......:p

fonpokno wrote: »
    Who cares if you don't need it Twee. The fact is you deserve it!

I do need a treat ;) Haircut is first on the list, I'm gonna do a hair makeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You do need that coat, Twee! It's gorgeous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

ugh.. now I'm looking at topshop coats haha
    I like

07H01XPET_normal.jpg
    07C06XNAV_normal.jpg
    07F08XCAM_normal.jpg

I think this is my favourite!! so nice.
    07M03XRST_normal.jpg

also really want this cardigan and they have it in tall and everything!
    30H07XCRM_normal.jpg

The camel blazer style one is amazing on! The colour, the length... everything!
    I bought a man's camel blazer in Berlin for €6, hoping I could do something with it, but it's just too big. Makes me look like I'm dressing up in my dad's clothes or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

That Topshop Duffle coat is beautiful! The one underneath with the furry bobbles looks lovely on the website but I wasn't too impressed when I saw it in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Oh my god Sinead those coats are amazing, especially the duffle and brown with navy stripes! Last thing I need is another coat especially from somewhere as pricey as Topshop :(

Oh was anyone at the vintage fair in Galway last weekend? I'd love to hear how it was price wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sapsorrow I was at the Vintage Fair, I thought the prices were...pretty good for the most part. Well, a lot of what was there was very beautiful dresses, in excellent condition, which were quite expensive, but there were some lovely skirts and tops around the €50-€70 mark, and some lovely little hats from about €30. I found some very well priced earrings too. I didn't buy any clothes because a) it was too crowded to bother trying anything on and b) most of the clothes I found were real investment pieces, and I didn't really have that kind of cash to be spending. Like I found a gorgeous 90's lace LBD, but it was €270 :eek:

Thanks! :) Wow sounds fairly pricey to me, I guess it was mainly designer gear at those prices then!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

To be honest I couldn't get a good look at anything for longer than two seconds because I was working :p (it was a quiet minute I swear) And it was mobbed the only time I got to have a look around, but I would say a lot of it was designer, with there being a fashion show and everything I think they pulled out all the fancy pieces, but that seemed to be what the people wanted, fitting rooms looked busy all day.

Hmmm that'swhat I thought alright. I only found out on the saturday it was on and had to make a quick decision on whether to head up or not. Glad I didn't now, I wouldn't have been able to afford anything anyway by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Does anyone know of a website that does discounted shoes, mainly end of stock or slightly imperfect? They do Irregular Choice, Rocket Dog, Converse and others. There was a link to it on here ages ago and I thought I had it bookmarked but now I'm looking for it and I can't find it. :rolleyes:

All I can remember is it had numbers in it's name and someone said it was owned by Schuh, but I don't know if that was true. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement