Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

gorgeous bag Twee, I wish my parents would buy me something pretty like that for my birthday! Have a great night! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

gorgeous bag Twee, I wish my parents would buy me something pretty like that for my birthday! Have a great night! :)

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world today, honestly! I'm not doing all the speech/flowers stuff at my party, so am gonna get them gig tickets a thank you for a band they really want to see during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday Twee! Gorgeous bag!

Can anyone recommend/suggest places (Online and instore) where I can get cashmere/soft wool gloves/scarf/hat please? I'm looking for either Black or Grey.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Happy Birthday Twee! Gorgeous bag!

Can anyone recommend/suggest places (Online and instore) where I can get cashmere/soft wool gloves/scarf/hat please? I'm looking for either Black or Grey.

Thanks.
    You can get pure cashmere gloves and hats in Marks & Sparks. I can't remember how much the gloves are but I think the hats are €27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

il_fullxfull.149398040.jpg

il_fullxfull.149580500.jpg

il_fullxfull.149578556.jpg

il_fullxfull.149399546.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: OMG these have to be the prettiest vintage dresses I've ever seen! Maybe someone here has an occassion fitting to such a gown, I don't sadly :( Would have been perfect for the grown up debs! I'd kill for the first one myself.

Here's the seller in case anyone wants a look: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintageousboutique?ref=seller_info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

OMG, I'd kill for one of those dresses! Can't we invent an occasion?!

F&A SPARKLY PRETTY DRESS BEERS!! (FANCY SUITS FOR THE BOYS ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Happy Birthday Twee! I love Marc's bags! "Sophie" was a great choice :)

Also, Shelga absolutely adore your Graduation dress! Soo pretty! Kinda the style I'd go for for mine :)

Twee. wrote: »
    F&A SPARKLY PRETTY DRESS BEERS!! (FANCY SUITS FOR THE BOYS ;))

PLEASE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Loving sapsorrows looks on the WDYWT thread. Looking great girl:):) The coat from penneys is gorgeous, is it this season's stock? Have been looking for a red coat...well I did order one from ebay, but another wouldn't hurt:pac::pac:
    Edit- the dress from etsy is gorgeous but $248 :eek::eek:

Thanks Lind! Lol if I were to get married I would love to do so in the first dress (or even the last one, barbie dream wedding complex or what!! :pac:), I wouldn't mind paying it for an occassion like that. No the coat is from 2 or 3 years back but they've had them since in green.

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Thanks Lind! Lol if I were to get married I would love to do so in the first dress (or even the last one, barbie dream wedding complex or what!! :pac:), I wouldn't mind paying it for an occassion like that. No the coat is from 2 or 3 years back but they've had them since in green.

Doh! I'm so not with it, I didn't notice there were 4 different dresses:o:o Really need to get the eyes checked. Will check out penneys next time I'm in to check out the coats, normally just head to the clearance section and the boys section! Enjoy your night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

wow sapsorrow, just had a look at WDYWT and omg you're gorgeous! love your clothes

Thanks Links, that's really sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

it's true, you are stunning and I love your style. I'm quite jealous :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Links234 wrote: »
    it's true, you are stunning and I love your style. I'm quite jealous :p

I concur :D

And Twee - just saw your pic - you looked/are stunning! Hope you had a fab birthday...Oh to be 21 again....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Twee you look soooo stunning in your 21st pic:D

What Mac foundation and colour did they use on you? Your face looks flawless and so pretty:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Twee you looked gorgeous indeed. :)

Fillefatale, where did you get your Fiore tights? They're gorgeous!

FF your outfit in WDYWT was absolutely PERFECT!! In every sense, I'd love the have everything you wore so I could recreate it on me! :) I adore the colours and little details in the tights and hairband. You must have felt great that night ;)

Ya Twee do you look amazing, did you get your make-up done professionally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

PocketFizz - Where did you get your Halloween costume from? It's exatly what I want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

fonpokno wrote: »
    Fillefatale, where did you get your Fiore tights? They're gorgeous!

abrr1000 posted a link in the latest purchases thread. i got them on ebay - fiore-uk :) I'm really happy with them!
    FF your outfit in WDYWT was absolutely PERFECT!! In every sense, I'd love the have everything you wore so I could recreate it on me! :) I adore the colours and little details in the tights and hairband. You must have felt great that night ;)

Awh, high praise coming from you!! We have to get together sometime and do some charity shopping!

Echoing everyones thoughts Twee, you looked so elegant and sophisticated!

Twee you look soooo stunning in your 21st pic:D

What Mac foundation and colour did they use on you? Your face looks flawless and so pretty:D

Oh my lord she did such a good job with the foundation! I REALLY made it clear that I wasn't wearing tan and needed my face to match the rest of me. If anyone wants her name let me know.

She used PRO Long Wear in two colours mixed together, Face and Body on my neck and Mineralise Skin Finish Natural powder in Light. I bought the powder, it's so lightweight. Then a blush, bronzer and highlighter.
    You can't really see from the pic, but the eyes were a really dark shade of green with some grey blended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

abrr1000 posted a link in the latest purchases thread. i got them on ebay - fiore-uk :) I'm really happy with them!

Found them! Thank you so much. :D *transfers money to paypal*

What's the sizing like btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Oh my lord she did such a good job with the foundation! I REALLY made it clear that I wasn't wearing tan and needed my face to match the rest of me. If anyone wants her name let me know.

She used PRO Long Wear in two colours mixed together, Face and Body on my neck and Mineralise Skin Finish Natural powder in Light. I bought the powder, it's so lightweight. Then a blush, bronzer and highlighter.
    You can't really see from the pic, but the eyes were a really dark shade of green with some grey blended.

Can you please tell me her name and what Mac store she works in so I can get her to work her magic on me:D

Awh, high praise coming from you!! We have to get together sometime and do some charity shopping!

OMG I would love that! If we did it in Cork we could probably rope Lindtee in too, she loves a bargain :pac: Let me know when you're back in the country, I still have your Gunne here for you ;)

Can you please tell me her name and what Mac store she works in so I can get her to work her magic on me:D

PM sent ;)

Twee, you look FANTASTIC in your 21st pic! Love the whole look, the make-up, the hair, and especially the nail polish. Simple and elegant :D

The nail polish is deadly! It's Mac as well.
    review_vvmaleficent061.jpg

The nail polish is deadly! It's Mac as well.
    review_vvmaleficent061.jpg
    Ooh, I'd forgotten that Mac even do nail polish! That's even more stunning up close. I love iridescent nails for night time!

fonpokno wrote: »
    Found them! Thank you so much. :D *transfers money to paypal*

What's the sizing like btw?

I got them in a M and I'm a 10-12, and they're comfortable, I'm impressed overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

deleted......wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

She really did! Your Make up is stunning!! Love the pale look! I never use tan either. Your hair is fab aswell! LOVE the colour!

I love that powder its my favourite! It gives a lovely finish! Mines nearly gone actually, need to buy a new one!

Agree with everyone, Twee! You look so great! Love the nail varnish too, I wanna invest! :)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Love the pale look! I never use tan either.
    I never use tan, either! I use Mac Face and Body Foundation in the palest shade available instead. So much less effort :pac:

Another fan of Twee's WDYWT. You looked stunning:-)

@ Sappsorrow - Would def be up for a charity shopathon! Was in Midleton on Saturday and the DAWG charity shop looked great, but sadly it was closed (at 4.30!) so I could only look longingly in the window:( Haven't done a trawl of the charity shops in Cork in many years, since my mum died, it used to be a Saturday thing we used to do, she loved Charity shops and picked up many gems over the years.
    Oh, that Gunne Sax I ordered from Etsy came today and its gorgeous, so glad I went for it and any of the so called faults are not noticeable at all. Love it!

OMG I would love that! If we did it in Cork we could probably rope Lindtee in too, she loves a bargain :pac: Let me know when you're back in the country, I still have your Gunne here for you ;)

hehe! I'll be here over the xmas certainly, but don't know how feasible that would be. Sometime in the new year I should expect!

Charity shops here are expensive and are nit-picked of the good stuff, and 'vintage' items are like £15, its ridiculous!

I got a green wool Avoca coat though for £9, which was a good buy, its 90s I think but I like it all the same :) Still hunting for a wool, brown blazer.

Boys checkered vans under a little demin skirt. Is this good or bad? I'm looking in the mirror and I can't decide..... :(

Boys checkered vans under a little demin skirt. Is this good or bad? I'm looking in the mirror and I can't decide..... :(
    Having met you, I'd say it would look really good on you! Add a pair of black opaque tights and you'll look casually cute!

• Advertisement

sup 5 years ago!

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    sup 5 years ago!
    Just because it's not as fashionable doesn't mean it's not a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I have Vans with the red hearts on them. I don't wear them that often, but when I do, it's always with a denim mini skirt.
    I don't really care if it looks fashionable or not, it's just an easy-to-wear, casual look. Suits me fine for college!

OHH! Thanks! :) I don't care if I'm 5 years ago, I'm not one for keeping up with the ever changing fashion trends! :P

I'm paranoid about my feet looking HUGEEE, but I worried about the same thing with converse and it's my fashion style staple! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

@ fillefatale,
    love your trousers in the WDYWT thread, how much were they?? can't seem to find them on the site, also do they have them in different colours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Bit late here. But Twee I must say you look fab in your 21st picture! I love your hair especially :)

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Bit late here. But Twee I must say you look fab in your 21st picture! I love your hair especially :)

Thanks!! Two words Hot Rollers! So easy to use!

I think I'm officially getting old. I was in Miss Selfridge today and there wasn't a single thing in the shop that didn't receive one of the following two responses:
    1) "Ugh!" and shudders
    2) "That'd be lovely, if I was 14"

Luckily, COS have just arrived in Ireland to save my shopping options :pac:

Where is COS??!!

Where is COS??!!
    BT2, since last Friday. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet but I'm looking forward to seeing it!

I had no idea! This news excites me very much. I love their clothes. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement