Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What is COS? And where is BT2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Twee. wrote: »
    I had no idea! This news excites me very much. I love their clothes. Thanks :)
    I love them too: they have great cuts and great materials, generally, in their clothes.

I just hope BT2 have a good selection of the range. And that prices are too inflated in the currency exchange!
    What is COS? And where is BT2?
    COS
    BT2 are in Dundrum, Blanchardstown and on Grafton St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Oh fab, COS! Pity they don't have their own store, last time I was in a store was last summer in Paris, could have tried on things for hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh wow! Such good news! Pity I have no money! :mad:

Lolnouska wrote: »
    @ fillefatale,
    love your trousers in the WDYWT thread, how much were they?? can't seem to find them on the site, also do they have them in different colours?

They were about €45 and I got them at the end of August so they're probably off the website (they're cotton). They have wool ones though in a similar colour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

sapsorrow looking gorgeous in WDYWT again ;)

I just checked my online banking and saw the transaction for the item in this post went through, in total it came to €52 euro and a few cents (including shipping). I changed the currency from Euros to Sterling before paying and to buy the bag without changing the currency, the bag is €56 euros + shipping.

So for anyone buying from Asos, I'd recommend checking both the Sterling and Euro prices before ordering in Euros, as you could save yourself some money.

Oh, and the shoes in this post I am bringing back to Dunnes Stores as I noticed some marks on them, which won't come out and one of the marks is brown, it's looks like a cigarette mark/burn, but I don't know if it is a cigarette mark/burn. I really like the shoes, but the marks are noticeable so I would feel uncomfortable about this. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

This mini from M&S €26 in Mullberry. I have some nice purple knee length boots to go with it.
    I went to try it on this evening & it's not in the bag (with 2 other items I bought at same time) :eek: I rang them & it wasn't left behind as far as they can see so I'll go up in the morning & speak to a manager....Boooh.

Well bless M&S and their excellent customer service - I went up early this morning & explained the situation and they replaced my skirt. Much relieved & pleased :)

Is this the same dress that was sold in Topshop?

I think it was Lolnouska who posted a pic of herself wearing the Cream version?

It is in a variety of different colours on Axparis.co.uk

Chiffon Square Neck Smock Dress

http://www.axparis.co.uk/Shop/View/All_Products/Dresses/Chiffon_Square_Neck_Smock_Dress - Mocha

http://www.axparis.co.uk/Shop/View/All_Products/Dresses/Chiffon_Smock_Dress1601 - Cream

http://www.axparis.co.uk/Shop/View/All_Products/Dresses/Chiffon_Squre_Neck_Smock_Dress - Purple

http://www.axparis.co.uk/Shop/View/All_Products/Dresses/Chiffon_square_neck_smock_dress1701 - Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Well bless M&S and their excellent customer service - I went up early this morning & explained the situation and they replaced my skirt. Much relieved & pleased :)

That's great to hear:) Love the skirt btw.

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    That's great to hear:) Love the skirt btw.

Me too, but went to put it on this morning though & it's too big! D'oh but thrilled to have to get a size 10 :D

Hermione* wrote: »
    BT2, since last Friday. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet but I'm looking forward to seeing it!
    The Irish Times informs me that my informant on the arrival of COS was misled. It's due in store next Friday.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2010/1023/1224281513038.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I got a gorgeous pair of black (super) skinny jeans in River Island, the thing is, is that they end about half way down my calf, they can be rolled up but I don't have a clue what to wear with them for the winter! :confused:

Ideas? Sorry about the really stupid question!:rolleyes:

I got a gorgeous pair of black (super) skinny jeans in River Island, the thing is, is that they end about half way down my calf, they can be rolled up but I don't have a clue what to wear with them for the winter! :confused:

knee length boots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Any ideas with regards to tights? I was thinking of wearing some ankle boots or flats to do something different? Good or bad idea? Would I get strange looks in the street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Anyone seen any nice mens peacoats this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Any ideas with regards to tights? I was thinking of wearing some ankle boots or flats to do something different? Good or bad idea? Would I get strange looks in the street?

My brother's girlfriend wears jeans like that with brogues or military/worker boots and it always looks pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Anyone seen any nice mens peacoats this year?
    Last year while hunting for a Long coat there was nothing but bloody peas everywhere. I imagine it's going to be the same again though with a bit more military styling. KMaxx is always a good be for a coat in proper mens sizes :) but otherwise it's down to the usual suspects. Have a wander in Herrons on South Anne Street. They had some short coats that just managed to avoid the HighStreet homogeneity and show a little individuality.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

There are occasions when I have to bite my lip, swallow my words and just leave some threads alone or I'll run the risk of having to BanHammer myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

OldGoat wrote: »
    Last year while hunting for a Long coat there was nothing but bloody peas everywhere. I imagine it's going to be the same again though with a bit more military styling. KMaxx is always a good be for a coat in proper mens sizes :) but otherwise it's down to the usual suspects. Have a wander in Herrons on South Anne Street. They had some short coats that just managed to avoid the HighStreet homogeneity and show a little individuality.

Cheers OG, will do - I'd love a more traditional naval pea coat than what a lot of the high street is offering, but we'll see.

There's some lovely vintage originals online, but I'm already a bit suspect with buying vintage clothes online, nevermind vintage clothes that have been subjected to salt water, sweat and sea.. men. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

hello all :)

I have been reading in here for ages and loving all the advice and pics of clothes ..

anyways ... I bought this today

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/beaded-shift-dress_202447201

want to wear it out some night .. wondering what would be suitable to wear over it ...

its the first time i bought a little black dress (recent weight loss) so looking for some help on what to put with it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

shelly_g wrote: »
    hello all :)

I have been reading in here for ages and loving all the advice and pics of clothes ..

anyways ... I bought this today

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/beaded-shift-dress_202447201

want to wear it out some night .. wondering what would be suitable to wear over it ...

its the first time i bought a little black dress (recent weight loss) so looking for some help on what to put with it ....

I think the cardigan/bolero thing is really over done so I'd probably put either just a big wide shawl, maybe in a bright colour, or a well cut blazer. If you're looking to show off the shoulder detail perhaps the big shawl, it should allow it to poke out a bit for some glitter.

Gorgeous dress btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

i think if it wasnt winter id defo agree on a large shawl ;)

a well cut blazer in prehaps a different colour sounds like a good idea ...all black might be a tad plain ...

there is lovely beading on the shoulders :)

I'd be inclined to go with a nice shoe boot, I think, with cropped trousers.
    I do like Futurecrook's suggestions too. Brogues would be great for a cool daytime look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Awww I got really excited when I saw Old Goat had posted in the WDYWT thread.

:(

• Advertisement

Awww I got really excited when I saw Old Goat had posted in the WDYWT thread.

:(

/Twirls lecherous moustache
    Score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Me too! :( I always feel like a naughty lile child when chastised by you O.G, you'd make a goood headmaster! :pac:

Got some exciing news last night in an emal from a San Francisco based publisher who want to use my picure from his post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68334379&postcount=100 in a new book on bloggers fashion! I'm so excited to see the finished result!

/Drifts off into a rather delicious daydream
    Eh, wot now? Headmaster? Damn, I was going for Stablemaster.

I was thinking along the lines of a slightly posh all girls boarding school with rather dapper uniforms actually! ;) :pac:

PM me. ;):D

• Advertisement

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Me too! :( I always feel like a naughty lile child when chastised by you O.G, you'd make a goood headmaster! :pac:

Got some exciing news last night in an emal from a San Francisco based publisher who want to use my picure from his post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68334379&postcount=100 in a new book on bloggers fashion! I'm so excited to see the finished result!

That is so a San Fran look too, I'm so delighted for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Ladies and gentlemen,

Last minute dash to the shop after work tomorrow evening shall be required as my friend is coercing me to attend a Hallowe'en do (I really dislike said event and never go out/dress up for it). Have nothing that would pass as a "costume" to wear, so I'm just lashing on a shirt and black short shorts and pretending to get into the spirit- as a garçon (i.e. a girl in tuxedo attire). I needs me a black dickie bow. Would M&S on Grafton St have them?

Nip down to Harlequin and get a bowtie there. Also think about picking up tux jacket or waistcoat there too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Nip down to Harlequin and get a bowtie there. Also think about picking up tux jacket or waistcoat there too. :)

Thanks, OG! I actually already have a cropped tuxedo jacket (which I wear as non-dressing up attire.....hmm, maybe I should reign my quotidian style in a bit), but I'll pop into Harlequin for a bow tomorrow! Thanks again!

A tux jacket is perfectly adequate day to day wear as far as I'm concerned. No need to reign yourself in at all.

The tail has fallen off my beloved fox brooch!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/acertainsmile/5127017198/

I'm actually devastated! Is superglue a viable way to fix porcelain? I've emailed the maker of the brooch so I might be able to get a new one (hopefully at a discount for this one having broken so easily)

No you need to get aroldite from a hardware shop, don't worry porcelain is very easy to fix, you'll barely even be able to see the fracture line if you have all the chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Sooo I got this for my Halloween costume tomorrow http://www.annsummers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay_et!letc~ev!10252||et!letc~ev!46464||_40151_-1_10252_78779_10001_ and I've been thinking of doing "scary" make up to make it look a bit different. Like white face, blood, eye make up black and runny. Would that look stupid? And should I just do it on my face or do it too my arms and legs as well. Any tips/ideas are appreciated:)

I'm sadly not the most creative person!

Arrrgh some dye ran in my whites wash from a sneaky sock that snuck in, does anyone know what can strip the rogue dye out of all my lovely white tops? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

keep them wet sapsorrow, then get some punch colour run remover and do a wash cycle with it.

• Advertisement

Nice one I'll get some asap! :) Fingers crossed I'll be gutted to lose all those tops!

Arrrgh some dye ran in my whites wash from a sneaky sock that snuck in, does anyone know what can strip the rogue dye out of all my lovely white tops? :(

Dylon colour remover, vanish do one too I think

Has anyone seen this dress on another website/shop in a size 8-10/S in Black Please?

Asos, are out of stock of my size and when I emailled them and asked if they'd be getting anymore in they said they tend not to re-stock.:(

Vero Moda Lace Insert Knitted Dress
    image1xl.jpg

Thanks for any help.

No you need to get aroldite from a hardware shop, don't worry porcelain is very easy to fix, you'll barely even be able to see the fracture line if you have all the chips.

The girl is going to make me a new one because I lost the tail somewhere.

Did you get the dye out? This happened to me and a vintage dress, as well as destroying the colour it dyed my white bras this horrid navy blue!

Feckin' stupid office clocks. I thought the morning was flying in till I realised that no one re-set my office clock yesterday. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Feckin' stupid office clocks. I thought the morning was flying in till I realised that no one re-set my office clock yesterday. :mad:

Same happened to me yesterday. "I'm off in 20 minutes!? ALRIGHT!!! ....Oh......"

Did you get the dye out? This happened to me and a vintage dress, as well as destroying the colour it dyed my white bras this horrid navy blue!

No not yet, been up the walls with the new job and only just bought the colour remover today/ Will get it done tonight, fingers crossed!

Old Goat - Your WDYWT... fantabulous!

Just looking at Giddys costume pic there. Nice work. Love the way you left one red eye in the photo. :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend some shapewear for my stomach please?

I am a size 8-10, but I have a slight pot-belly (which I am self conscious about). I am not looking for something which can be worn every day, more for when I am going out/special occasions etc.

I was looking at Natural waistnipper on Debenhams, any opinions on it? I'd rather not have knicker/big shorts.:o

Also, can anyone recommend/suggest some shoes/accessories to go with this dress please? I was thinking of leaving my hair down (it's shoulder length and straight).

10C28XROS_normal.jpg

I can't walk in very high heels.:o:(

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement