Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

One of the old reliables - chocolate or wine.

I was meant to post that in the ladies lounge whoops but still!!! i dont think he likes wine or chocolates :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

OMG my boyfriend just gave me the most amazing christmas present (early I know but he got me a few things). It's a 1950's olive/forest green long dressing gown with lovely embroidered details. I'm sooo gonna wear it as a light summer jacket though :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

After MONTHS of me begging him, my brother finally let me be his personal shopper for a day :D Got him a coat, two shirts and two pairs of jeans. Done and done in two hours :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Couldn't spot a thread for sale talk there, few tips.

Fred Perry has begun online. It includes some of the collab stuff with Raf Simons, which is beautiful and normally a bit pricey.

Oi Polloi sale is excellent. Some great gear like APC, Fred Perry, Lacoste, YMC, Ma.Strum and more in there.

The ASOS sale is top class. Urban Outfitters is also worth a look, with a lot of stuff at half price.

BT2 kicks off in store at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Warehouse, Lipsy and uttam direct are up to 50% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Does anyone here know anything about the semantics of the Brown Thomas sale? Are bags (Mulberry) ever included? I got a really generous gift voucher for Christmas on the proviso that I put it toward a bag I have been lusting after for months. I doubt it will be included tbh so I probably have a few more months saving ahead of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Anyone know how well ASOS dresses fit? I've bought stuff off there before which was perfect but never dresses and returning things is such a load of hassle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Anyone know how well ASOS dresses fit? I've bought stuff off there before which was perfect but never dresses and returning things is such a load of hassle...
    I bought four dresses from Asos last month, Three of them were a great fit, I generally find their sizes pretty good.

unepetite wrote: »
    Does anyone here know anything about the semantics of the Brown Thomas sale? Are bags (Mulberry) ever included? I got a really generous gift voucher for Christmas on the proviso that I put it toward a bag I have been lusting after for months. I doubt it will be included tbh so I probably have a few more months saving ahead of me!

I would think never. They had some Mulberry wallets though last year if I remember correctly. I was talking to a sales assistant in the sale last year and she said that there's just some bags that never go into sale because their continued every season, "classic" bags if you will, so say the Mulberry Bayswater compared to a graphic Marc by Marc Jacobs tote bag.

I really want to nip in and take a look! My Marc bag is crying out for a matching wallet :D So broke though, will have to find a way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm making myself miserable looking at the Orla Kiely sale :(

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I would think never. They had some Mulberry wallets though last year if I remember correctly. I was talking to a sales assistant in the sale last year and she said that there's just some bags that never go into sale because their continued every season, "classic" bags if you will, so say the Mulberry Bayswater compared to a graphic Marc by Marc Jacobs tote bag.

I really want to nip in and take a look! My Marc bag is crying out for a matching wallet :D So broke though, will have to find a way!

Thanks, Twee! I got some advice on another forum which basically confirmed this. Apparently Mulberry do reduce bags, but strictly the "seasonal" versions, e.g. one-off limited edition colours of classic bags, but never the traditional Oak or Black etc. Which of course is what I'm after. Damn my classic taste :P Oh well, the wait will be worth it I suppose! Providing they don't sell out :eek:

I'm making myself miserable looking at the Orla Kiely sale :(

I can't afford to go to the sales this year (I hate sale shopping anyway....but still, this year I really want that damn Mulberry bag......but more saving is required).....yet I'm sitting here since yesterday on Topshop, Asos, etc. torturing myself. I keep putting things in virtual baskets before having to chuck them back out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I was actually coming in here to comment on how surprised I was to see Mulberry bags in the BT sale this morning! They had the Alexa and a mini-sized Alexa in the most gorgeous shade of purple. They also have some really lovely Lulu Guinness bags.

I was stunned to see a queue for Gucci, of all things!

Hermione* wrote: »
    I was actually coming in here to comment on how surprised I was to see Mulberry bags in the BT sale this morning! They had the Alexa and a mini-sized Alexa in the most gorgeous shade of purple. They also have some really lovely Lulu Guinness bags.

I was stunned to see a queue for Gucci, of all things!

The plum Alexa- yeah, I reckoned that'd be in there (based on what girls on another forum had told me). Fairly beautiful alright, but I'm after the plain auld Oak Alexa myself. Not that I'd say no to the purple, haha!

Gucci? Really?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Delighted to see the gorgeous gals - sapsorrow and fillefatale posts in the WDYWT thread. Looking fabulous. I was actually going to post up to ask where were all the gorgeous folk of the thread gone!!

Fabulous outfits indeed. Got a late birthday/Christmas present of a camera so hopefully I will now remember to document my outfits!

Gonna head to town tomorrow and look for a New Years dress. I really want to wear my purple pill box hat (here) so I'm thinking something strapless to accentuate the hat. And if I have money left over, this dress needs buying! Was admiring it a few weeks ago and now it's only €27 down from €54.
    image4xl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

^^ I've been eyeing that dress up Twee, it's beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

lindtee wrote: »
    Delighted to see the gorgeous gals - sapsorrow and fillefatale posts in the WDYWT thread. Looking fabulous. I was actually going to post up to ask where were all the gorgeous folk of the thread gone!!

Lol thanks Lind, ya haven't had much time for wearing pretty clothes lately with work and all. Just wearing boring old black most days now :(

I think we NEED it ;). If I do go for it I may order two sizes, as I never have much luck with strapless dresses, even though I love the look of them. It's a case of boobs squashed into my regular dress size, or the whole dress hanging off me in the next size :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The plum Alexa- yeah, I reckoned that'd be in there (based on what girls on another forum had told me). Fairly beautiful alright, but I'm after the plain auld Oak Alexa myself. Not that I'd say no to the purple, haha!

Gucci? Really?!
    The purple is stunning in person, absolutely stunning! My sis had to drag me away from it! :rolleyes: I have a Bayswater in oak already, so a colour is next highest on my covetworthy items, and purple's my favourite colour! There were some oak-coloured bags iirc, but not a single Bayswater.
    We couldn't get over the Gucci queue. Most of their bags aren't even leather! :eek:

Twee, I love, love, love the hat! And the frock. Great outfit!

Hermione* wrote: »
    The purple is stunning in person, absolutely stunning! My sis had to drag me away from it! :rolleyes: I have a Bayswater in oak already, so a colour is next highest on my covetworthy items, and purple's my favourite colour! There were some oak-coloured bags iirc, but not a single Bayswater.
    We couldn't get over the Gucci queue. Most of their bags aren't even leather! :eek:

Twee, I love, love, love the hat! And the frock. Great outfit!

My uncle bought his lucky wife a Mulberry Edie for Christmas. It is just gorgeous!

I love the hat too, but have never worn it! So I think New Years is a good hat occasion.

My uncle bought his lucky wife a Mulberry Edie for Christmas. It is just gorgeous!

I love the hat too, but have never worn it! So I think New Years is a good hat occasion.
    Oh, lucky lady! How fab! One of my pals got an Alexa from her sister. I had to tell her politely that I now hate her :pac:
    You'll look fab for New Year's! :D

Oh my God, that is one lucky woman. Not that I'm materialistic or anything!! :P

Oh my God, that is one lucky woman. Not that I'm materialistic or anything!! :P

Um, yeah, me either :pac:

lindtee wrote: »

Ah thanks!! The thread has been dead lately and its the festive season! Besides Xmas day and my birthday I've been slobbing around in a robe and old pjs!

• Advertisement

Sale shopping distresses me greatly. There are just so many loopers out there! I'm bring a cattle prod next year.

Stupid sizing also hurts my brain. I tried on about a billion coats today. One beautiful jasper conran coat fit like a glove in an 8. Then a beautiful john rocha was perfect in the 10. Then over in sisley i had to wear a 14. Is it so hard to just pick a certain number of inches and go with that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I hate the sales. My strategy for sale time is to ignore the section of the shop that is given over to sale items. The problem with that is that it leaves very little to buy as the sale stuff takes over so much of the shop.

I despise them too janeybabe. I only went cos my mother is *insisting* I get a new coat. As long as she's buying I will do what she tells me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm blessed to have a mother who despises shopping as much as I do! :pac:

Edit: damn, she buys you clothes?? Aw, I want one of them.

Never argue when someone else is buying!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm blessed to have a mother who despises shopping as much as I do! :pac:

Edit: damn, she buys you clothes?? Aw, I want one of them.

She doesn't buy me clothes as such. She just thinks my current coat is "past it's best. There's no heat in it anymore". Personally I have no issue with my very cosy coat which has lasted a good 3 years and a very long time considering it was 30quid in a sample sale but when mammy insists, mammy insists!

Did get a fabulous coat today though. Not sure if it's too long/formal for everyday wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

looking in what did you wear, and omg Sapsorrow you look fantastic here :D

I really like the shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, I want a Mulberry so badly. Sooooo badly. But me and saving don't go together. :(

Novella wrote: »
    Ooh, I want a Mulberry so badly. Sooooo badly. But me and saving don't go together. :(

Me either! It's so hard!

My goodness Topshop Stephen's Green had a Spring trend in store yesterday! I was almost blinded by the bright colours.

Any recommendations for nice underwear on sale? Pref online, everything I like on ASOS is gone in my size

I was having a look at their website earlier and I saw the S/S11 trends. It's not even January! It's still cold, really cold! I can't be looking at sandals and brightly coloured dresses. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Novella wrote: »
    I was having a look at their website earlier and I saw the S/S11 trends. It's not even January! It's still cold, really cold! I can't be looking at sandals and brightly coloured dresses. :eek:

I was doing the same :( its never warm enough then to wear anything summery you buy on it, I still have sandals I got last year and never got to wear:(

I was doing the same :( its never warm enough then to wear anything summery you buy on it, I still have sandals I got last year and never got to wear:(

I think I started wearing sandals last April, and only stopped in September! I hate having warm feet though, so when it comes to time for getting back into socks and boots, I get sad. Then I get addicted to boots though, 'cause they're pretty... but thinking about it now, can't wait for sandal season! :)

Any recommendations for nice underwear on sale? Pref online, everything I like on ASOS is gone in my size

Nothing nice left in my size either :( I recently got measured and am a new size so would love to get loads of new undies.

There's a few on La Senza that look pretty. I usually get some nice ones from Arnotts at good prices in sales. Maybe try a department store near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Right, I've 130E worth of vouchers to spend in M&S.

I can't decide between getting a decent pair of shoes ~85E and a decent pair of trousers or shirt ~ 45E.

Or

Blowing it all on a new blazer ~ 130E!

If someone can decide for me now, it will save me looking like an idiot doing the whole catsup, ketchup thing :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biW2i9yK-10

• Advertisement

MediumWell wrote: »
    Right, I've 130E worth of vouchers to spend in M&S.

I can't decide between getting a decent pair of shoes ~85E and a decent pair of trousers or shirt ~ 45E.

Or

Blowing it all on a new blazer ~ 130E!

Link to the blazer? A staple of any wardrobe... ;)
    image4xl.jpg

Down to €17.95! Just bought a 10 and 12 so will see which one fits best, if any! Won't be here until the 11th though :(

Nothing nice left in my size either :( I recently got measured and am a new size so would love to get loads of new undies.

There's a few on La Senza that look pretty. I usually get some nice ones from Arnotts at good prices in sales. Maybe try a department store near you.

I should get fitted again, its been about three years since I was last measured. It'd be so annoying to have to change sizes though!

I checked out the drapers near me and they're all a bit old fashioned for me. Maybe if theres anything left in John Lewis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Did you try figleaves.com? I've ordered from them a few times now, no problems, and got stuff pretty cheap relative to BT/Arnotts (I generally only buy Chantelle and more recently Fantasie)

I should get fitted again, its been about three years since I was last measured. It'd be so annoying to have to change sizes though!

I checked out the drapers near me and they're all a bit old fashioned for me. Maybe if theres anything left in John Lewis.

Go get measured, I couldn't believe how comfortable the new size was! Obviously as it's my proper size, but ya know what I mean!

Saw a fab tutu like skirt in Monsoon in Liffey Valley, but none in my size. Will have to try get to town to find it! Gone from their website too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Link to the blazer? A staple of any wardrobe... ;)

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Collezione-Single-Breasted-Button-Jacket/dp/B002I66H5G?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_38&sr=1-38&qid=1293824565 Edit: that's not the exact blazer, as the one I looked at was cotton but it's the same design and colour.

Except in a brownish colour. I already have it in navy.

Didn't get it in the end as I bought shoes (80E), trousers (45E) and a shirt (35E). Yeah, turns out the vouchers added up to 150E so I was like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Can anyone recommend any stores in Dublin (pref city centre as it's the only area I'm familiar with) that sell bra's in 30B? I don't have a budget, but I guess I wouldn't spend more than €30-€40, but it depends on how good quality the bra is.

I've seen a few bras online, but they are all plains ones...:(

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can anyone recommend any stores in Dublin (pref city centre as it's the only area I'm familiar with) that sell bra's in 30B? I don't have a budget, but I guess I wouldn't spend more than €30-€40, but it depends on how good quality the bra is.

I've seen a few bras online, but they are all plains ones...:(

Thanks.

Marks and Spencer does a 30B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Marks and Spencer does a 30B.
    Thanks. Does the Jerivs store stock 30B? My local store (Mullingar) don't.

Are they 'nice' designs? (i.e; not just plain black/white/red etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This is the selection that they have on the site - you may find a few other styles in the stores that are out of stock on the site.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Does the Jerivs store stock 30B? My local store (Mullingar) don't.

Are they 'nice' designs? (i.e; not just plain black/white/red etc)

You can order whatever they don't have in store in your size and it will be delivered to the store. You pay when it arrives so you can try whatever you order on for size first before you buy. If you go to Customer Service you can order there. You'll need the style number. It will start with a T. For example, this one has the code T818259P. (T81 is the code for collection bras.) If you find one in the shop that doesn't have your size have a look at the chart at the back and if it comes in your size just order it. Or if you see one on the site that isn't in store you can order it in store too as long as you have the code. It usually takes about 2 days depending on the shop for orders to arrive. The Galway store had a ridiculous 5 day wait last time I tried to order something there. So even if Mullingar don't have your size you could still try to order it in.

Advertisement