Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This is the selection that they have on the site - you may find a few other styles in the stores that are out of stock on the site.
    Thank you so much.
    janeybabe wrote: »
    You can order whatever they don't have in store in your size and it will be delivered to the store. You pay when it arrives so you can try whatever you order on for size first before you buy. If you go to Customer Service you can order there. You'll need the style number. It will start with a T. For example, this one has the code T818259P. (T81 is the code for collection bras.) If you find one in the shop that doesn't have your size have a look at the chart at the back and if it comes in your size just order it. Or if you see one on the site that isn't in store you can order it in store too as long as you have the code. It usually takes about 2 days depending on the shop for orders to arrive. The Galway store had a ridiculous 5 day wait last time I tried to order something there. So even if Mullingar don't have your size you could still try to order it in.
    Thank you so much for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

The Urban Decay NYC set is absolute LOVE!

Used the Bordello last night and <3 love, love loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Could anyone tell me what the sizing of Cheap Monday is like? They've some nice jeans in the ASOS sale but I've never bought them before. I wear 28" 32" jeans from topshop if that's anything to go by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

fonpokno wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me what the sizing of Cheap Monday is like? They've some nice jeans in the ASOS sale but I've never bought them before. I wear 28" 32" jeans from topshop if that's anything to go by!

In my experience they're more fitted, so I would go for the 29" inch waist. Beware if you're buying them in black though, the colour runs very quickly in the wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Got me some bargainous bargains in Boots today, everything is half price and they have loads of stock left. Happy days:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Some good underwear bargains in Arnotts, if you can find your size! They have €5 and €10 baskets of bras and pants. Also Wonderbra, Freya, Calvin Klein, Elle McPherson, loads of top brands with 20%-50% discounts. I got an Armani bra for €27, down from €60 I think. It has a gloriously tacky dimante Armani logo on it :D State of it, but fits nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Takes the dustcovers off Janeys chair.
    WB :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Are we there yet? Oh, it seems we are. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yay!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

As you girls were chatting about bra sizes and getting measured, is it possible to measure yourself using a measuring tape & those online guides, or are they complete tack? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I've tried measuring myself a few times and it's never accurate. I think it's worth getting measured properly.

Hi Janeybabe :D !

It's free of charge to get measured and you don't have to buy anything. If they're forcing it, just say you're in a rush and just dropped in :pac: But if you're intending to buy in a department store it's good to do on the same day as you get measured as different brands fit different.

I recieved a few messages about Mina and their delivery policy. It takes 4-8 days to deliver to Ireland via royal mail and delivered by the postal service. If you are unhappy you can exchange within 14 days. Delivery for orders over 120 is free, under that is 7 pounds. Also I noticed some of their dresses are far more expensive on other sites, e.g. Asos, Modcloth, As Dolorous said in the purchases thread so it's well worth keeping an eye out there. It's fast becoming my favourite site.

http://www.minauk.com/Online/Info/DP2.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Got me some bargainous bargains in Boots today, everything is half price and they have loads of stock left. Happy days:D

I was also lucky enough to get a student discount off the original price! They have some nice sets in the henry St Store so Im stocked up on lovely shower and body butter goodies for the year! Do this every year and fill up a hat box with nice stuff. They usually reduce the stuff down to 75% around the 14th Jan so worth having a look then too but most of it is generally gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I got a jacket off ebay and it looks like a badly made shirt. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

That's a balls crayolastereo. I got a dress from ebay a few weeks ago that looked lovely in the photo, red with little flowers. When it arrived it looked like something for a 90 year old, the flowers are grey and it's really dull. Damn ebay and things looking so much nicer in photos.

If the goods supplied are not what was in the picture (yet claim to be) then you should be entitled to your money back. Just my opinion. :)
    I'm currently reading around the topic of product photography. Making items look their best is a skill and artform and there are professionals out there who will make your dull bit of bling shine like a Tiffany advert.

I've yet to read the guidlines on EBay about how much an image of goods can be tweeked in Photoshop but increasing the colour saturation of the picture would seem to me to be misrepresenting the goods.

Just got an email back from the guy saying he'll give me a refund and I don't need to post it back :D Just hasn't come into the paypal account yet, maybe there is a delay. :S

Thoughts?

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010421247_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtdebut

On me it skims the floor, but in heels it doesn't drag. Haven't bought it yet though.

Mission:

Anything similar and/or what shoes/accessories to pair with it? :o

It's divine on, i feel so elegant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Twee, I love the red Schuh brogues you're wearing in the WDYWT thread - I wonder are they still in store? Don't see them on the website...

The Cool wrote: »
    Twee, I love the red Schuh brogues you're wearing in the WDYWT thread - I wonder are they still in store? Don't see them on the website...

The seem to be out of stock in the red I'm afraid. They have them in brown.

They're by Red or Dead and the style is called Alexa if you wanted to do a Google or try order them in a Schuh store.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Thoughts?

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010421247_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtdebut

On me it skims the floor, but in heels it doesn't drag. Haven't bought it yet though.

Mission:

Anything similar and/or what shoes/accessories to pair with it? :o

It's divine on, i feel so elegant.
    That is a stunning dress.

As there is some detail on the shoulder I would keep accessories (jewellery) simple, otherwise it could take from the detail of the dress. I wouldn't wear a neck-piece with the dress though, as there is enough detail in the shoulder of the dress, imo.

Maybe some earrings and bracelet? Something like these

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/CategoryID/42/List/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/13955/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName
    17-78-673.jpg

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/CategoryID/42/List/0/catpageindex/3/Level/a/ProductID/13957/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName
    http://www.fields.ie/Portals/3//stock/image/17-78-721.jpg

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/CategoryID/42/List/0/catpageindex/5/Level/a/ProductID/13087/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName
    17-78-339.jpg

As for a bracelet

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/CategoryID/180/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/13945/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName
    17-77-755w.jpg

Yeah I don't to be too fussy. Need to find some nice silver shoes.

That jewellary site is lovley! I have a similar bracelet, I need a nice pair of earrings, the drop ones are gorgeous!

Can anyone give me their opinions on this dress on me please? I've been told given opinions by members of my family, none of which were honest with me. I like the dresses, but don't know if they suit me, I'd appreciate some honest opinions. And by honest, I mean, don't hold back.:o

Thanks.

PinkDress2.jpg
    PinkDress1.jpg
    NavyDress1.jpg
    NavyDress2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

erm...are those dresses from topshop by any chance, remember seeing then in the sale... thought they looked a *bit* tacky in real life... thats just personal opinion though i hate that stretchy material and i'm not a fan of "bling"(not being offensive :) )

In saying that they don't look like that at all on you :)
    Love the pinkish one, much nicer with your skin tone than the black :D

my 2 cents :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I like the first one on you. The black isn't anything special tbh, the bling stands out a bit more so it looks a bit cheaper.

fghijkl wrote: »
    erm...are those dresses from topshop by any chance, remember seeing then in the sale... thought they looked a *bit* tacky in real life... thats just personal opinion though i hate that stretchy material and i'm not a fan of "bling"(not being offensive :) )

In saying that they don't look like that at all on you :)
    Love the pinkish one, much nicer with your skin tone than the black :D

my 2 cents :D
    Yes they are from Topshop.

I'm not offended, I'd really like honest opinions on it, I won't be offended lol.

Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate you being honest and taking the time to reply. :)
    I like the first one on you. The black isn't anything special tbh, the bling stands out a bit more so it looks a bit cheaper.
    Thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I think the first one is lovely!really suits your body shape and looks really well on!:), the second one cause its darker looks a little tacky with the jewels standing out more, not awful or anything, just not as nice as the first!

• Advertisement

I agree, the pink is really lovely on. But side note for everyone, the second one is actually navy (used to work in TS), so isn't truly that dark in person. But I still love the pink one more :D

I think the first one is lovely!really suits your body shape and looks really well on!:), the second one cause its darker looks a little tacky with the jewels standing out more, not awful or anything, just not as nice as the first!
    Twee. wrote: »
    I agree, the pink is really lovely on. But side note for everyone, the second one is actually navy (used to work in TS), so isn't truly that dark in person. But I still love the pink one more :D

Thanks everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I think the pink one is nicer too Purple_Bobbin. It may be just because I'm bored of seeing black dresses the whole time though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Is the bling as obvious in reality purple_bobbin? It looks like there's a lot of flash reflect in the photos. I like both, but if you're only keeping one then the pink is nicer (though I do love a navy dress, or navy anything really)

lainey316 wrote: »
    Is the bling as obvious in reality purple_bobbin? It looks like there's a lot of flash reflect in the photos. I like both, but if you're only keeping one then the pink is nicer (though I do love a navy dress, or navy anything really)
    Yes, it is, just as obvious, on both dresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

OldGoat, are you attending the Burlesque do in the Sugar Club tonight? What is the dress code for the non corset wearing public?

• Advertisement

OldGoat, are you attending the Burlesque do in the Sugar Club tonight? What is the dress code for the non corset wearing public?
    Yep I'm going to be there. It's not a regular show, rather it's one put together in aid of CanTeen, the teenagers cancer charity hence there are going to be loads of non-burlesque regulars in the audience. Anything from jeans to vintage flapper dresses to M&S black suits with bootlace ties to prom dresses to latex skirts to... ...yadda yadda. Anything goes. :)
    Though corsets are popular they are not essential. Just think smart or cocktail or prom and you'll be a belle.

Come over and say Hello if you see me there. I'll be the drunk fat oul bloke. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I was going to be heading for my mothers birthday celebrations, but this evil chest infection is refusing to let me get out of bed.

Enjoy it though! I would love to go to one. Someday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Can anyone give me their opinions on this dress on me please? I've been told given opinions by members of my family, none of which were honest with me. I like the dresses, but don't know if they suit me, I'd appreciate some honest opinions. And by honest, I mean, don't hold back.:o

Thanks.
    [/IMG]

I'm not a fan dresses which have a zip which stands out. I think it kind of ruins the look a little.
    Also, I think the navy one looks like it's clinging a little too tightly around the middle.

The pink looks lovely with your pale skin-tone though. I just wish the zip wasn't so obvious :P It's still nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

Can anyone give me their opinions on this dress on me please? I've been told given opinions by members of my family, none of which were honest with me. I like the dresses, but don't know if they suit me, I'd appreciate some honest opinions. And by honest, I mean, don't hold back
    90% sure the 2 blonde twins on the itv version of take me out were wearing this dress on tonights episode, if you want to see what it looks like on someone else! :D:D (lol i always get my friends/family to try on clothes i'm iffy about!)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Agree with the rest, if you're only keeping one, keep the pink one, think its the nicer of the two. Also from a practical point of view, you might get more wears out of a pink dress coming up to the summer then a dark sparkly dress (feels a bit winter-ish/Christmas party-ish)
    I'm not a fan dresses which have a zip which stands out. I think it kind of ruins the look a little.

Kinda agree, though I did a dressmaking course and the amount of work that goes into putting in (and covering) a zip makes me see why its easier to leave it exposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Kinda agree, though I did a dressmaking course and the amount of work that goes into putting in (and covering) a zip makes me see why its easier to leave it exposed.

They could've got a pink zip at least though. The black just doesn't go.

Thanks for the replies and opinions everyone, I think I'll return both of them and wait until I see a nicer dress and then just use the money to buy that dress.

Anyone any amazing tricks to get rid of dry skin? Winter and my face are not friends :(

Anyone any amazing tricks to get rid of dry skin? Winter and my face are not friends :(
    Have you tried Nivea moisturiuser? I find it a life saver at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Clarins hydra-quench serum is brilliant, I use it all winter before putting on moisturiser. I've tried a heavier moisturiser but I always end up with spots from them.

My MAC Mineralize powder is all gone, waaaah. Won't be able to afford a new one for ages so I just got a Rimmel the other day. It's not even half as good :( Lame-o.

I'm the exact same :( Going back to France though on Sunday so I'll pick some up in Duty free :)

Ooh clever, I'll keep an eye out for any pals going away ;)

Actually, does anyone know if MAC sell brushes in their Airport store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I find the Skinfinish Natural doesn't last very long actually, I definitely bombed through the first one (I was in SE Asia though so most days it was the only makeup I wore, actually had pretty great coverage alone when buffed in with a kabuki)

MAC in the airport do have brushes, but maybe not the full range? A couple of times in Gatwick I couldn't get specific ones and had to get them from a store in the UK when my friend was coming over (not paying BT prices for brushes)

• Advertisement
Advertisement