Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

lainey316 wrote: »
    I find the Skinfinish Natural doesn't last very long actually, I definitely bombed through the first one (I was in SE Asia though so most days it was the only makeup I wore, actually had pretty great coverage alone when buffed in with a kabuki)

I was just going to say the exact opposite! Mine has lasted over six months and there's probably about 3 weeks left in it if I scrape the bottom, I just want to pick a new one up while in the airport as a back up. :)

I'm the same, I'd wear at least SFN everyday, and it works wonderfully by itself.. when my skin is clear enough :rolleyes:

MAC in the airport do have brushes, but maybe not the full range? A couple of times in Gatwick I couldn't get specific ones and had to get them from a store in the UK when my friend was coming over (not paying BT prices for brushes)

Cheers! I'm just looking for the duo fiber foundation 'skunk' brush thing! I think it might be a 187?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

@Michelleman, they deffo do that brush in the airport:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got the 187 for Christmas, it's brilliant. Loving it so far, but I did have to watch a few videos, didn't know what to do with the thing!

I've had the powder since October and it's only gone now because I dropped it and it smashed! I lost a good bit, but there was still a bit left to keep me going, but now gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I realise I'm about 30 years behind everybody else, but I've only just bought my first pair of leggings and my GOD they're comfortable! It's like I was wearing PJs in work today :)

Now I'm wondering what other wardrobe staples there are out there which I have yet to discover :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

jokettle wrote: »
    I realise I'm about 30 years behind everybody else, but I've only just bought my first pair of leggings and my GOD they're comfortable! It's like I was wearing PJs in work today :)

Now I'm wondering what other wardrobe staples there are out there which I have yet to discover :o

I remember when leggings first came out, I was like, "NO WAY!" but yup, they're amazing. I'd live in them! Best things ever, 'cause I find it really hard to find jeans that fit well.

Novella wrote: »
    I remember when leggings first came out, I was like, "NO WAY!" but yup, they're amazing. I'd live in them! Best things ever, 'cause I find it really hard to find jeans that fit well.

My only (small) issue is, I wore them with ankle boots today but the leggings don't have feet so I had to wear little ankle socks too...seemed a bit weird! Maybe I'm too used to wearing tights? Still comfy as anything though :)

My only (small) issue is, I wore them with ankle boots today but the leggings don't have feet so I had to wear little ankle socks too...seemed a bit weird! Maybe I'm too used to wearing tights? Still comfy as anything though :)

I have that exact same issue! I was wearing ankle boots and leggings yesterday too, and I couldn't find any little socks anywhere so I had to do some sort of sock tucky-in thing and it just felt strange. If leggings had feet, I'd be a very happy lady!

You can get leggings with stirrup ends of them can you not? I thought I'd seen them in penneys before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

got mac studio sculpt and the mineralizing powder after hearing the rave reviews on here. It seems to just slide off :( any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

got mac studio sculpt and the mineralizing powder after hearing the rave reviews on here. It seems to just slide off :( any tips?

Primer? I haven't had much success with the studio sculpt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

any tips?

Use a primer, let it dry in a bit then apply the SS with a sponge. The coverage is way better if you apply it by dabbing it on with a sponge, rather than using your fingers or a brush, I find.
    I'd normally use a brush, but a guy in BT's at MAC told me to use a sponge for better and longer-lasting coverage.

I had the same problem with studio sculpt. The concealor especially. I find the studio finish much better.

How do you find the mineralise skinfinish? wonderful isn't it?! :D

How do you find the mineralise skinfinish? wonderful isn't it?! :D

honestly? not great. I've been using bare minerals for over two years and never find myself shiny or cakey but wanted something different for a change more coverage and better lasting power for going out or long days.

going to give the sponge a go and a different primer tomorrow. i've tried flash radiance skincare brush SYL which i assumed was a primer but i've a smashbox one i'll give a go tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Anyone any amazing tricks to get rid of dry skin? Winter and my face are not friends :(

Nappy rash cream! It's really dense, so put it on before you go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Nappy rash cream! It's really dense, so put it on before you go to bed.

:O would that not seriously clog your pores??

• Advertisement

Well I tried primer, still very shiney but switched to bare minerals mineral veil in the afternoon to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

when returning stuff to asos do you have to pay for the postage? or do you just stick on the label they give you and pop it in the post box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Does anyone know what shops in Dublin city centre would do nice full length dresses for about 100ish?

I wanna get a deadly floor length dress for my Christmas party at the end of the month! It's black tie! :) I need some inspiration! :)

You can get leggings with stirrup ends of them can you not? I thought I'd seen them in penneys before!

Oooh! Must check for these, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

when returning stuff to asos do you have to pay for the postage? or do you just stick on the label they give you and pop it in the post box

Yeah, you have to pay. I think they'll refund the postage it if it's their fault that you have to send it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Does anyone know what shops in Dublin city centre would do nice full length dresses for about 100ish?

I wanna get a deadly floor length dress for my Christmas party at the end of the month! It's black tie! :) I need some inspiration! :)
    Have you looked in TK MAXX squeakyduck? I saw some lovely floor length dresses there.

Oooh! Must check for these, thanks :)

Oh, I hate Penneys leggings. I only have one pair but y'know the seam on the bum of leggings? Well... mine ripped! And I don't have a big bum, I don't even have a bum! :pac: But yeah, there are stirrup leggings. I've no idea why I don't own any. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

You hae to pay, which is one of the reasons Ive stopped buying clothes from the site.

Monsoon and then try the Coast and Karen Millen sales.
    Yeah, you have to pay. I think they'll refund the postage it if it's their fault that you have to send it back.

But only if its the whole order I think, I sent back a faulty item with 2 other returns and it wasn't refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I got this and I'm not sure if I have anything to go with it! What do ye guys/gals think would be nice with it?

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/TopMan/images/catalog/83U16BSTN_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Top 2 buttons open, white tshirt underneath, dark wash jeans and some dark brown boots. Preferably distressed worker style boots, the kind that All Saints do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Top 2 buttons open, white tshirt underneath, dark wash jeans and some dark brown boots. Preferably distressed worker style boots, the kind that All Saints do

This is exactly what I was planning to wear with it, my navy peacoat inclusive but I think but I want something a bit different. Like these: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&langId=-1&storeId=12555&catalogId=33056&parent_category_rn=&categoryId=207138&productId=2214813

- I would love them, rolled up at the bottom and a nice brown shoe but unfortunately Limerick doesn't have a Topman (:mad:).

Chanel-Black-Pearl-Peche-Nacree-Pearl-Drop-Swatches.jpg

WANT. Chanel S/S '11 nail varnish collection. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Debating which one of these I should get:

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Any idea's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

The first two are gorgeous! I'd go with the first - the patterned with frills at the front - but it's a tough choice :)

Moved to Chatwalk.

• Advertisement

I like the last two, and if I had to choose, I'd probably go with the middle one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I was eyeing up the middle one on asos before, I really like it! I think it'd look amazing with a waist belt :D

Whenever I lend clothes to people I always tell them not to wash them, I'll do it myself. The one time I didn't tell someone, the silk shirt comes back machine washed, a button missing and the folds ironed in all wrong :( Lame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Trying to decide whether I am insane or not, but I've seen these leather look jeans online. These are them
    Zara-Leather-Seamed-Trousers_92F65162.jpg
    Have I lost my mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Trying to decide whether I am insane or not, but I've seen these leather look jeans online. These are them
    Zara-Leather-Seamed-Trousers_92F65162.jpg
    Have I lost my mind?

I like them - but they had a similar pair in Zara that was much more waxed cotton in reality. Can you see them in zoom to really get a look at the fabric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

They are Zara but on ebay, what are they like in real life? I don't really mind if they are wax cotton, I just like the look of them in the photo :P!
    Also, in what is 8-10 equivalent to in their normal xxs, xs, s way of sizing things?

They are Zara but on ebay, what are they like in real life? :)

Oh! They were less leather-look in real life, a bit stiffer - not quite as heavy looking as a wax jacket but a bit greasy... hard to explain!

Actually they have bloke ones on the Zara site, if you zoom in really close you can see what I mean - http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/fr/en/zara-W2010-s/11041/162014/WAXED%2BSKINNY%2BTROUSERS - though I think the ladies were slightly coarser, as in you could see more of the twill.

It's not that they weren't nice, but not as nice as the image you included, more obviously not leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Anyone have any idea whether benefits her name is glowla back in stock anywhere? :) Preferably in the cork area :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Glowla was a limited edition for Christmas, as far as I know ...

• Advertisement

I put purple ribbons in my red shoes :)

164121_10150133531705801_507880800_8313553_5364835_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Debating which one of these I should get:

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Any idea's?

Defo the middle, don't like the other two but that one is lovely!

Think I might go wild and buy all three when I get paid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Think I might go wild and buy all three when I get paid :)

Ha ha Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I love all of them especially the dress in the middle, love the sleeves and the detail on the front of it. Prettyful Dresses :)

I like the first two, but not the third - it looks like a glorified top that's a small puff of air away from revealing her (hopefully clad) lady garden! First two very pretty.

I love to see what other people are buying though it does not help my self-imposed clothes and shoes ban til May (USA trip)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I agree with Lainey either of the first two would be nice. Sometimes I find that issue with Asos too, dresses that look like tops. Rarely order from them myself but have got nice items in the past.

lainey316 wrote: »
    I love to see what other people are buying though it does not help my self-imposed clothes and shoes ban til May (USA trip)

Me 2. I need guidance for putting outfits together. I'm useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Just saw this site on a thread here and I've fallen in love with EVERYTHING on it:D http://www.modcloth.com/

But, I hardly ever buy things online because I'm sooo fussy - and I've the most awkward figure ever when it comes to getting clothes that fit well! So I'm wondering how the returns work? I was looking at the site there and it doesn't say 'free' at the international returns bit, so I'm assuming you'd pay yourself? Also, I've never bought from the U.S. so I'm wondering what the story is with import tax?

I'd appreciate anyone sharing any know-how! :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

G86 wrote: »
    Just saw this site on a thread here and I've fallen in love with EVERYTHING on it:D http://www.modcloth.com/

But, I hardly ever buy things online because I'm sooo fussy - and I've the most awkward figure ever when it comes to getting clothes that fit well! So I'm wondering how the returns work? I was looking at the site there and it doesn't say 'free' at the international returns bit, so I'm assuming you'd pay yourself? Also, I've never bought from the U.S. so I'm wondering what the story is with import tax?

I'd appreciate anyone sharing any know-how! :)

Cheers!

I've bought from them a few times & yeah I think you have to pay the shipping on returns that don't fit. I've returned something once & got refunded it but that was cos the item was faulty (buttons missing). I don't think they'd refund if it's just that it doesn't fit unfortunately.

Can't help on the import tax cos I don't live in Ireland so I don't have to worry about extortionate import taxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Ah bugger, I've seen some reaaaly nice dresses on there!

And these are a major WANT! :D(Although I'd prob break my ankle in them!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement