Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    Those shoes are AMAZING. I possibly want them more than I've ever wanted anything in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My experience of Modcloth is that if you are sent a small box you probably wont get get caught but if it's a medium/large box you probably will get caught by customs.

Also, while a lot of the stuff on the site is great, the quality of some of the stuff is not great for the price you pay. It depends on the brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm gonna *try* kickstart the ould blog again, so far this year I only have stuck up nice pictures etc but I do want to try do a few more fashion/style related posts..so please do join me if ye are bored!!

http://rubytuesdaysrainydays.blogspot.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can't remember who was looking for them but the Red or Dead brogues are back online AND in sale if you're a size 3 or 4! link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

OMG squeeky duck you have amazing pins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Awh! *blushes*

Thank you! People say it to me alot, but I don't like my knobbildy knees and I feel that my thighs are MASSIVE.

Thank you, Massive confidence boost for the day :) xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Awh! *blushes*

Thank you! People say it to me alot, but I don't like my knobbildy knees and I feel that my thighs are MASSIVE.

Thank you, Massive confidence boost for the day :) xxxx

ah, your knees and thighs look fine ;) I'm jealous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Swit swoo squeaky duck! Great outfit too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm absolutely thrilled with my new boots :D still can't get over the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

allandanyways: I must say you look fab in that picture you posted. Dress suits you so well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Lia_lia wrote: »
    allandanyways: I must say you look fab in that picture you posted. Dress suits you so well :)

Thanks Lia_Lia, I've picked up a few gems in Forever 21, that's probably my favourite. Some of the plus size stuff is absolute tack, but there are some gorgeous bits as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

allandanyways and squeakyduck you look fab in the other thread! :)

I had to force myself to stop browsing ASOS and other clothes sites a few weeks ago but I'm back looking at them now. It's my birthday fairly soon and I'll get a load of money for it (Well I hope I will anyway!) so expect to see a few purchases from me around these parts! :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

allandanyways that dress is so adorable!

I can't decide whether I like F21+ or not... every time I go in I see stuff I sort of like but something sems a bit off. I think I'll have to buy a dress to try out :D

phasers wrote: »
    I think I'll have to buy a dress to try out :D

Ah, shopping for "research" purposes :pac:

It's the best kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Does anyone do any River Island stores in Dublin City have this cardigan in stock? And how much it costs please? I am looking for it in both Grey and Beige.

I went into the store n Henry St today and none of the staff had any idea what I was talking about, they all assumed I was talking about some cowl neck dress.

Cocoon Slouchy Pocket Cardigan
    598659_main?$hero$
    598660_main?$hero$

Thanks for any help.

If you get the product code off the website and ring the store, they can put it into a scanner and check if they have it!

Novella wrote: »
    If you get the product code off the website and ring the store, they can put it into a scanner and check if they have it!
    Thank you very much. I'll ring 'em tomorrow! :D

Thank you very much. I'll ring 'em tomorrow! :D

It's way easier than trying to describe things! :)

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    It's way easier than trying to describe things! :)

"Hi, I'm looking for a dress. Yeah, it's black. Short. Really nice. Saw it in Grazia magazine''

Not the easiest phone calls to deal with :p

Twee. wrote: »
    "Hi, I'm looking for a dress. Yeah, it's black. Short. Really nice. Saw it in Grazia magazine''

Not the easiest phone calls to deal with :p

Haha, exactly! :) Some of the descriptions people gave me in RI were so shit - "My friend had this top on her the other day, said she got it in RI. It was sort of white. Do you have it?". Ehhhhh!

The worst is when you do genuinely look for something, can't find it, tell the customer you don't have it but then they find it themself! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hi guys, I'm new here, been lurking for a while :o

Hey Tallon, welcome to F&A!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Tallon wrote: »

Welcome to F&A :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lurker eh? Prove it! Spell 'Haberdashery'.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Lurker eh? Prove it! Spell 'Haberdashery'.
    H... A... B... B...

Dam it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

so tempted by some of the beauty offers boards deals have on at the minute! :D I need to stop going crazy with my wages though

lol, that boards deals is going to be the death of me

That and the bargain alert forum

lol, that boards deals is going to be the death of me

That and the bargain alert forum

since ive discovered both of them theyve been recieving large chunks of my wages each month! the boards deal app I got for my phone probably wasnt a good idea:D

There's an app :eek:

now you've gone and done it

• Advertisement

There's an app :eek:

now you've gone and done it

there is for android anyway!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My employers are very understanding. They know how much I enjoy a bargain. In their infinite wisdom they are helping me with my spending addiction by cutting my wages again. I am in awe at the levels they go to in the care of their employees.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Thats amazing, can I work for said company?

:p

Holy moly, I am on an internship in a club so have lots of meetings and LOTS of late nights out. I am running out of clothes!

OldGoat wrote: »
    My employers are very understanding. They know how much I enjoy a bargain. In their infinite wisdom they are helping me with my spending addiction by cutting my wages again. I am in awe at the levels they go to in the care of their employees.
    There should be more caring employers like them.

It's good that they take such excellent care of their employee's, a company everyone would love to work for.;)

:pac:

I miss going out during the week

I'm out Wednesday to Sunday. So wrecked right now!

Twee. wrote: »
    I'm out Wednesday to Sunday. So wrecked right now!
    As part of you're job?

Thats awesome

As part of you're job?

Thats awesome

Yup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Anyone watching Big Fat Gypsy Weddings? The things the girls do for the wedding dress, even if it weighs over twice their body weight! Think the girl from episode two (the mechanical butterfly dress) was on Alan Carr.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen the show but the dress wit the butterflies and the lights sounds mad. :eek: Wont be using it as inspiration for my own, that's for sure.

How do they even manage to walk in those dresses?

I haven't seen the show but the dress wit the butterflies and the lights sounds mad. :eek: Wont be using it as inspiration for my own, that's for sure.

They're insane! Your one who makes them must be raking it in. And in cash :p

Have you started looking at dresses? So exciting!! With or without mechanical butterflies...

Oh yeah, that's the business to be in, making mad expensive dresses.

Wont be looking for awhile yet but I'm thinking that mechanical butterflies have been done before. I reckon that mechanical pandas that climb up and down the dress are the way to go.

Oh yeah, that's the business to be in, making mad expensive dresses.

Wont be looking for awhile yet but I'm thinking that mechanical butterflies have been done before. I reckon that mechanical pandas that climb up and down the dress are the way to go.

Nothing says weddings like pandas! Look at these cake toppers :pac:

cake-toppers-panda-wedding-cake-toppers-wct113.jpg

^_^

:eek:

I love them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Anyone watching Big Fat Gypsy Weddings? The things the girls do for the wedding dress, even if it weighs over twice their body weight! Think the girl from episode two (the mechanical butterfly dress) was on Alan Carr.

I saw some of that episode. My god. How did they even get it out of the room? How did it not go on fire!? How must it have felt to be 5ft away from all your guests at any given time!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

They don't!! They wade and struggle up the aisle (kind of defeats the purpose of an all out glam dress if you don't look elegant) and change into slippers on the dance floor.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    I saw some of that episode. My god. How did they even get it out of the room? How did it not go on fire!? How must it have felt to be 5ft away from all your guests at any given time!?

How they get out of the house baffles me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

They wear runners or ugg boots under the dress the whole way through!!

all this talk of my big fat gypsy wedding has reminded me I missed it yesterday! gonna go catch up on 4od:D

• Advertisement

all this talk of my big fat gypsy wedding has reminded me I missed it yesterday! gonna go catch up on 4od:D
    I thought you were going to say you want to marry a gypsy :p

Advertisement