Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

ams wrote: »
    Thanks Im gonna check those out now!

I got a quote from minervacraftsandfabricsuk on ebay yest (they have a really good selection) and it would be 8.99 to ship about four metres which I may do. The only thing about it is that its so hard to judge what the fabric will be like from online!

Fabric-dreams will send you three samples of fabric for free and then it's fifty cents a sample there after, I ordered about 6 yesterday to see if they're heavy enough. POstage is a flat rate regardless of weight which rocks, seeing as you can buy by the roll too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Does anyone know if Asos stopped offering student discounts on sale items? I'm trying to get a dress and it won't work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

phasers wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Asos stopped offering student discounts on sale items? I'm trying to get a dress and it won't work!
    I think they have cos when I added sale items to my basket and then logged in to add the discount, it said the item's weren't eligible for the discount, so I tried a non-sale item and it was eligible for the discount.

They also recently changed the student discount form 10% to 20% as far as I know, so that could be why they've stopped the student discount on sale items.

See this post I made here and those UGG's were in the sale which is why I now think the discount couldn't be applied to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

13700601.png

I know, it's not even been a month since I bought my last pair, but these will be mine sooner or later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    I know, it's not even been a month since I bought my last pair, but these will be mine sooner or later :D

They're awesome - I want them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Came across this pic on Asos, is it just me or does the model's head look too big her for her body?

image1xl.jpg

a little bit maybe? or maybe she's just too skinny

WOW! I want this skirt :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Came across this pic on Asos, is it just me or does the model's head look too big her for her body?

image1xl.jpg

yeah the models on the site are meant to be wearing size 8 but she's got to be a 6. The stuff just hangs off her in everything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

VB's face on Vogue was Topshop make up! *runs to buy the skin tint*

vogue%20uk%20feb%202011%20cover%20victoria%20beckham.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Links234 wrote: »
    WOW! I want this skirt :eek:

Me too! Where is it from?
    Twee, VB also has Botox and airbrushing in that picture:pac::pac:

I actually think VB looks really pretty there, normally I think she looks super harsh or something.

Pregnancy glow maybe? :pac:

lindtee wrote: »

www.asos.com

lindtee wrote: »
    Twee, VB also has Botox and airbrushing in that picture:pac::pac:

Ah I know, but I still think it looks good for Topshop make up.

I actually think VB looks really pretty there

It's amazing what you can do with technology these days :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I actually think she's quite good looking. It's a pity she doesn't smile more often.

Twee. wrote: »
    VB's face on Vogue was Topshop make up! *runs to buy the skin tint*

vogue%20uk%20feb%202011%20cover%20victoria%20beckham.jpg

Man she looks about 20 there, who do they think they're kidding like! :D

I actually think she's quite good looking. It's a pity she doesn't smile more often.

Same here. I mean you cant photoshop the ugly out of someone :pac: But it's a nice relaxed picture, no mean face, scraped back hair or dramatic dresses. Simple. She looks great.

Want..

il_fullxfull.214512533.jpg

My mam is off to Edinburgh during the week and has agreed to pick me up some Mac supplies. Price wise, would she be better off buying in the airport or in a shop over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Quick question...I have a dress it's dark grey/navyish....Any ideas what coloured shoes I could wear with it? I'm thinking of going with black tights and shoes. It's got a vivid peachy coloured lace around the chest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was out last night in town and wore a wifebeater under my shirt, I felt so dirty, but warm :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Same here. I mean you cant photoshop the ugly out of someone :pac: But it's a nice relaxed picture, no mean face, scraped back hair or dramatic dresses. Simple. She looks great.

I've read elsewhere the pregnancy has resolved her acne - she has awful skin really - not having to hide behind a mask is maybe helping her relax? I'll be honest I think she's not half as hard as is made out, she's just really insecure and it makes her brittle - I do really really hope she has the little girl she wants. She knows every day she's lucky in her life and her husband and her family and I do believe she's sincere in that. Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm just projecting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

My mam is off to Edinburgh during the week and has agreed to pick me up some Mac supplies. Price wise, would she be better off buying in the airport or in a shop over there?

Standard e/s is £11.50 which by XE is €13.58 but in reality is more like €14. Last time I was in the airport e/s was €13.50 so maybe airport is better. Can't remember if Edi has a MAC counter in the airport but I think it does not. Harvey Nicks has best MAC counter in Edi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Mac is in Edinburgh airport even really early hours btw. I've bought it harvey nicks and airport and I'm not sure theres a price diff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Guyssss...does anyone have an NUS extra number for ASOS? I am a student just not a UK student. Wish we could use our travelcards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sapsorrow wrote: »

Hey!

I need to buy a petticoat for a gunne skirt, but a search on eBay was overwhelming, can you recommend any brands/sellers? I don't want neon pink itchy ones and thats all I seem to find!

Hey!

I need to buy a petticoat for a gunne skirt, but a search on eBay was overwhelming, can you recommend any brands/sellers? I don't want neon pink itchy ones and thats all I seem to find!

Ya no worries what sort of length though? I found a beautiful black vintage one earlier today for about ten sterling but it was quite long.

Mac is in Edinburgh airport even really early hours btw. I've bought it harvey nicks and airport and I'm not sure theres a price diff.

Cool thanks. She can just go wherever is convenient, on her holiday, to get me make up :p She's a good lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Who are you in love with?#

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot
    Username
    OldGoat <3 x 10
    ams <3 x 8
    Twee. <3 x 8
    dudara <3x 5
    Purple_Bobbin <3 x 5
    pikachucheeks <3 x 5
    **Timbuk2** <3 x 4
    Android 666 <3 x 4
    Sapsorrow <3 x 4
    Sibylla <3 x 4
    Dolorous <3 x 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Who are you in love with?#

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

/Blush :o

On the other hand...SCORE!:D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Now for the old reliable yawn and stretch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Very cool Interesting to see Tomissex and Sapsorrow on my top two!

Goaty you popular man ;) !

Username
    Larianne
    fonpokno
    OldGoat
    Nervous Wreck
    banshee_bones
    Khannie
    LadyMayBelle
    Pembily
    whoopsadaisydoodles
    princess-lala
    Moonbaby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

That’s cos I iz gorgeousness personified, generous to a fault, sharp as a tack and modest in the extreme.:cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Aw how do I do it? I predict Fillefatale, Lindtee, Ams and Tommisex straight off though :D

Clicky here!!

Ha ok didn't realise it was across all the forums so my results are a bit N&D biased :pac:

UsernameCompatibility El_Dangerosox10
    metamorphosis x7
    Dolorousx6
    lindteex4
    amsx3
    brianthebardx3
    Khanniex2
    --Kaiser--x2
    Getwellsoonx2
    LadyMayBellex2
    Novellax2

• Advertisement

Twee x 10
    ams x 10
    lindtee x 7
    fonpokno 7
    Hermione* x 5
    OldGoat x 3
    Novella x 3
    moonflower x 3
    Larianne x 3
    AllInOne x 3
    Absurdum x 2

I'm surprised at some of the results! Obviously we're off the charts Sapsorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

:D

Sapsorrow x 10
    BanzaiBk x 6
    metamorphosis x 5
    Pembily x 5
    Twee. x 4
    Getwellsoon x 4
    cherub rock x 3
    WesternNight x 3
    Novella x 3
    Wibbs x 3
    stripysocks85 x 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

:p Sapsorrow getting all the love!

Sapsorrow x10
    ams x10
    Twee. x9
    Sibylla x9
    Lolnouska x7
    Lia_lia x6
    Mollikins x5
    Thecageyone x5
    jpb1974 xx5
    phasers x5
    *eadaoin x4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Sapsorrow is my number one too:pac: Can't seem to copy and paste the rest though!

I was in TK Maxx today and they had loads of the massive bottles of Tigi "Dumb Blonde", in case anyone uses it and wants to stock up.

Also, maybe I was just in a bad mood and everything was annoying me, but I was in Cos at BT2 today and the sales assistant was just traipsing up and back, chewing gum really obviously! Not what I'd personally expect from a premium store, and I probably would have gotten in trouble for something like that when I worked in Topshop! Just an observation anyway.

Oh I hate when people chew gum while they're working! It's so off putting for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Oh I hate when people chew gum while they're working! It's so off putting for some reason.

the worst is when they're texting away on their phone when you go up to the till:mad:

Also, maybe I was just in a bad mood and everything was annoying me, but I was in Cos at BT2 today and the sales assistant was just traipsing up and back, chewing gum really obviously! Not what I'd personally expect from a premium store, and I probably would have gotten in trouble for something like that when I worked in Topshop! Just an observation anyway.

Woah, boss must have been on a break. I was in there at the weekend (in Glasgow) and the girls were really pleasant and professional.

Woah, boss must have been on a break. I was in there at the weekend (in Glasgow) and the girls were really pleasant and professional.

Yeah it didn't even look like she was wearing Cos stock, pretty bad IMO. And it's not a stand alone store, it's a concession in BT2, and Brown Thomas is associated with luxury and all that, so you'd except to see it! I could have been the mystery shopper! Not even a nod of existence, let alone a hello. I think after working in retail you really notice things a lot more than before!

Should have asked for the manager :p

EDIT: the last Cos I was in before Dublin was Berlin and the staff were lovely, well dressed and polite.

Working for so many years in retail means I always hang clothes back perfectly in the changing rooms or if I drop something on the floor. I even straighten shoes on displays.

With regards to service though, its actually made me care less if someone is texting or looks bored or whatever. I've been there a million times and retail is a bloody horrible job. I'm paying for the product, not a smile with it.

I also hate being approached and asked is everything all right. One of the worst jobs in River Island was being stuck at the front of the store and being told to greet everyone. You were always completely ignored or else scared people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Working for so many years in retail means I always hang clothes back perfectly in the changing rooms or if I drop something on the floor. I even straighten shoes on displays.

With regards to service though, its actually made me care less if someone is texting or looks bored or whatever. I've been there a million times and retail is a bloody horrible job. I'm paying for the product, not a smile with it.

I also hate being approached and asked is everything all right. One of the worst jobs in River Island was being stuck at the front of the store and being told to greet everyone. You were always completely ignored or else scared people off.
    Yes, I think most people want to look around in peace. There is nothing worse than being followed around the shop, have often felt sorry for staff having to do this. I have found the staff in Elverys are the worst. It has put me off going in there actually it's almost overbearing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement