Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Twee. wrote: »

Freja-Beha-The-FACE4-e1285106987863.jpg

Love her! <3
    I think a sweepy side fringe would suit anybody :)

Yeah, I can't get a side fringe though. No matter how much I try my hair won't part at the side :( Just stays in the middle. Oh well!

I'm excited now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My aunt has given me the most beautiful ring! It's opal and my birthstone :) Totally in love with it.

opalring.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Oh Twee that's beautiful! I like that kinda jewellery, elegant, not too in-your-face

Oh Twee that's beautiful! I like that kinda jewellery, elegant, not too in-your-face

That's exactly what I love about it too, very simple :) Word got around the other aunties :p "Did you hear Ger gave Twee the opal ring?!?" I think they all had their eye on it! Seven aunts is hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Gorgeous ring Twee, very classic looking.

Thanks to Purple Bobbin, Bobblehead Panda and Pandoras twist for the replies about Asos think I will avoid their own brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sibylla wrote: »
    Gorgeous ring Twee, very classic looking.

Thanks to Purple Bobbin, Bobblehead Panda and Pandoras twist for the replies about Asos think I will avoid their own brand.
    Good idea.

Looking back now, I've only kept one item of ASOS clothing, that was a blue beach dress I got about two years ago for going abroad.

I recently got some jeans from them and they are going back tomorrow, horrible cheap looking things.

The were meant to be cropped jeans, turns out, they are only turned up at the end. They look like they're too short for normal jeans and too long for 3/4 lengths.

These are the jeans. The material has a kinda silver shimmer on it, which I don't like.

Good idea.

Looking back now, I've only kept one item of ASOS clothing, that was a blue beach dress I got about two years ago for going abroad.

I recently got some jeans from them and they are going back tomorrow, horrible cheap looking things.

The were meant to be cropped jeans, turns out, they are only turned up at the end. They look like they're too short for normal jeans and too long for 3/4 lengths.

These are the jeans. The material has a kinda silver shimmer on it, which I don't like.
    That's very misleading they certainly look like 3/4 length jeans, I know you have to take the model's height into account. It sounds like Asos own brand clothing is made of very cheap material just reading the latest purchases thread and I've never seen so many disappointed customers as the people who purchased Asos clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's weird, I buy a ton of Asos Curve stuff and the quality is always great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My ghd has broken :( I have a very unruly fringe without it! :(

I am waiting for my GHD to break. I've had it for nearly 8 years!! And use it a few times a week. Don't know how it's still going!

• Advertisement

This is my second ghd to break. I've had this one for three years. Nothing happened to it, didn't drop it or anything... Just went to turn it on but it was dead! :( Gonna have to buy a new one, even though I could really use the money for other things! Grr!

Can I ask peoples' opinions on this top please? I like it, but I don't know if it'd suit me or if it'd be too grown up for me? I'm 20.:confused:

$(KGrHqV,!lME2EO5unIGBNuBGYMClw~~0_3.JPG

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like it! It seems really versatile, it'd look great with skinny jeans. I only think those type of tops look old with gypsy skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Gorgeous top! I love the style of it. It would never suit me though.

I don't think it looks too old for you. I think it would look lovely on you and you should go for it.

/bad influence :o

:pac:

Novella wrote: »
    This is my second ghd to break. I've had this one for three years. Nothing happened to it, didn't drop it or anything... Just went to turn it on but it was dead! :( Gonna have to buy a new one, even though I could really use the money for other things! Grr!
    I don't know if this is any help to you Novella, but ASOS and SalonSkincare both sell them. Ive bought from both websites (though not GHDs) and never had a problem with either. Salonskincare deliver via courier though so you have to be in to sign for the item when it arrives.

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/index.php/manufacturers_id/161

http://www.asos.com/Women/Beauty/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Ghd/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=1904&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1
    phasers wrote: »
    I like it! It seems really versatile, it'd look great with skinny jeans. I only think those type of tops look old with gypsy skirts.
    Mollikins wrote: »
    Gorgeous top! I love the style of it. It would never suit me though.

I don't think it looks too old for you. I think it would look lovely on you and you should go for it.

/bad good influence :o

:pac:
    FYP Molli.:pac::p

Thanks guys. I think I'll get it, it works out at about £10 including postage, not bad at all. Hope it fits me, it's coming from China, no idea what their sizing is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

PB I think the top is fab. I just turned 21 and its kinda come to my attention that I look a little silly in my purple skinnies and knee high cons sometimes. I still wear them, but there's a time and a place. And now I'm finishing college, I think tops like the one you posted are fabulous. Sorta sophisticated, but you can kinda play around with them. Skinny jeans for day time, shorts and funky tights for the pub, a-line skirt for job/interview. Definitely not too "old" though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

PB the top is really lovely :)

You should see some of the stuff I wear and I'm the grand old age of 26! On holidays a few weeks ago I wore denim shorts, a yellow my little pony t shirt, some flats with flowers on them and rainbow bangles, my mother said I looked about 5, took it as a compliment!!

I really like that top, PB! I'd wear it and I'm 21! :) And thanks for the hair straightener tips! I do wanna buy online. Going out without doing my hair is making me feel half naked! :o

PB I think the top is fab. I just turned 21 and its kinda come to my attention that I look a little silly in my purple skinnies and knee high cons sometimes. I still wear them, but there's a time and a place. And now I'm finishing college, I think tops like the one you posted are fabulous. Sorta sophisticated, but you can kinda play around with them. Skinny jeans for day time, shorts and funky tights for the pub, a-line skirt for job/interview. Definitely not too "old" though :)
    Spadina wrote: »
    PB the top is really lovely :)

You should see some of the stuff I wear and I'm the grand old age of 26! On holidays a few weeks ago I wore denim shorts, a yellow my little pony t shirt, some flats with flowers on them and rainbow bangles, my mother said I looked about 5, took it as a compliment!!
    Novella wrote: »
    I really like that top, PB! I'd wear it and I'm 21! :) And thanks for the hair straightener tips! I do wanna buy online. Going out without doing my hair is making me feel half naked! :o
    I completely understand where your coming from about feeling half naked with the hair not done. I'm the same, but as I don't always have the patience to straighten my hair I just tie it up lol.:o

Thanks guys, I'll get the top and hope it fits. Sure for £10 you can't go wrong, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

There's a load of tops out like that at the moment (miss selfridge, new look, topshop, awear) so I would say pop into one of them and try them on to see if you like how it sits on you. Better off having an idea before ya order.

It's a nice style btw.

• Advertisement

There's a load of tops out like that at the moment (miss selfridge, new look, topshop, awear) so I would say pop into one of them and try them on to see if you like how it sits on you. Better off having an idea before ya order.

It's a nice style btw.
    There's none of those stores near me at all :( Only a New Look, but didn't see anything like it there. My local NL is a small store though.

Would you by any chance have a link to any tops like it? Only I've looked but not found anything:(:o

I saw this but I am not sure about it, I'm not mad about the detail on the sleeves :(

image1xl.jpg

I looked at the one on eBay again, is it 'pulled in' (elasticated?) at the bottom or is it just me? If it's elasticated I won't get it, as elasticated stuff doesn't suit me.:( It just makes me look pregnant:(

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

Loving the weather, being able to wear summer clothes without freezing :)

On another note, Great to see so much discussion in f&a lately, Very good for the forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm getting my hair done on Saturday. It cannot come quick enough. I feel rotten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Haven't had mine highlighted since December, and just do not have the money to get it done! Thankfully I'm going away in 3 weeks so the sun'll bleach my roots for free \o/

My hair was deep pink before I went on holiday, swimming in salt water, washing it every day and the sun means it is now coppery gingery brown, nice! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I've only just finished icing my Will & Kate fairy cakes for my friends party tomorrow.

286743856.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304038003&Signature=rx4DppQ1FTlus%2FWcmo98qEX9JOY%3D

That's purple glitter in case you're wondering (regal purple!), they're sloppier than I usually would make them but it was midnight and I've had an exhausting week. Can't wait to eat them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

On the subject of hair, would anyone know if it's better to wait until after a sun holiday to get my hair trimmed? I was about to book an appointment until I realised the sun/chlorine damage might ruin the effects of maintenance! Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

PB - Warehouse have a very similar top
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/pleat-front-blouson-top/Jersey-Tops/warehouse/fcp-product/304275

I tried it on and was tempted... still might get it. However, I am old, so that might put you off!

jokettle, I prefer to get mine cut before hols for a number of reasons - it's easier and faster to wash and style when in good shape, and when it's bad I feel sun can exacerbate damage so it spreads more? Does that make sense? I'm not sure!

Think I'm gonna invest in a nice fancy dress, considering either this

Halston Heritage

103099_in_l.jpg

Halston Heritage again

114828_in_l.jpg

orrrrrr Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti

103304_fr_l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

First or second..beautiful. Not mad on the third one..

First or second..beautiful. Not mad on the third one..
    Yes the second is gorgeous very elegant!

I looooove the second dress, so gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

love the first two! :)

Yeah, the more I look at the third, the less I like it. I was leaning towards the second one actually, but there's something about the first.. hmm!

Anyone here know what Kurt Geiger shoe sizing is like? For a similar pair of shoes to these

1980300999-1-carvela-active-black-courts-platform.jpg

• Advertisement

I found them quite narrow when I've tried them on if that helps

They certainly are intimidating shoes. I likes!

edit: Stray Cat you look deadly, your hair is different too I think - Looks awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

@Pandoras Twist thanks :)
    Yea my hair used to be really long and black I grew tired of it.

I absolutely love your hair too, Stray_Cat! Looks so good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can I remind posters that this is the off-topic thread. You can talk about things other than fashion and appearance in here. If you're looking for advice about something to do with fashion or appearance then you should start a thread. We have a nice little community in the forum and a proper off-topic thread would add greatly to that. :)

I was in A wear today and their sizing is terible, The 8's are about a 14 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but the last time I was in my local Kilkenny Shop (Killarney) they had 30% off their range of Irregular Choice shoes and they had a decent range, I'm sorry I don't know if the sale's still running but it may be worth having a look there!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

I was in A wear today and their sizing is terible, The 8's are about a 14
    Glad it's not just me then! I actually can't shop in there anymore, i stopped the day i put on a size 8 dress and it was massive on me (i'm a 12 with D/DD boobs for the love of god!)

They seem to have become a plus size shop :(

fghijkl wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me then! I actually can't shop in there anymore, i stopped the day i put on a size 8 dress and it was massive on me (i'm a 12 with D/DD boobs for the love of god!)

They seem to have become a plus size shop :(
    I ordered a dress from them online and I know it will be too big, Not a regular shopper there so was very disappointed they should advertise as plus size as there is no way the sizing is correct.

Yup, stupid a-wear. Sometimes I can't even get a 6 to fit me there. It's so bloody annoying.

I ordered a cardigan recently from Awear in a medium knowing it'd be nice and big one me, I was right! I'm a 10 there and a feckin 14 in most other shops (hate to even type that, I was a 12 for years :(), wonder why they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oddly enough, I'm the same size 12 there as I am in most other places - maybe the DoomBoobs help! :eek:

My main issue with them is the length of their jeans. Normally a short leg is perfect on me, but at 5'6" I'm not that short!

DoomBoobs. I'm stealing that one!

This cardigan is so cute <3

Teddy cardigan

img_0006_1_2.jpg

Major wardrobe clean out! I feel so refreshed! God I threw out some amount of clothes. My mam's frind has two teenage daughters so a big bag of stuff is on the way to them now. I am clearing out so I will leave a clean room for when I go to New York :D Three and half weeks away, so freakin' excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's amazing how great it feels to get rid of old clothes. I did the same as you recently. Got rid of ten bags of clothes between myself and my fiancé. Mainly his clothes, and lots of stuff that he bought in NY last year. :eek:

That's exciting that you're going to New York. You'll have a blast restocking your wardrobe. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement