Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Having a bit of a hair dilemma.

Don't know whether to keep my hair short and platinum blonde or go back to my natural colour and let it grow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

OldGoat: I'm almost certain I saw you on the D.A.R.T. on the way home earlier today. If not, then someone is your facial hair double!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Don't know whether to keep my hair short and platinum blonde or go back to my natural colour and let it grow.

I think there's something impending Autumn that makes people want to change their hair! It's pretty much all I've been thinking of all week :pac:

What's your natural colour? I'd let the hair grow if I were you, it's so versatile! I've had really long hair for about two years now and I just love that I can scoop it all up off my face, or have it really long. Sometimes I do it in a low messy bun and it looks like I have short hair. Best of both worlds!

In saying that, I feel I need a change from long, and thinking of going short. Let's swap hair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I was going to give the same advice as Twee! Keep it long, I used to have short hair and have been growing it out for 6 years now. The versitility is worth it!

But, I did get a change and got my hair dyed today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Saw heathersissy's shoes from What Did You Wear Today in Penneys today, or ones really like them, fab!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Sugar Free wrote: »
    OldGoat: I'm almost certain I saw you on the D.A.R.T. on the way home earlier today. If not, then someone is your facial hair double!

He's a hard man to miss! More than likely was him! The first time I met him I knew it was him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

this is pretty cool, and may be of some interest to some peeps here:

EMG3e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Could very well have done so.
    Think fat oulfella, sweaty and uncomfortable, head stuck in a book. Being a workday I'll have been doing my best Jeremy Clarkson style of dress - a navy blazer combined with jeans and hiking boots. Not my best look I have to say. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Twee. wrote: »
    I think there's something impending Autumn that makes people want to change their hair! It's pretty much all I've been thinking of all week :pac:

What's your natural colour? I'd let the hair grow if I were you, it's so versatile! I've had really long hair for about two years now and I just love that I can scoop it all up off my face, or have it really long. Sometimes I do it in a low messy bun and it looks like I have short hair. Best of both worlds!

In saying that, I feel I need a change from long, and thinking of going short. Let's swap hair :D

It's kinda a strawberry blonde colour. I'm not really sure anymore, it's been so long since I've been dying it!

I'm gonna head to the hairdressers today and see if they'll be able to colour the rest of my hair to match my roots. Hopefully they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

New post in "What I wore today" thread. :D
    It's a mod warning. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

OldGoat wrote: »
    Could very well have done so.
    Think fat oulfella, sweaty and uncomfortable, head stuck in a book. Being a workday I'll have been doing my best Jeremy Clarkson style of dress - a navy blazer combined with jeans and hiking boots. Not my best look I have to say. :o

Well I'm no different. It's uncomfortably warm in my office so my standard work attire recently is a poloshirt and chinos. I was wearing a pale orange polo, beige chinos and tan/brown shoes on the train in question, just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Heathersissy I honestly thought your picture in the WDYWT Glenda Gilson :eek:

Speaking of hair changes, I'm going from dark brown to platinum blonde tomorrow! I think there's something in the air.

I'm kind of scared now, but I'm so fed up of my hair and I've been talking about this forever. Plus, it will make my stupid grey roots less noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I have gone from brown to blond to red to black and back agian and I just think its the best feeling to change drastically, you don't get that feeling from just a cut or clothes.

Unfortunatley, I develped a serious allergy to hair colour, so have been stuck witht brown hair for the last five years.

Anyone who is thinking of doing a proper change...please do it, if it doesn't work its fairly easy to change/fix and sure you'll have plenty of years to stick with the final colour in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Links234 wrote: »
    this is pretty cool

I love the idea of this. I have a sewing machine and am often embellishing cheap tshirts, must give this a go next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm doing my hair just like that next week! :pac:
    Well it's already short but need to get style cut back into it. and blonde waayy!

gotta say, fair play to heathersissy for posting in the what are you wearing thread ;)
    I love the idea of this. I have a sewing machine and am often embellishing cheap tshirts, must give this a go next time!

I found the pic on reddit (where else? :p ) and the general idea came from this site: http://www.generation-t.com/category/t-shirt-projects/

it's a seriously cool site and should be a great interest to those who are good at reworking old clothes and things. ;) probably something I should do, considering I have dozens of old T-shirts that I could mess around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Any advice for a fella who's trying to grow his hair a bit long - not down to my shoulders or anything, more of a mullet.

It always gets to a stage where it's very hard to style...I end up giving up and cutting it.

Any tips on styles/gels worth trying to get through the awkward stage would be appreciated

PaulieC wrote: »
    Any tips on styles/gels worth trying to get through the awkward stage would be appreciated

if it's just to keep it out of your eyes, dax short & neat works really well, and try a side parting. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Links234 wrote: »
    if it's just to keep it out of your eyes, dax short & neat works really well, and try a side parting. :)
    Got it cleaned up for a wedding I have to go to this week.

It's still very short - nowhere near going in my eyes but a bit too long to spike and not used to doing anything else.

Basically just got it thinned out and cleaned up around the sideburns etc and I'm sweeping it over to one side liek you mentioned

Very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

lindtee wrote: »
    Saw these in some magazine during the week. They are from forever 21. Just went to see if I could buy them and they are out of stock on the site:( Did a google search and they sold out really quickly and are now a much sought after item, selling for 3 times the price on ebay and the like. Has anyone seen similar ones any where? Very sad I am:( Edit - It looks like they've been on sale since Jan so no surprise they are sold out

What about these ones from Korkys? €39.99

16788m1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks Denisejcc, will keep those in mind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

No probs, youre welcome, I love both of them, too high for me though I'd be like a giant! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got a proper bra fitting done a couple of days ago. I've bought 6 new bras since then. :eek:

(Debenhams sale FTW, got a nice Freya one for €12 :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I think I am in love:

5095002020_2_1_3.jpg?timestamp=13065081458195095002020_2_3_3.jpg?timestamp=1306508145819

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

They look incredibly comfortable.. *drool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I have a white blazer that I just noticed has "no dry-cleaning" AND "no washing" symbols :(

s_dc_donot.jpgs_w_donot.jpg

It's not really dirty or anything, but I just want to freshen it up a bit. Do you think it would be safe to hand-wash?

Malari wrote: »
    I have a white blazer that I just noticed has "no dry-cleaning" AND "no washing" symbols :(

It's not really dirty or anything, but I just want to freshen it up a bit. Do you think it would be safe to hand-wash?

Hand wash it with a little bit of baby shampoo or stick it in the washing machine if yours has a hand wash cycle.
    Then shape it and lay it flat to dry.

It should be fine :)

Hand wash it with a little bit of baby shampoo or stick it in the washing machine if yours has a hand wash cycle.
    Then shape it and lay it flat to dry.

It should be fine :)

Thanks, I will try that. I can't see anything going wrong :pac: It's white, so no colours to run or anything! I've just never seen that on an item of clothing before - don't clean....no way, no how!

Thanks, I will try that. I can't see anything going wrong :pac: It's white, so no colours to run or anything! I've just never seen that on an item of clothing before - don't clean....no way, no how!

Yeah I have a cashmere sweater that has those don't clean labels on it but I just stick it in the machine on hand wash cycle and it's always been fine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm wearing a blue and green dress with pink heels to my godson's christening on Saturday, it looks fab, the colour blocking works really well with the style and colours...

Wore this on Saturday, did pink nails, a gorgeous statement ring with blue green pink and purple glass, metallic blue bracelet and a blue/green feather headband, got a load of compliments on it, including my 17 year old cousin who said "LOVE the colour blocking, well done" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Like the others said. With my vintage dresses I turn them inside out, put them in a pillowcase - put them on the gentlest setting on the machine. I've had no problems yet.

Yeah I have a cashmere sweater that has those don't clean labels on it but I just stick it in the machine on hand wash cycle and it's always been fine. :)

I had the same labels on an A&F top and it turned into this:
    29255_1441568394821_1101406668_31268075_4891829_n.jpg

Waaah my amazing snakeskin maxi from Zara has a huge tear on one of the seams! You'd barely notice because of the way the fabric hangs, but just had a look at it there and yup a big tear! The store only had a few of them last week, I hope there's one in my size left :( If not I'm just gonna keep it and get it fixed myself. I wonder if they'll reimburse me for the alteration fee if I get it done while I'm still here...? Hmm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I'm having the exact same dilemma. I've had short, platinum blonde hair since January (except for a few weeks when it was blue), but I want a change for Autumn.

I hate deciding on new hairstyles!

I had the same labels on an A&F top and it turned into this:
    29255_1441568394821_1101406668_31268075_4891829_n.jpg

Cripes! Well, my blazer was fine in the "delicates" wash (phew :o) but I think I will be carefully and personally handwashing anything else fragile after seeing this picture! :eek:

What do they expect, one wear and throw it out?!

• Advertisement

moonflower wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same dilemma. I've had short, platinum blonde hair since January (except for a few weeks when it was blue), but I want a change for Autumn.

I hate deciding on new hairstyles!

Ha, i dyed mine blue as well. (It was suppose to be purple but got the wrong colour).

I had a consultation in the hair dressers and she said that she could match it up but she'd like me to have a bit more regrowth so it would be easier for her.

After I dyed it blue i dyed it back platinum and that was a disaster. Hair was terribly damaged so had to get it short short.

I hate it now. The way it's growing out it's got no shape what so ever.
    Cripes! Well, my blazer was fine in the "delicates" wash (phew :o) but I think I will be carefully and personally handwashing anything else fragile after seeing this picture! :eek:

What do they expect, one wear and throw it out?!

I was digusted. I loved that top :(

I had the same labels on an A&F top and it turned into this

oh god! :eek:

My ex washed a mohair sweater of mine in a hot wash. When it came out it would have just about fitted the cat :(

oh god! :eek:

My ex washed a mohair sweater of mine in a hot wash. When it came out it would have just about fitted the cat :(

I always tell my friends who borrow my clothes not to wash them, no bother, I'll do it. They think I'm being nice :p Really it's because I'm afraid they won't wash them right :pac:

Went back to Zara and got the last dress in my size. Success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

171188.jpg

this is definitely off topic but went a bit mad last night from boredom while filling a bag for oxfam and ended up photographing my entire wardrobe (minus jeans and a few bags) from the last five years. the good, the tatty and the regretted are all here full size if anyone wants a gander. i couldn't believe how many clothes i have, felt quite guilty :o on the other hand, going to go into town later so can't say i've exactly reformed overnight...

p.s. please pardon the lack of ironing but i never bother til the day i plan on wearing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love it!

How handy would it be to have all your clothes photographed like that? It would be so easy to put outfits together!

I always wanted to be like Cher in Clueless with her whole wardrobe on her computer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I always wanted to be like Cher in Clueless with her whole wardrobe on her computer. :D
    Me, too! :D
    I'd need a lot of storage, though :o:pac:

tiredcity, that is one very cool pic!

Anybody see any nice pencil skirts around? I tried on the only one I found in TopShop and the length was closer to the ankles than the knees :rolleyes:

Anybody see any nice pencil skirts around? I tried on the only one I found in TopShop and the length was closer to the ankles than the knees :rolleyes:

If you are near Kildare Village I got a gorgeous black pencil skirt in the DKNY shop for €60.

If you are near Kildare Village I got a gorgeous black pencil skirt in the DKNY shop for €60.

Sounds like what I'm after! Black, classic. I'm in Cork, unfortunately. :o

D'oh!

I can't find a pic of mine online but this is the style number B311642W if you know anywhere in Cork that stocks DKNYC? :o

D'oh!

I can't find a pic of mine online but this is the style number B311642W if you know anywhere in Cork that stocks DKNYC? :o

Thanks, I'll have a closer look in BT!

A girl can dream! What a film :D Think I may watch it tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

^^^well you know the way they say couples tend to start looking like each other, maybe her face is trying to catch up with his age!!:D

I've seen her in other pictures looking alot older so I think its just her make up maybe. In one I think the crinkles around the eyes when smiling looked alot deeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I got two gorgeous ones in Zara a few weeks ago, the same in black and burgundy from their Basic range. Great length and a lot of comfortable flattering stretch!

Edit: think they were only £25 each too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement