Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Love Anne Hathaways look in The Dark Knight rises, wasn't sure about her for the role of Catwoman but she looks amazing. Very Audrey Hepburn.

article-2034954-0DC2F0CB00000578-914_634x735.jpg

article-2034954-0DC3076B00000578-1000_306x662.jpg

article-2034954-0DC4199600000578-434_634x1224.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Wore my pretty red dress with these shoes last night for a work event and got heaps of compliments :)

schuh-red-or-dead-polka-dot-block-heels.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous lovely combo! Everytime I wear these shoes girls just stare at them open mouthed, and boys ask to see the heel, all resulting in this face :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

sam-edelman-renzo.jpg

I NEED TO HAVE THESE. I am OBSESSED with shoes and boots that have studs on 'em. I don't know if I can justify the price tag though - almost 300 euro - 'cause they're not flats so I wouldn't be wearing them everyday... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Novella wrote: »
    I NEED TO HAVE THESE. I am OBSESSED with shoes and boots that have studs on 'em. I don't know if I can justify the price tag though - almost 300 euro - 'cause they're not flats so I wouldn't be wearing them everyday... :/

They are fabulous! €300 isn't a lot if you consider you will have them for years, they are the kind of shoes that will go with loads of outfits so you'll get loads of wear out of them and they are gorgeous!

Yes, I can pretty much justify any purchase :D

They are fabulous! €300 isn't a lot if you consider you will have them for years, they are the kind of shoes that will go with loads of outfits so you'll get loads of wear out of them and they are gorgeous!

Yes, I can pretty much justify any purchase :D

That's what I was thinking! I mean, they could be worn with jeans or with something dressier and I think they'd make a simple outfit have a little bit of 'wow'! Plus I adore them and I'm pretty certain they are the key to my eternal happiness! :pac:

That's what I was thinking! I mean, they could be worn with jeans or with something dressier and I think they'd make a simple outfit have a little bit of 'wow'! Plus I adore them and I'm pretty certain they are the key to my eternal happiness! :pac:
    Those boots are gorgeous Novella, Especially with Autumn/Winter they will look good with almost anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Where are those boots from Novella? I love them!

Semele wrote: »
    Where are those boots from Novella? I love them!

They are by the designer Sam Edelman. They are selling for 275 euro on Asos at the moment, although stock is really low! (Only a size 8 left in the colour I posted, but they are also in black.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

sam-edelman-renzo.jpg

You could so do them yourself for a third of the price at very most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I adore Sam Edelman shoes. I swoon every time I see them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So what if they are €300, they're superb- stylish and sexy. You'll look and feel great every time you head out in them.

Bored off my trolley trying to get to sleep so I decided to start looking for an outfit for my friend for her birthday as a prezzie (thinking tan-ish blazer with black jumpsuit) but instead got mezmorised by a dress and went on from there. :P

6142727616_b0b63734b7_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Resi12 wrote: »
    Bored off my trolley trying to get to sleep so I decided to start looking for an outfit for my friend for her birthday as a prezzie (thinking tan-ish blazer with black jumpsuit) but instead got mezmorised by a dress and went on from there. :P

Where's that dress from?

Where's that dress from?

H&M, only €50. It's really nice isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Went for gawk around the shops in Cork today..bad idea! So many things I want. I have decided that once my tips reach €300 I will treat myself to a few new bits and pieces. Shame I'm only working weekends now :/

I LOVE the skinny jeans FCUK have in at the moment. They fit like a glove.

Is anyone really impressed with New York fashion week? It finally looks there are some classic trends that can be easily emulated on the high street.
    These are from the Oscar de la renta show!

article-0-0DE0B69F00000578-948_306x680.jpg

article-2037311-0DE18A8900000578-266_196x589.jpg

article-0-0DE0B5D500000578-405_634x618.jpg

Sibylla wrote: »
    Is anyone really impressed with New York fashion week? It finally looks there are some classic trends that can be easily emulated on the high street.
    These are from the Oscar de la renta show!

Too bad Uncle Oscar's clothes run into the thousands, I love love LOVE that blue dress! Hopefully we will see something similar in the high streets. Personally I would love to see some longer dresses out there. They can be so timeless and elegant, almost the kind of dress you could wear at any stage of life.

As for the second outfit - I have a couple of those almost Chanel-esque boxy jacket and skirt outfits, so this is something I could see myself wearing (okay a high street duplicate of) I love the colours too, beautiful for SS12. This is something the good shops should easily be able to replicate.

The last dress I'm not overly fond of. It's a beautiful colour but it's hard to tell from the photo what it's actually like. I would like to see another shot of the shoes though, they look fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sam-edelman-renzo.jpg

Christ they're dangerous looking!:D But different:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Popped into Westfield in London (the new one, the biggest shopping centre in 'urban' Europe, as it is tagged). It is literally 13 mins from my door, to the door of the centre. Gutting as I am skint, as usual. Only lasted about 30 minutes there today as it was torture; they have shop going (bar Urban Outfitters) and I only properly looked in Primark; the stuff is FAB. Teal mini's, gorgeous shades of all colours...

Bold Westfield, go away, please!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Popped into Westfield in London (the new one, the biggest shopping centre in 'urban' Europe, as it is tagged). It is literally 13 mins from my door, to the door of the centre. Gutting as I am skint, as usual. Only lasted about 30 minutes there today as it was torture; they have shop going (bar Urban Outfitters) and I only properly looked in Primark; the stuff is FAB. Teal mini's, gorgeous shades of all colours...

Bold Westfield, go away, please!!!!

I visited the other one when I was in London in January and I loved it! I didn't have enough time in it at all!

tomissex wrote: »
    I visited the other one when I was in London in January and I loved it! I didn't have enough time in it at all!

Yeah, it's pretty much the same, but is a bit bigger and has an American feel to it or something..reminded me of one in San Fran..so, so many shops tho. Will get insanely busy come Christmas, and is only 20 mins form the city centre so will be a better option than Oxford St as everything is right under one roof. Think I'll do my shopping online this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Any one bought from the Beauty Emporium before?

I'd like this cause the price looks good but not really willing to risk €40 if it's a no go

http://www.beautyemporium.ie/product_p/sb109.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I'd like this cause the price looks good but not really willing to risk €40 if it's a no go

I bought some bits from them, Sleek products - delivery very quick, everything was fine, couple of nice freebie little samples included in the package too.

^ That's crazy, I was just looking at that website today but I was too scared to order 'cause I saw MAC on it and I read on here somewhere that you can't buy authentic MAC from anywhere other than their own website etc. So I figured the products were fake. I actually wanted to buy some of those Sleek eye shadow palettes just to see what they're like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

^ That's crazy, I was just looking at that website today but I was too scared to order 'cause I saw MAC on it and I read on here somewhere that you can't buy authentic MAC from anywhere other than their own website etc. So I figured the products were fake. I actually wanted to buy some of those Sleek eye shadow palettes just to see what they're like.

I think the MAC is overstock but I'm not certain.

I haven't bought any of the Sleek eye palettes, but had a poke at them in Superdrug; good pigmentation. I just prefer singles.

The Pout Polish stuff is really great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I purchased this from them http://www.beautyemporium.ie/product_p/el100.htm

And when I visited my sister in the U.K I got her to have a look at it (she's a make-up artist) and she said she was 100% it is real. She said it is exactly like any Esteé Lauder eye shadows she has used.

Fragrance Direct UK sell M.A.C Cosmetics, I purchased three things from them, my sister looked at two of those things (eyeliners, Smoulder and Teddy) and said they are genuine.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/m/mac/icat/mac/&temp=productlistguidednav&layout=search

I just figured at 8 euro for a palette, it wouldn't really break the bank! I'll give it a try! :) Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

So I was at the hairdressers saturday waiting for my highlights to set, flicking through some trashy mags when suddenly my eyes flicker to the fashion section of one mag. And I see this skirt. Pretty much full length, or midi worn high-waisted. Creamy pink in colour and very girly.

And then Sunday, I spot it in H and M. I can't afford it, but bam! I've got me a ridiculously impractical, but oh-so-chic skirt that everyone I know will ask 'what did you buy that yoke for?'. And I <3 it. Must take some pics tomorrow to post on here, at least maybe some of you guys/gals will appreciate my skirt-gasm ;)

@ Hermione. The H&M dresses are just beautiful. Saw Pippa Middleton has them too

090611-pippa-lead-440.jpg

pippa-middleton-lace-dress.jpg

• Advertisement

Boots in Liffey Valley has had a wee make over. I was in there today and I wanted to buy so many things! I was having a look at the Stila make up and some of it seems really lovely, and as for those Philosophy shower gels, I must have them, all of them!

I LOVE this coat http://www.warehouse.co.uk/stripe-faux-fur-coat/Coats-&-Jackets/warehouse/fcp-product/305496

Tried it on yesterday and it's so cosy. Just bought an expensive pair of jeans so gonna wait until my tips have built up a bit again and then buy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Sibylla wrote: »
    @ Hermione. The H&M dresses are just beautiful. Saw Pippa Middleton has them too

[/IMG]
    Thank you! I'm really happy I found them. Such a great price too, only €30, and cotton, not polyester!
    I think Pippa's worn them to work, from the looks of the pictures. IMO, they are Saturday night dresses, not work dresses! They're super short. Haven't had a chance to wear them out yet, but am looking forward to getting to wear them :D

Hermione* wrote: »
    Thank you! I'm really happy I found them. Such a great price too, only €30, and cotton, not polyester!
    I think Pippa's worn them to work, from the looks of the pictures. IMO, they are Saturday night dresses, not work dresses! They're super short. Haven't had a chance to wear them out yet, but am looking forward to getting to wear them :D

Those dresses are gorgeous. I wonder how tall Pippa is? I find most dresses too short for me but would love these...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Those dresses are gorgeous. I wonder how tall Pippa is? I find most dresses too short for me but would love these...
    I reckon she's about 5' 6"? I'm just over 5' 8" so they are quite short for me :D But I'll wear them with 100 denier tights and flat shoes, so I think I'll get away with it. The long sleeves also help counteract the shortness imo.

They still have those dresses in H&M, if you're interested. I saw them in the Henry St branch last night.

Hermione* wrote: »
    I reckon she's about 5' 6"? I'm just over 5' 8" so they are quite short for me :D But I'll wear them with 100 denier tights and flat shoes, so I think I'll get away with it. The long sleeves also help counteract the shortness imo.

They still have those dresses in H&M, if you're interested. I saw them in the Henry St branch last night.

Thank you!

I'm 5'7" so maybe I'll get away with it too! :D They are lovely dresses and I've been on the look out for a lacy dress for a while.

Thank you!

I'm 5'7" so maybe I'll get away with it too! :D They are lovely dresses and I've been on the look out for a lacy dress for a while.

Little update:

Got the black lace one in H&M Blanchardstown. They had the cream one too but not in my size. They also had tops in the same material but in navy.

Anyway, the dress fits okay. I'm a 12 and got the medium. It's a little big around the waist but I reckon the small would be too tight and short. I think i will try a thin belt with it to cinch it a little. The length is good for me, hits a couple of inches above the knee so I could wear flats or heels without showing too much. All in all I'm happy with it. :)

I ordered from elf last Sunday, as in not yesterday, the one before that and just today I got the, "Your order has been dispatched..." e-mail and it says it'll be another 7-14 days. Ahhhh, so long!

I ordered from elf last Sunday, as in not yesterday, the one before that and just today I got the, "Your order has been dispatched..." e-mail and it says it'll be another 7-14 days. Ahhhh, so long!

I ordered stuff then too and so far all I've gotten is the "we are snowed under with orders but will send your stuff as soon as we can" email. :(

I ordered stuff then too and so far all I've gotten is the "we are snowed under with orders but will send your stuff as soon as we can" email. :(

It sucks! I really want my brushes to be here now! :pac:

• Advertisement

Snap! Rather annoyed! I know it was 50% off and all but even still it's ridiculous to have to wait this long for it even to be dispatched.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For the Hello Kitty fans! I think I'm going to get a metre of my favourite and make a cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

So cute! My little hello kitty keds ripped the heels of my feet...but I forgive them...they probably need to be broken in.

Currently lusting over these

Doc Martin Triumph

31212_350_A.jpg

I got the dispatch email today Novella, did you get one?

I got the dispatch email today Novella, did you get one?

Yup, I got that yesterday! I hope it doesn't take too long for our stuff to arrive now!

Just watched Gok Wan's how there..I'm in love with the man all over again!! Some great ideas (watch him make a waspie!). I wish someone would Gok Wan me!

There are some gorgeous clothes in Warehouse at the moment. I want everything. Winter clothes are always my favourite!

Back to blonde :) Gave my hair a dose of the Colour B4 stuff after a years absence..last time it went ginger, and i was kinda hoping it would do the same this time, but instead it went blonde..my natural I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Novella! I love you top in your wdywt post!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyone having trouble getting onto www.asos.com? It's very slow for me tonight :(

Advertisement