Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Does anyone know where I could find a pair of womens wellies in this colour purple please? For a lot less than €100 though.

Amazon have these for £18.74 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lunar-Womens-Wellington-Metallic-ELG001/dp/B004CFBORW/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1320400155&sr=1-1 They are a metallic purple though but all but one review are good. They have a good selection of wellies in other colours if it doesn't have to be purple. . Also worth checking out Penneys/Dunnes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got a great pair of Regatta wellies in Millets in Blanch last year. They are comfortable and sturdy and I got them in a nice dark powder blue colour if that makes sense. They were only €40. Anywhere that sells outdoors or sailing stuff should have Regatta.

Like this but they're blue:

regatta-womens-classic-country-wellingtons-prod.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So I'm devastated.

I just re-read my email order from American Apparel and my dress won't be here for another 3 weeks. Was hoping to wear it this Saturday.

Don't really have much else I can wear :(

What does everyone think of this?
    xng7k1.jpg

29dzllc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I think that dress is fab SB, I don't think I'd get it for myself as I'd be afraid its the kinda fabric that shows every lump and bump, but I'd definitely watch another girl wear it and envy them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm a total beehive lover, and have been having success with those bump its on the rare occasion I actually dress up and go out! BUT I stumbled across this gorgeous blog last week and thought the bloggers way of doing a beehive is just gas! Here's the link...loofahs at the ready!!

http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/07/how-to-style-a-beehive.html

6a00d8358081ff69e201538ff94d7b970b-500wi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Love it Lady May Belle, Can never get my hair to look in place when I wear it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Has anyone seen any black lace blazers around the place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yep LadyMayBelle, that's how my friend told me to do a beehive for my Amy Winehouse costume for Halloween!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any black lace blazers around the place??

H & M have them! I was perving at them last weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

God I am so glad I am broke at the moment...I just saw the post about the shop Tabio in latest purchases, I'm a nutcase for all things socks and legwarmers so if I had any money it would be gone by now on that site.

Have to say I dont like the profile of that beehive, it looks grand to the front but I think really weird from the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

vicholt%20signing%204.preview.jpg

If I'm not mistaken Penneys have a blazer something along the lines of this. It was in one of their windows on Mary/Jervis/Parnell Street up until recently. I had a quick look there today but didn't see it. Does anyone know if they still have it and if so how much is it?

Also is there anywhere else in town that would do a better quality blazer? Preferably something that has the elbow patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

twee ,how did you do your hair in the what i wore today thread for the launch you went to? it looks amazing!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

musical.x wrote: »
    twee ,how did you do your hair in the what i wore today thread for the launch you went to? it looks amazing!!!!

Thanks!! I use Toni and Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray on damp hair, let it dry naturally a bit then finish it off with hair drier and some hairspray for volume. Then just comb down the top to smooth and pinned it over to one side.

I'd recommend salt spray for anyone with wavy or curly hair, tis brilliant!

I think I remember seeing that type of blazer on Gok Wan (the Primark/Penneys version) and thought it was gorgeous, but haven't seen it anywhere yet here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Apologies, but as I'm pretty clueless when it comes to fashion and all I was wondering if this is a nice ensemble AND if it's okay to wear to work in a semi-casual environment.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75551440&postcount=239

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Need help please :D

Looking for a gold sequin short skirt - has anyone seen any around?

Hi, There are gold sequin skirts here.

http://www.asos.com/search/gold-sequin-skirt?hrd=1&q=gold+sequin+skirt

Just entered the fabulous world of MAC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

Can you post bikini pics in the "What did you wear today" thread?

Can you post bikini pics in the "What did you wear today" thread?

Let me get back to you on that one!

Twee. wrote: »
    Let me get back to you on that one!

Cool, well if it helps, there's nothing racy about the photo! :)

• Advertisement

If I'm not mistaken Penneys have a blazer something along the lines of this. It was in one of their windows on Mary/Jervis/Parnell Street up until recently. I had a quick look there today but didn't see it. Does anyone know if they still have it and if so how much is it?

Also is there anywhere else in town that would do a better quality blazer? Preferably something that has the elbow patches.

large]

http://www.hm.com/ie/product/94548?article=94548-A

So there is one in H&M for just under €30. It's not bad but a little shorter would be nicer. Hmmn now, to get this one or hold out for something shorter?

So there is one in H&M for just under €30. It's not bad but a little shorter would be nicer. Hmmn now, to get this one or hold out for something shorter?

Any more word on your boots?

Any more word on your boots?

Haven't heard a peep and still nothing seems to have been taken from my card.

Dear Liam,

Thank you for your email.

When checking your account, I can advise that your order has been cancelled as this item was unfortunately out of stock in our warehouse.

We only ship items out with the mainland UK from our warehouse and not from our stores. We are currently working on trying to make store stock not visible to international customers in the future.

On behalf of OFFICE I apologise for any inconvenience caused, your order has been cancelled and you have not been charged.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Blah Blah
    Customer Help
    Mail Order Team
    Office

Damn.

Kintaro this Zara one is shorter, I saw in in store it's much nicer in reality.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/ie/en/zara-I2011/122007/605005/CHECKED%2BCARDIGAN%2BWITH%2BELBOW%2BPATCHES

This Oasis one is lovely too.

http://www.oasis-stores.com/Check-Cropped-Jacket/Jackets/oasis/fcp-product/3470075600

Also keep an eye on Modcloth, they often have similar jackets.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/blazers-vests

Checked blazers seem to be popular at the moment, I think if you had a good look around town you would definitely find something. :)

Sibylla wrote: »
    Kintaro this Zara one is shorter, I saw in in store it's much nicer in reality.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/ie/en/zara-I2011/122007/605005/CHECKED%2BCARDIGAN%2BWITH%2BELBOW%2BPATCHES

This Oasis one is lovely too.

http://www.oasis-stores.com/Check-Cropped-Jacket/Jackets/oasis/fcp-product/3470075600

Also keep an eye on Modcloth, they often have similar jackets.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/blazers-vests

Checked blazers seem to be popular at the moment, I think if you had a good look around town you would definitely find something. :)

Many thanks Sibylla. The one from Oasis looks fantastic. It looks to be a much better fit than the H&M item. I know I could look around town but to be frank I'd feel somewhat uncomfortable as a man browsing the ladies isles for items for my other half. And before anyone suggests it, no she wouldn't go shopping with me, even though it's for her. She's happy to receive the items but doesn't like the looking around. :(

Damn.

Blah Blah, what an unfortunate name. :P

Well, my friend in the UK tried to order for me, and her order was cancelled too.

They're useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Twee, love your going-for-a-walk-with-the-dog look! You should be in a spread in Country & Garden magazine!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Twee, love your going-for-a-walk-with-the-dog look! You should be in a spread in Country & Garden magazine!

Haha thank you! Love getting dressed up for the occasion, major or minor!

Kintaro I must admit like your OH, I prefer shopping online, Who would have thought browsing shops would ever become boring for women:)
    If it's any help anything I've bought from Oasis has been great, never had a problem and the jacket looks stunning. Would look amazing with skinny jeans and boots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Does anybody know where to get those sheer maxi skirts that have a shorter skirt underneath? I've seen a few people wearing them recently and I have an outfit in my head now that I'd like to try out but I don't know where to get the skirt :) Any help appreciated.
    Like this. But it doesn't have to be pleated.

Photobucket.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I got something similar in bershka on Saturday, but it's only knee length. Doesn't look too sheer in this pic, but it really is! And very flow-y too :)

8782810800_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1317731898606

American Apparel will have them http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsa0320s.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got one in Miss Selfridge. Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

83315769-03.jpg

I got this in forever 21 at the weekend. Now I'm considering wearing a black strappy top underneath but what way would you wear this as a dress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Are ASOS own brand clothes good quality/fit/etc?

I've only every bought branded items from the website, have always been wary of buying ASOS clothes for some reason.

I've never bought from Asos but I remember reading on here from a few posters that the quality was poor.

As far as I know though, they're pretty good to give refunds if you're not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Mixed results from asos - some are fab, great quality, others a bit crap. But returns are easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

fillefatale....I am in love with that coat! Want!

Very angry with Topshop. I ordered a coat for my Mother (which arrived today) and a dress (for myself) which never arrived. On my invoice it says it is out of stock. However they never emailed me or anything letting me know it was out of stock. I could have bought it when I was in Tralee yesterday but now I won't get a chance. Boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

i bought a pair of trousers for work from Asos (their own brand)...god they were awful, colour was nothing like advertised :mad:. shouldve sent back but wasnt bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

AstridBean wrote: »
    Are ASOS own brand clothes good quality/fit/etc?

I've only every bought branded items from the website, have always been wary of buying ASOS clothes for some reason.

I've bought quite a few ASOS own brand pieces. Most have been lovely but a few have been awful quality. They're great about refunds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

jokettle wrote: »
    I got something similar in bershka on Saturday, but it's only knee length. Doesn't look too sheer in this pic, but it really is! And very flow-y too :)
    i love this skirt so much. ugh i wish i could get it but it would look ridiculous on me :(

Sarannewrap, lovely pic in the WDYWthread... Did you get that dress recently in penneys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I know I'm not Saranne, but I saw her dress in Penneys on Tuesday! :)

Got this MBMJ beauty from the boyfriend, he picked the colour to match my bag ^_^

_6487020.jpg

• Advertisement

I can't WAIT to show ye my new shoes :D:D:D

I'll take a pic of them tomorrow when I'm allowed to have them!

Maybe we should have a thread just for Xmas prezzies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My boyfriend got me this Tesoro necklace for Christmas, it's beautiful, the blue is such a gorgeous colour.

PC250004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Sarannewrap, lovely pic in the WDYWthread... Did you get that dress recently in penneys?
    Novella wrote: »
    I know I'm not Saranne, but I saw her dress in Penneys on Tuesday! :)

Ha yeah they are still in store, lovely for only €9! the teal one is gorgeous on too, couldnt resist and bought both! they fit really nicely, unlike a lot of stuff i try on in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Has anyone ordered from Dorothy Perkins during the Christmas period?

I placed an order on 20th December (was hoping to have a dress for New Year's) and I still haven't received it. It said on the website I should receive my order no later than 28th December but I'm not sure if that was an automatically generated estimated delivery time or not. Obviously with the Christmas period I wouldn't expect the delivery times to be as normal at all.

I e-mailed them today just to see what the story is. Just wondering if anyone else has ordered from them over the past week or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Pixiebean I have never had on time or quick delivery from DP, on average I get stuff 3 weeks, lots of unanswered emails and futile calls later :( Totally put me off ordering from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement