Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I be refunded ?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi
    I had chorus/ntl installed last month and chose direct debit as method of payment.I foolishly forgot what dare it was due on (5th Dec) and withdrew my cash.When I realised I lodged money back into account and I phoned up (7th Dec) and paid with my debit card 145 euro (including installation).

Today I went online and see they withdrew 145 euro from my account this morning.It was totally an error on my part but does anyone if NTl would refund one payment..

I have 3 kids and it's the wrong side of christmas to be down that money.

many thank's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Call their customer service number...

If its a double payment then they should refund you or offer you credit from the next bill.. These Direct debits are usually sent a couple of days before due date. So thats prob what happened..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A failed DD will often be re-tried for several days too, which is why it went ahead when you put the money back in the account.

Ring UPC and tell them what's happened. They should be able to reverse the debit card charge. Failing that, try the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They're unlikely to refund you, but they will credit your account for the overpayment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Paulw wrote: »
    They're unlikely to refund you, but they will credit your account for the overpayment.
    This really; chances are slim to none that you'll get any money back before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Thank's folks.

I phoned and they do not refund but will hold the amount as credit for next bill.
    On the bright side it's one less bill to worry about after christmas.
    Thank's again

• Advertisement
Advertisement