Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployed and Mortgage Protection

Options
  • 11-12-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I bought a house at the beginning of October 09' whilst in a "stable" full-time job. I was made redundant in the middle of November without any warning. As I had only paid 1 months mortgage and Protection payment by this stage I will not be able to apply to the bank for help. Its states in the policy paperwork that "No payment will be payable for involuntary unemployment: - If it starts within 90 days of the starting date". What can I do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The first thing you should do is contact your mortgage provider and let them know the situation. They will help you as best they can but can only do it if they know whats going on. You should also contact the local social welfare office in relation to the mortgage interest supplement which you should be entitled to.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/MortgageInterstSupplement.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 18 katcali

Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

No problem. You may also want to cantact your local MABS office. They are a brilliant free service and will help you out with any other debt problems you might be experiencing at the minute. They'll also deal directly with your creditors if you want them to.

Advertisement