Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

our prsi contributions mean nothing anymore?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

am i right in saying that we are paying prsi for nothing now? we are not entitled to dental benefit anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Pretty much

The government will say it pays for your pension however...

Work your entire life: OAP = €209
    never work a day in your live = OAP = €201

I'd love to see a state where you get rewarded for paying your taxes not punished.

PRSI worker? Well thank you very much sir & on behalf of the government of Ireland please help yourself to 4GP visits, 2 free perscriptions, an eye test and a dental exam every year to help maintain the well being of the most important component of the nations economy

We appreciate you working hard and paying your taxes... thank you.

They might as well just have 1 line on my payslip deductions: Tax
    I dont care what they break it down as, I get nothing in return for it why bother with the pretence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I was under the impression it paid for your dole should you lose your job. So in other words if you're in the civil service then yes your PRSI is now practically worthless. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

amacachi wrote: »
    I was under the impression it paid for your dole should you lose your job. So in other words if you're in the civil service then yes your PRSI is now practically worthless. :pac:

:D Cheeky !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

amacachi wrote: »
    So in other words if you're in the civil service then yes your PRSI is now practically worthless. :pac:

It also pays for illness and disability benefit- which if you're in the civil service you may very well have need to use.

By rights- instead of simply creating a Social Contribution combining PRSI, the income levy etc- they should simply do the honest thing and absorb it into the tax bands.

Advertisement