Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monitor

Options
  • 11-12-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new monitor for my pc as I'm currently using a 19" TV that is only 1080i so looking for full HD. I've been looking around and I have found a few for around €130 but I'm not sure if they are any good. I'm looking to get a 22" monitor that is either DVI or HDMI and 1920 x 1080. Does anyone know if any of the following are good, or does anyone have a recommendation for one around this price?

SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 2223NW €129

DGM L-2262WD DVI 22" €119

HANNSG 22" HI221D €130

LG Electronics 22" W2243T €135

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The monitors u linked. Only the LG Electronics 22 does 1920*1080 all the rest do 1680*1050, unless im looking at the specs wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

BadCharlie wrote: »
    The monitors u linked. Only the LG Electronics 22 does 1920*1080 all the rest do 1680*1050, unless im looking at the specs wrong.

No you are right, I was in a bit of a rush and didn't check the links properly. Here are the two that I am down to now anyway. I don't see much between them but I don't really have any experience with buying monitors so does anyone see any major problems with either of them? Or even better, is one clearly better than the other? Manufacturers both seem ok, but is one better than the other with regards dead pixel policy?

LG Electronics 22" W2243T €133

ACER P225HQBD 22" €139

Cheers!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

nice one here at ebuyer

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158568

got a lot of my new pc stuff from ebuyer lately - very good prices & service.

k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

karltimber wrote: »
    nice one here at ebuyer

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158568

got a lot of my new pc stuff from ebuyer lately - very good prices & service.

k

Cheers that looks good alright and I've seen good reviews about it. The thing is that I have heard horror stories about using ebuyer. I eventually managed to register on ebuyer and the final price is coming to €137, including delivery.

I also found the same monitor on elara.ie today for €148 including delivery. I'm just trying to figure out now which is the better company to get this from, especially if something were to go wrong would it be easier to deal with elara than ebuyer?

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Cheers!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

hi,

for 11euro in the difference - get it from elara - or pick it up.

I did not know any stories about ebuyer - have had no probs at all.
    had 1 stick of dodgy memory which I sent back and they gave me a refund.

if that monitor suits - get it from elara - just be careful about "in stock" items.
    ring them to make sure first.

k

• Advertisement
Advertisement