Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are o2 so obstructive when trying to port away?

• 11-12-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Why are o2 so awkward when you want to port a bill pay number away from them? All of my recent ports away from o2 have been delayed or blocked by o2 for no reason. I have had to get the acquiring network to intervene before o2 would release the numbers. All of the numbers were paid up to date and were out of contract.

I can understand slight delays or errors but not wholesale messing around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 grandlike

The majority of issues with porting are due to the network you are moving onto not submitting the port correctly - putting it through as a multiline instead of single line etc.. I used to work in a phone shop and it was hell. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Why are o2 so awkward when you want to port a bill pay number away from them? All of my recent ports away from o2 have been delayed or blocked by o2 for no reason. I have had to get the acquiring network to intervene before o2 would release the numbers. All of the numbers were paid up to date and were out of contract.

I can understand slight delays or errors but not wholesale messing around.

the easiest way to ensure smooth porting out, is to convert the phone to a speak easy one, and the when thats done port away.

thats what i did. worked like a charm. go to your new network, and voila. ( as its less hassle porting a prepaid number)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

grandlike wrote: »
    The majority of issues with porting are due to the network you are moving onto not submitting the port correctly - putting it through as a multiline instead of single line etc.. I used to work in a phone shop and it was hell. :(

I would imagine the majority of porting issues are as a result of the person who is wishing to port not giving the correct or all the information to the porting in network. The port in network only submit the information the are given nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The port in network only submit the information the are given nothing more.
    And then the loosing network is free to play sillybuggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anywhoo got ported away from o2 eventually. Begone with your high prices and useless upgrades.

• Advertisement
Advertisement