Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sandro

Options
  • 11-12-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

BRAZILIAN midfielder Sandro's move to Tottenham has moved a step closer with the player arriving in London to undergo a medical.

Although the official line from his agents is that he is on holiday with his family, it is believed the Internacional ace is finalising his switch to Spurs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

apparently sandro will be in a box at the lane tomorrow to watch the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can feel myself getting excited about him, even though I know nothing about him, so I must contain that excitement until we see what he's capable of. Harry has a good eye for decent midfielders though so hopefully he'll be good.

everyone thinks its either him or palacious in the team. i think harry will play them together and make the centre of midfield our strong hold. very little play should get past them and sandro is apparently great to start attacks. so basically him and pal will win the ball, play it to modric and lennon and then let them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think he'll play both too. I've always liked the sound of most of our creativity coming from the wings, particularly with players that can cut inside like both Modric and Lennon can do. Once we have a strong middle, we can play around a bit with the others.

exactly - two tough tackling midfielders would be great. hudd / jenas can come in and do a job from time to time then also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

His credentials look good, he's made his debut for the Brazilian national team and he's only 20. He's over 6foot defensive midfielder.

Yes, would be great to completely banish any soft centre that we may have.

Have to wait and see, but hopefully Harry knows what he's doing.

Might give Jenas & Hudd a kick up the arse aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

mickman wrote: »
    BRAZILIAN midfielder Sandro's move to Tottenham has moved a step closer with the player arriving in London to undergo a medical.

Although the official line from his agents is that he is on holiday with his family, it is believed the Internacional ace is finalising his switch to Spurs.
    Might be jumping to conclusions on this one, Harry today saying happy with squad and expecting no changes in Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dont ever believe a word he says, its normally the opposite that happens. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Might be jumping to conclusions on this one, Harry today saying happy with squad and expecting no changes in Jan?

Sure we have a co-operative agreement with internacional which gives us the choice of their young players...so any purchase should be a good value deal, so its wouldnt be that much of a risk. Hell, we could even probably send him back if he didnt do well :rolleyes:

Advertisement