Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disgruntled Boardsie

• 11-12-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

It appears someone has issues, some with me personally, regarding this forum.

Maybe they'd like to discuss them either here or by PM, rather than send emails under the assumed name of "Disgruntled Boardsie".

I don't mind a bit of critisism at all, but not of the cowardly anonymous kind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

IB4TL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

What does that mean ???

''In before the lock.'' This thread will be locked and/or deleted in the next oh, half hour, so I may as well farm it for my post count.

PC++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

"In before the lock"

Don't see why. Nothing untoward here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

IB4TL for sure!

You're verbally standing there with sleeves rolled up and glaring at all and sundry. You kind remind me of how I was back when I first discovered the internet: Fiery, righteous and eagerly ready to Prove People Wrong. Ahh, sweet nostalgia.

C'mere, so I can tussle your hair, scamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

what the establishment regard as untoward and what we regard as untoward have proved to be vastly different in the past. I see no reason why this wont be treated similarly. Saying that..

in before the lock/delete.

Fenster wrote: »
    You're verbally standing there with sleeves rolled up and glaring at all and sundry. You kind remind me of how I was back when I first discovered the internet: Fiery, righteous and eagerly ready to Prove People Wrong. Ahh, sweet nostalgia.

C'mere, so I can tussle your hair, scamp.

Couldn't be further from the truth actually. You've a habit of making wild assumptions lately though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What did this stem from? Something on PI?

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    What did this stem from? Something on PI?

Wouldn't think so :confused:

Lately? Lately! I always make wild assumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

IB4TL

W00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Covey wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so :confused:
    Ohhh sorry I read the OP too quickly, you got emails from someone, I thought you'd caught someone bitching about you/this forum elsewhere. If someone on the forum is anonymously emailing you abuse then it's pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Whatever about the guys with the padlock, I wonder if disgruntled boardsie will turn up?

If someone on the forum is anonymously emailing you abuse then it's pretty pathetic.

Got it in one. Don't think I'm the only one either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

If someone on the forum is anonymously emailing you abuse then it's pretty pathetic.

Quite true, but it wouldnt be the first time that someone on this forum has been abused by a fellow member anonymously. Happy little bunch of people here..

nilhg wrote: »
    Whatever about the guys with the padlock, I wonder if disgruntled boardsie will turn up?

exactly no need for padlocks.. this is a discussion forum after all !!

Have you ever stopped consider the possibility that you have been trolled? You received some anonymous name-calling, and now it is all RAWR COVEY RAGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

It appears someone has issues, some with me personally, regarding this forum.

Maybe they'd like to discuss them either here or by PM, rather than send emails under the assumed name of "Disgruntled Boardsie".

I don't mind a bit of critisism at all, but not of the cowardly anonymous kind.

Edit, misunderstood

• Advertisement

Whoever it is is a COWARD all right,

Did you contact the admins to have this account blitzed? There is no point in talking to morons like that

No need for that, it was an email account not a boards account. I'm sure they'll turn up and we can discuss in a friendly manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

RAWR COVEY RAGE.

Wtf? Sorry, but where have you seen that?

Covey's asked to discuss it, he hardly needs any rabble rousing or sh*tetalk to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

No need for that, it was an email account not a boards account. I'm sure they'll turn up and we can discuss in a friendly manner.
    I see, and I can understnd why you would like to have a discussion with this person. Nothing worse than not knowing why someone has taking a dislike to you...
    Good luck anyway

Fenster wrote: »
    Have you ever stopped consider the possibility that you have been trolled? You received some anonymous name-calling, and now it is all RAWR COVEY RAGE.

Go off and get your own thread and stop spoiling please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Why is this in the photography section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Sounds like it wasn't any of the good folk on this thread. All seem quite gruntled. - With one exception Λ :)

wyrn wrote: »
    Why is this in the photography section?

Becaus someone on here sent it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How do you know?

This has little to do with Photography and so is off topic. You should take this up with an admin (I'll help) or ignore the troll... This thread is doing nothing but feeding the pathetic muppet.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Sorry, my head is not with it at all today.

That is crap and whomever it is is an awful coward. I doubt they'll come in here and say their piece if they are e-mailing you anon..

Hope you get it sorted out. Hope they are reading this and feeling very ashamed.

Have you any inkling as to who it is? Just report them to admin. with as much details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

trooney wrote: »
    All seem quite gruntled. - With one exception Λ :)
    (emphasis mine)

I do not think that word means what you think it means :D
    I draw your attention to the following:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-dis1.htm
    The assumption behind it is that putting dis- on the front of a word makes it negative in meaning in some way, as in disappear, discontent, disconnect, dishonest, and dozens of others. That’s still an active way of making new words — it has been used in recent decades to create disinformation, disambiguate and many others. Sometimes, however — very rarely and only in old words — dis- is what the grammarians call an intensifier: it makes an existing sense stronger. For example, the unusual word disannul was used in the sense “to make null and void, bring to nothing, abolish” and dissever means “to divide, separate, disjoin”. A third example is disgruntle, which at root suggests somebody is more than merely gruntled. But gruntled here doesn’t have its Wodehousian sense, quite the reverse.

Now a second grammatical term, frequentative (or frequentive if you prefer). This is a trick of word formation, now obsolete, in which an ending created a verb to suggest that some action is often repeated. The one used for this most often is -le. So curdle is the frequentative of curd, gamble that of game and sparkle of spark. The verb gruntle is the frequentative of grunt.

The first sense of gruntle was of a repeated grunt, especially the noise that pigs make in company. An example is in The Life and Death of Mr Badman, by John Bunyan, of 1680: “After this his speech went quite away, and he could speak no more than a Swine or a Bear. Therefore, like one of them, he would gruntle and make an ugly noise, according as he was offended, or pleased, or would have any thing done.” .

If we put the intensifier and the frequentative together in one word, disgruntled has its current meaning, which the Oxford English Dictionary describes as a state of “moody discontent, sulky dissatisfaction or ill-humour”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

trooney wrote: »
    Sounds like it wasn't any of the good folk on this thread. All seem quite gruntled. - With one exception Λ :)

Well I did have my gruntle surgically removed on medical grounds:)

But I still agree with covey that skulking under an anonymous email address is pretty cowardly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Inconceivable! :D
    (emphasis mine)

I do not think that word means what you think it means :D
    I draw your attention to the following:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-dis1.htm

Anyway, looks like he/she wants to pursue their beef in this manner only, so time to forget about it and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

dakar wrote: »
    Well I did have my gruntle surgically removed on medical grounds:)

But I still agree with covey that skulking under an anonymous email address is pretty cowardly.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has chosen this method of communiciation to hide behind. Had a similar issue in 2007.

While I had suspicions I, and a mod at that time, could never definitively prove whom they came from.

(It had all started when I received a PM meant for another user by mistake)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

just curious, shouldnt this be in the helpdesk?

anyway ibtl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

It was me!

No it wasn't. What on earth would possess someone to do something so inane?

:rolleyes:

sineadw wrote: »
    It was me!

:rolleyes:

You were my first supect :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

sineadw wrote: »

Ah, you're obviously unfamiliar with the infamous "Greater internet f***wad theory", as exemplified here courtesy of Penny Arcade:

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

You were my first supect :D;)

Hey, I thought I was your first suspect! [storms off to find 3 iron]:mad::D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

So disgruntled is quite like gormless (not in meaning). Although I've often described myself as full of gorm and pleasantly gruntled at the same time...I won't be using them again.

Anyway Covey...pics or gtf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Covey .... I agree that sending you an email like that is not nice at all. I do feel that the advice given by DeVore is correct in that you are feeding the Troll.

I also fail to see how this is Photography related, other than you suspect the other person is a user here.

This thread will now be closed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

IATL!!!

(sorry, couldnt resist).

offer still stands Covey...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement