Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Football - Both Teams To Score

Options
  • 11-12-2009 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

been doing this bet in recent weeks.

all bets are with boylesports and you select yes/no.

So if you think both teams will score - select yes.

For the no selection, if either one or both teams does not score it's settled as a win.

Here is my thoughts for this week:

Bristol Rovers v Swindon YES 8/11
    Bristol have scored 29 goals in the league this season 13 of them coming at home. 19 of their goals have come from open play, 5 of them penalties :eek:

Swindon have netted 21 goals in the league, 13 of them coming away from home and 14 of them from open play.

Defensively Bristol have conceded 31 goals, 12 of them at home and 20 of them from open play.

Swindon have conceded just 20 but 13 of those have coming away from open, eye-catchingly 18 of them have come from open play.

Of Bristol's 10 home games this season they have won 6, drew 1 and lost 3.
    They have only failed to score in one of those home games (v Leeds). They have scored in thier 9 away games in the league too. So from 19 games they have only failed to score once.

Swindon have only failed to score once in their last 8 away matches. They have also only failed to score once in their last 7 home matches.

Given the open play statistics both teams are likely to score.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Bury Yes 7/10

Dagenham have scored 33 goals in the league this time round and 24 of those have come at home with 24 of thier total coming from open play.

Bury have netted 26 in the league, 13 of them away from open, 19 of their total goals coming from open play.

Defensively Dagenham have conceded 25 with 14 of those coming at home. 17 of their goals conceded have come from open play.

Bury have conceded 27, 13 away from home and 19 by way of open play.

Dagenham have scored in all ten of their home league games this season.

Bury have fired blanks in 3 of their 10 away games in the league this term but given Dagenham's dodgy defence (they conceded 5 at home recently) and the statistics with open play once again it's likely both teams will score.

Manchester United v Aston Villa Yes 4/5

Aston Villa have scored in each of thier 7 away games in the league.

Man United have scored in all 7 home league games. Only once have they managed to score less than 2 goals in those games.

United have conceded in 4 of their last 6 homes games and start this match with a make-shift defence.

Of United's 13 goals conceded this term 10 of them have come from open play. Villa have conceded 14 goals with 9 of them from open play.

Of Villa's 7 away matches they have only managed a clean sheet once. They have conceded in their last 5 away matches in the League.

Hull City v Blackburn YES 8/11

Hull have played 8 home matches in the league and have only failed to score twice. In their last 3 home matches they have scored 8 goals.

Of their 17 total goals scored 12 of them have come at home. 8 of them have come from set-pieces.

They have only kept a clean sheet once in their last 6 home league games.

Blackburn have conceded 28 goals this season, 21 of them coming away from home and 9 of them from set-pieces.

Hull have conceded 34 goals this season.

Blackburn have scored just 16 from 11 of those have come from open play.

Hull have conceded 20 goals from open play. Once again I expect both teams to score.

€30 accumalator pays just under €275.

Feel free to add your thoughts..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Manchester United v Aston Villa Yes 4/5

I dunno about that one!

However with pretty much no natural defenders within the squad at the minute, I can see your reasons for choosing it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Doocey wrote: »
    Manchester United v Aston Villa Yes 4/5 However with pretty much no natural defenders within the squad at the minute, I can see your reasons for choosing it. :)

Yep, it's threading water as Villa have a very good record of NOT scoring goals at Old Trafford.

But with Carew up front to rustle the make-shift United defence (has played exceptionally well since coming back into the side) and the pace and delivery on either wing, this might turn out to be a very high-scoring game.

United have scored 13 goals in their last 6 home league matches, you'd fancy them to net at least another 2 and couple that with Villa to take advantage of United's stand-in defence we could be looking at having a small wager on 3-3 & 4-4! at 80/1 & 350/1 - might be worth €2 on each ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Just to add it's a fairly tough bet to get up. Burnley let me down last week, allbeit the stand-in Pompey keeper played exceptional.

Been some nailed on matches for both teams to score recently and they duly failed.

As of yet I can't bring myself to stick in a NO - lol

Advertisement