Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tech did you buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

A bump if there ever was one :D
    102_1325.jpg

102_1326.jpg

102_1328.jpg

102_1329.jpg

102_1327.jpg

102_1330.jpg

102_1332.jpg

102_1331.jpg

102_1333.jpg

102_1335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nice, how much did that set you back and why not get an ATI card if your going to spend that kind of money?

Nice, how much did that set you back and why not get an ATI card if your going to spend that kind of money?
    I always wanted one of the 480's since it came out, but the problems the reference one had is what stopped me from getting one. The cooler on this one is great and should keep heat problems away! It set me back €440 delivered from Scan.co.uk, brilliant service from them as always.

Had a few games of BC2 with everything on max, it's nice not to hear my GPU spin up cause it's struggling. It's a great card. I normally am a Middle end card buyer, 5850/460 type of guy. But I said **** it, may treat myself to something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Don't have pics of anything bought recently, but I do have plans!

I plan to get a 1055t and a Noctua NH-D14, or maybe a new MoBo and a Bulldozer processor when I see how they perform and the price of them.
    Will post again (with pics!) when I buy either 2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not stickied but I've edited the FAQ again to add links and tags to help you find your way back here ;) Hoping to get some traffic here as we approach Chrimbo so don't be a stranger and give us tech pr0n pics to feast upon! ;):D

As for me? Well, eBuyer has already vomited forth my new monitor, OS and DVD drive but alas, they're all a bit useless until HWVS sends me the guts of my new machine :o Expect some shiny pics once I finally get my hands on them though! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Last night I put a Crosair 650w and Sapphire HD6870 in to my new Dell 580.
    Took me the best part of 3 hours to figure out what goes into what :o

Very impressed with the upgrade tho. Battlefield Bad Company 2 runs so smooth, even with settings maxed out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi
    Thought I'd post some of the bits I got a few weeks ago
    Benq G2220HD x 2
    Powercool 750w Psu
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 768MB
    Cyborg RAT 7 Mouse

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7825

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7822

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7823

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7824

cheers
    Joe

sentenel wrote: »
    Hi
    Thought I'd post some of the bits I got a few weeks ago
    Benq G2220HD x 2
    Powercool 750w Psu
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 768MB
    Cyborg RAT 7 Mouse

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7825

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7822

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7823

picture.php?albumid=1461&pictureid=7824

cheers
    Joe
    Awesome stuff, but:

Why get the 768MB GTX 460? Especially if you have 2 22 inches?

And why the CYBORG RAT7?

Nice, in terms of comfort what's that mouse like?

@ Venom
    The 460 is only a stop gap till Jan when I'll upgrade my motherboard, cpu and get another 460 for my gaming rig and my present stuff will go into my general rig (if finances are ok) The second monitor is my mate's who leaves a gaming setup here when he's not here it sits alongside my monitor :D. He comes over from the UK 4/5 times a year for a week and we game and play with R/C cars (when the wives let us).
    I was looking for a while for a new mouse and as I'm a sucker for a gadget ;-) I like the option to adjust all areas of movement and tweek the dpi also I think it looks great.....
    @Grim Reaper
    The Mouse is super comfortable, everything is adjustable. I would have liked a wireless one but they seem to be super expensive :(

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

cheers
    joe

• Advertisement

Ouch... a lot of money for something that glitches every time you lift it off its running surface :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i cant stand fancy mice - just a personal preference but give me a cheap microsoft wired job any day of the week. the last bit of tech (bar my new build) that i bought recently is a bit boring - 2 x 2600xm's

I still love my Logitech MX518.

I hate my Logitech Ultra Flat Keyboard though, can't wait to get the G110 for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I still love my Logitech MX518.

I hate my Logitech Ultra Flat Keyboard though, can't wait to get the G110 for Christmas.
    i use the MX518, and tbh, its a bit meh. my old generic dell mouse was more comfortable after using it for long periods of time.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i use the MX518, and tbh, its a bit meh. my old generic dell mouse was more comfortable after using it for long periods of time.

Really? I can't stand using other mice now, they feel too small.

If I was to get a new mouse it would be another Logitech.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Solitaire wrote: »
    Ouch... a lot of money for something that glitches every time you lift it off its running surface :o:o

I think they fixed that problem months ago.

Solitaire wrote: »

Hi Solitaire
    I'd read about this but as /Vollog said they must have fixed the issue as I've never experienced it :) yet..............
    cheers
    joe

Yay! :D My stuff didn't make it in time for my birthday, but at least I should be up and running for the Foldathon! :D

Be warned - I "only" own a 5megapixel camera. Or "a ****ty blurry shaky double-exposing PoS camera" as I call it :mad::pac:

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish BLUR!

sh1ttyparts.jpg

Seeing as you don't have a chance of deciphering any of that:

Intel i5-760
    Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3
    Corsair XMS3 1600MHz DDR3 - 2x2GB
    Powercolor HD6850 (the weight of the cooler! :eek: )
    Sony Optiarc slimline slot-load DVD burner
    Samsung F3 1TB (had this for a month or two now, but it was always meant for this build)
    2x Arctic F12 high-performance 120mm case fans
    BenQ G2220HD 22" Full HD monitor
    Windows 7 Home Premium (OEM)

Out of shot:

Gigabyte ODIN 550W PSU (had this for a couple of years now)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Nice one :) What was the HWVS shipping like on the monitor? I'm thinking about getting one but I'm a bit worried about the transit.

I got the monitor from eBuyer :):p

But the drive I got there isn't SATA - its MicroSATA. So now I can't install Win7.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2.jpg

• Advertisement

What case are you putting all that into? :)

You'll see... ;)

..if I can get that ****ing DVD working :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

NZXT Sentry LXE on a Fractal Design DEFINE R3

I was equally happy about getting one an terrified about installing one:o
    002.jpg

Two more NOCTUA NF-P14's one for the Top-Front and one for the door/side panel
    003.jpg

Temp Sensors on the CPU (under the clip/lock) and on the RAM
    004.jpg

Some how spending all this cash on Air makes sense....right?:o
    006.jpg007.jpg

NZXT Sentry LXE internal fan & Sensor controller board (wires all tidied away)
    015.jpg016.jpg

The NZXT Sentry LXE's desktop touch-screen remote control fan controller
    012.jpg

Now I think I need a break:p

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

This is the shipment I received from HWVS today! Sorry about the quality, taken with phone :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=136664&stc=1&d=1290817280

attachment.php?attachmentid=136665&stc=1&d=1290817289

attachment.php?attachmentid=136666&stc=1&d=1290817299

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Acer GD245HQ 120mhz 3D monitor :)

Venom wrote: »
    Acer GD245HQ 120mhz 3D monitor :)
    what is it like? im looking for a new monitor, and ive been wondering what it would be like to game in 3D. do you have an nvidia GPU?

any if you dont mind telling, how much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what is it like? im looking for a new monitor, and ive been wondering what it would be like to game in 3D. do you have an nvidia GPU?

any if you dont mind telling, how much did it cost?

Iv haven't tried the 3D stuff as you need Nvidia glasses along with a card for that but running games at 120mhz is sweet. The screen is very vibrant and Iv yet to see any ghosting. Cost wise it was 340ish including delevery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Venom wrote: »
    Iv haven't tried the 3D stuff as you need Nvidia glasses along with a card for that but running games at 120mhz is sweet. The screen is very vibrant and Iv yet to see any ghosting. Cost wise it was 340ish including delevery.

Thinking of trying 3D myself (on ATi) at christmas if I sell the Mac. Gonna go with dual 6870's

And to keep it kind of on topic, i got one of these.Free :D

3832158082_877e351d7a_o.jpg

Also Sol. my 5850 and your 6850 seem to be related in the cooler department.

4760257659_e35866e694_b.jpg

Why can't I get that teeny €250 Sony Android phone with the slide-out QWERTY keypad free?? :(

• Advertisement

Dunno what the old thread was called where you post up your new stuff you bought, so ill put it here till someone with more time can move it :)

tomorrow zero work will be done.

intel-ssd-x25.jpg?1281709850

hehe

154561.jpg

Advertisement