Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tech did you buy?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Nope. I know to avoid that. So far I can see that flipping the BIOS switch on the pcs version it OCs to 880mhz but still 1408 shaders. :(

Installing the drivers for when I flipped the BIOS switch of the second GPU keeps crashing... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just placed an order for this bad boy, Dell UltraSharp U2711 IPS

I previously had 3 X 24" cheap BenQ monitors in an eyefinity setup and after a month I've decided I don't like eyefinity. The bezels are too annoying, only works well with some games, each game takes ages to configure and there are many glitches as no games are designed to work with that aspect ratio.

I will be selling my 2 month old 24" BenQ monitors on adverts next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

sink wrote: »
    Just placed an order for this bad boy, Dell UltraSharp U2711 IPS

I previously had 3 X 24" cheap BenQ monitors in an eyefinity setup and after a month I've decided I don't like eyefinity. The bezels are too annoying, only works well with some games, each game takes ages to configure and there are many glitches as no games are designed to work with that aspect ratio.

I will be selling my 2 month old 24" BenQ monitors on adverts next week.

how much will you be selling the benq monitors for. i would be buying all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

NTMK wrote: »
    how much will you be selling the benq monitors for. i would be buying all 3

They're BenQ G2420HDB and I would be selling them for €140 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If you don't sell all 3 in one go I may take one off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

My new purchases where two new cases. The 690 II I will move my main machine into as I want to put my server in the utgard because of the storage options. The other case I will be going for an extreme performance machine. It will have 3 480mm rads so everything will be ice cool :D
    IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Just installed new RAM kit with shiny blue heatspreaders....

img20111118182419.jpg

img20111118182522.jpg

img20111118182702.jpg

Aren't they lovely! A BIG thanks to delly for allowing me to piggy back on his order from HWVS
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Needs more Mugen.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Needs more Mugen.

Too heavy for my liking, man. Though I had ordered the Scythe fans that come with the Mugen 2 until they went out of stock!

• Advertisement

Pshh, I put Nexus fans on my Mugen.

Pshh, I put Nexus fans on my Mugen.
    Any use?

Yeah, dead quiet. Although I can hear my PSU/GPU fan and HDD so much more clearly now.

Yeah, dead quiet. Although I can hear my PSU/GPU fan and HDD so much more clearly now.
    Which model are they?

This 'un http://www.quietpc.com/ie-en-eur/products/casefans/nx-120-basic

I dunno if it's really noticeably quieter than the Scythe one, since I didn't A/B them.

:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=189075&stc=1&d=1326997767

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

WHY did you go and do that?!

7970 FTW.

Oh, also: See attachment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Serephucus wrote: »

7970 FTW.

my same thoughts. 7970 is just fantastic. it has a great potential for CF too.

7970 FTW.

cause, with any bit of luck, it wont cost me a cent :D

I bought this and with the stuff I'm selling on its going to cost me nothing. sure, its not a big upgrade on my 6950CF but if you can find someone who will straight swap me mine for a 7970, I'd do it today and give back this 6990 :P

few new bits. slowly coming together.

exams getting in the way though :(

• Advertisement

Oooh, shiny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

7131908321_528e3a5519_c.jpg

I'm no audiophile but the sound from these speakers is extremely good. I'm hearing things in BF3 that I've never heard before and there's zero distortion no matter how high i go. The biggest mistake Corsair made was calling them gaming speakers because they're just as good at music and film audio.

I don't like you right now. :P

I don't like you right now. :P

Well I don't like my bank balance right now!! On a side note do any of ye know somebody with a machine capable of playing BF3 that doesn't have a copy? The sound card came with an origin download code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Neilos wrote: »
    Well I don't like my bank balance right now!! On a side note do any of ye know somebody with a machine capable of playing BF3 that doesn't have a copy? The sound card came with an origin download code.

Me! :pac:

Well, soon anyway :P

*cough, cough* Nope.

(Don't know if I want it even... Origin = Death)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Neilos wrote: »

I have a friend who wants the game, and has a machine that can run it but isn't going paying for it. You'll probably prefer to give it to someone on the forum though.

@Serephucus, Origin isn't that bad. If the game could be got through Steam, I'd much prefer that option.
    But it being Origin only isn't a good enough reason to not want the game, especially if its free :P

Sorry it went to Serephucus, he helped me out a lot when choosing my build and my water cooling gear and my recent audio purchases so I figured it was the least I could do.

just got my ax1200.

original.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Got 3 Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 fans on Wednesday. After installing them, idle temps plummeted and it is so much quieter now, can't believe I put off getting more fans for a year.

Advertisement