Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard Bank: Ireland may exit euro region in 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

we go back being under the British boot (i mean pound)

something im sure alot of people would like :(

i find it highly ironic that likes of David McW are advocating switching currency and greatly devaluing (read making everyone poorer quickly)
    and then they turn around and moan about the cuts in this budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

sure me should go back to the commonwealth :)

I wonder how the auld 'RA would take that, if we got so stuck we had to ask the Brits to come in and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I wonder how the auld 'RA would take that, if we got so stuck we had to ask the Brits to come in and help.

I think they were against us adopting the Euro as it would cement the divide between north and south Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I think they were against us adopting the Euro as it would cement the divide between north and south Ireland.

i taught it was because it was harder for them to forge/launder money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

what happens then? Do we go back to the punt? Its a headline in todays paper
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/standard-bank-ireland-may-exit-euro-region-in-2010-1972016.html

The article also said we might need to a Eurozone bailout. Much more likely - altough ideally nobody really wants to end up in a situation where it becomes "We'll give you X in credit, when we see you doing Y in cuts".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

This is a taken from one sentence in an article, which brackets Ireland and Greece. Both are in a hole, but we at least are making an effort to stop digging.
    Some further Eurozone help might be needed but no way are we leaving the Euro.

Advertisement