Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GF2010

• 11-12-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I got an email from Gael Force re GF2010.
    After the feed back on GF2009 I'm interested to find out if people who previously entered will do so again and are newbies interested in doing it? With the price set @ €85 until April and €95 there after its certainly not cheap (hotel, food, booze etc) as there are similar but cheaper (better run?) events out there... just curious that's all. Perhaps people can post up reasons for their decision.

Cheers

Will you enter Gael Force 2010? 15 votes

Done it, I'll do it again
    0% 0 votes
    Done it, won't be doing it again
    53% 8 votes
    Newbie, I'm interested
    6% 1 vote
    Newbie, no interest
    40% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hi all,
    I got an email from Gael Force re GF2010.
    After the feed back on GF2009 I'm interested to find out if people who previously entered will do so again and are newbies interested in doing it? With the price set @ €85 until April and €95 there after its certainly not cheap (hotel, food, booze etc) as there are similar but cheaper (better run?) events out there... just curious that's all. Perhaps people can post up reasons for their decision.

Cheers

It's actually €76 for the remainder of 2009...an extra little bit off for the early, early-bird! Some changes made this year with promises of better event but not sure I trust them on that one. However, I loved the event itself this year, even if the organisation was poor and the price too high!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Got email myself and see there is no mention of a reduction in the numbers which seemed to add to the disorganisation of last years event but my never give up nature (unless it's a fast race) led me to the registration page which shows the categories and the figures breakdown

So after listening to all the email sent about too many people entering last year they have gone from 2500 to..........2965 yeah, like they said they would, thay have taken on board all our feedback.:rolleyes:

That said i'll still prob enter just to try and beat last year brutal time:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I thought they didn't handle the numbers well last year but the limiting factor (in my opinion) was not the course but the level of staffing/volunteers. Anyway, there was enough said in the aftermath.

I finished about a minute slower than the previous year so I'm determined to beat those times in 2010.

I've said before if it was a choice between Achill Roar and Gaelforce I'd do Roar. However, I choose to do both! I've a few personal rivals in both races; I don't want any accusations of wussing out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

This year was the first time I did Gael Force and I had an absolute ball.

I enjoyed it from start to finish - although I did moan about trying to cycle a road bike on the track after Croagh Patrick - having said that I think in some twisted way I even enjoyed that section.

I had such a good time that I also did Achill Road (smaller event & really well organised) and I have already signed up for WAR in April 2010

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Seening that Killary have taken back the event organisation I think this will be of benefit.

I was disgusted with my performance last year so want to try and haul this time back in, that said if they change the route it will be hard enough to compare like with like especially if there is some "glitch" with Croagh Patrick as there are rumours that Mayo Mountain Rescue were not going to offer their service like they have done every other year.

I will probably end up doing both the events, but I would do events organised by the Achill Roar team any day about these, but its an adventure race and thats what we want to do, so I will do it in protest lol :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement