Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying skin care/make up from ebay??

• 11-12-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Anyone do it? Is it trustworthy??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I guess it depends on who you buy from.

Personally, I have bought some make-up items from eBay, three lipglosses and one face powder.

I would buy from them all expect two.

The sellers I bought my Chanel lipgloss and L'Oreal lipgloss from claimed the products to be "authentic" and "sealed".

When I received the products, the Chanel one wasn't sealed and I have a suspicion it was used once or twice, and the L'Oreal one, I reckon was used a good few times, because the sponge was all flat and was a pink/purple color when the lipgloss a bronze/light-brown color.

The Revlon lipgloss I got was sealed and was brand new - it's one of the nicest lipglosses I have ever bought.

The face powder was great, again, one of the best face powders I have ever bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Yeah I buy stuff on ebay all the time, lots of Decleor stuff, Chanel make up - way cheaper than the shops! Just have a look at the feedback of the seller, anyone who's dodgy or selling fake stuff will be commented on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Any time I have looked at buying skincare or makeup from Ebay, I haven't thought the prices that cheap. Have you tryed Strawberrynet.com? Very cheap and the more you order, the bigger discount you get. Make sure you place your order in dollars as the conversion rate your cc company gives is always better than the one strawberrynet use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Had a bad experience recently where I bought a makeup set from ebay - arrived and it had been opened and used. Got my money back through paypal after a load of rubbish from the seller (false postcodes, wrong addresses etc). Still out a good bit for registered post back to the UK, and the seller has closed their ebay account. They only had a few feedback points though, so I really should have been more careful myself. I've bought bare minerals and perfume from the US, it took a bit longer to arrive but I bought them from power sellers and I'm happy with them. I'd buy makeup in the future from ebay, but definitely only from power sellers.

Advertisement