Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned horses

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

This story has been on local and national news papers during the week about a large number of horses abandoned in Kilkenny
    log onto www.ihwt.ie to read more and foster homes are urgently needed and if anyone on here is able to give any help at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I thought they were all killed? There was a news story on RTE earlier this week, or is this a different case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

Some horse's were destroyed,The 16 horses on the news and in the paper the Dept of Agri were to put them down but the IHWT got media behind them as these are quality horses,mares in foals,too good to be destroyed.The IHWT are looking for homes for these horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

A big congratulations to the IHWT for resucing the horses they could! Scenes like these are unfortunately more and more common these days. Only last week I was offered 2 young TB geldings and a sports horse by three seperate people who were looking for homes for them otherwise they would be brought to the factory :mad: I would love to have taken one of them but I cant because of job instability and all the rest. One of them managed to get a fantastic home late last night, literally on the eleventh hour as he was due to be sent down today.

The boom brought many good things and for that I'm thankful but it seems everyone was a horse breeder and now there are so many horses. They are the ones suffering, it makes me so mad!

as these are quality horses,mares in foals,too good to be destroyed.

Quality horses? Too good to be destroyed??

So they are lucky they are not ickle hairy ponies? :confused:

could of been any horse or pony that got rescued,Think we should be delighted any got resuced at all.The Ihwt hav ponies for rehoming ,and plenty more horses,ponies,yearlings!!

• Advertisement

I didn't doubt that the IWHT does good work, I merely quoted the wording which I think gives the wrong impression. I do dog rescue but have taken in and rehomed many horses over the years, so I know it's the little scruffy ponies that usually lose out if it's a "choice" between bloodstock and non-bloodstock. And that makes me very sad.

Egar,my apoligies for my snapping!! Yes IHWT do great work,I know wot you mean about scruffy ponies Verus bloodstock, Any animal that could be saved was saved,so hoping for good homes.It actually the scruffy little ponies people want!!

Best luck with your dog rescues

Advertisement