Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law. B.C.L First year.

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, im a first year student studying civil law and im getting to grips with it. Just wodering does it get much harder in second year and/or does the workload increase by much? Any help would be great.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dude, I'm in your year, we don't do civil law?

We do

Common
    Criminal
    Contract
    Constitutional
    Point of Law
    Tort Law

You getting mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

BCL = Bachelor of Civil Law

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

Your workload depends on how high a score you want. Merely going to lectures and cramming at the end along with doing a few essays will pass but you're looking at a lot of reading in your spare time for top marks. The workload stays pretty consistent throughout the 3 or four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Jev/N wrote: »

Yes believe it or not as I am in the course I do know that.

http://www.ucd.ie/law/programmes/

Its just none of us would really call ourselves civil law students, as its the only type of law on offer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jev/N wrote: »

Funny, it involves very little 'civil law'. It's just called that.
    Hi, im a first year student studying civil law and im getting to grips with it. Just wodering does it get much harder in second year and/or does the workload increase by much? Any help would be great.
    Well there is a higher standard required in 2nd year but I wouldn't say it's that big of a step. Just means you cram 2 nights before the exam instead of the night before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The whole thing is moot anyways as the OP seems to have posted in both TCD and NUIG forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The UCD one got the most replies which yet again goes to show how UCD is number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

errlloyd wrote: »
    Dude, I'm in your year, we don't do civil law?

We do

Common
    Criminal
    Contract
    Constitutional
    Point of Law
    Tort Law

You getting mistaken?

When I was in 1 BCL we had to take LAW 10330 - Introduction to Civil Law in Semester II - I think its an option now. Was a good course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

3 BCL

Not a fan of it. It does get a bit tougher, you get more essays and most of them at the same time.

Advertisement