Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second-hand snooker table to buy in the city

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 7ft or 8ft table...have had a look in Argos & smyths pretty bad:eek:...so I'm on the look out for one second hand... in or around the city:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ring the snooker clubs to see if they had an old table they dont need any more?

Google
    buy snooker table site:boards.ie
    this gets threads from Snooker forum up, mostly in the Pale but if you don't mind travelling...

Some stuff on adverts
    http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=all&stype=1&si=snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

There's a company advertises in the galway advertiser small ads most weeks.

think they do refurb ex-pub tables as well as new ones.

Are you looking for a proper slate bed table? Expect to pay about €1200 including delivery/setup for something half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Price would have to be in and around the 300e mark...It's for my son, there's one 8ft for sale but it needs a new cloth..hopefully something will turn up..thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's a company in Tuam that maintains pool tables and machines for pubs, they might have a few knocking about for sale. I don't know the name of them but there around the back of that retail centre that has the west wing and the tyres place in it. Right beside the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

ultain wrote: »
    Price would have to be in and around the 300e mark...It's for my son, there's one 8ft for sale but it needs a new cloth..hopefully something will turn up..thanks lads.

hope your search goes well.

If you go look at any 2nd hand private sales, be sure to roll a few slow balls around the table. Non slate beds tend to have more rolls than mary harneys breakfast, and the condition of the cloth isn't always a giveaway.

Keep a close eye on small ads/shop notices etc. A snooker table is exactly the sort of thing people might sell to get some Christmas money for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

These guys in Ballyhaunis in Mayo made me a 6x4 snooker table about 12 years ago, very solid table, not slate but as solid as, takes a few people to lift! Cost £250punts at the time, the fella rang up a few months after to see how I was finding it! It's still standing solid today.

They seem to have a set selection of tables now and no sign of prices. But maybe give them a call and see.

Advertisement