Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW.ie Quakenet Channel

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

I do not know if there is one exisiting or whatever.

But I'm a big quakenet user, and was just randomly punching in channel names and didn't find a dedicated irish wow channel.

Found outland alright.

So I've setup wow.ie

Obviously its help the auth Q process to have more people in the channel. But sure its just something I setup in 5 mins that you are more then welcome to use.

If your unsure what I'm talking about

Google mirc or nonamescript or irssi

If you have the above and dont know how to get auth q, go to quakenet website and it explains there in plain English
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well its just buzzing in there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It was setup before years ago, but no one used it much. I wonder is there some type of irc chat mod for wow?

Well sure feel free to jump on.

Who doesnt have a Bnc in 2009?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeah, We set up wow.ie like 5 years ago when wow came out. Then wow made cs die. Then the lack of cs made irc die. then the wow channel died.

the circle of (no) life

Dustaz wrote: »
    Yeah, We set up wow.ie like 5 years ago when wow came out. Then wow made cs die. Then the lack of cs made irc die. then the wow channel died.

the circle of (no) life

Well I just have it setup and it has Q etc, jut I've been on irc for years and thought why not :)

• Advertisement

There used to be an #outland.eu channel too, but im never authed on irc these days so i dont bother with it

I think its simply outland now.

I used to use it for a host of ****, at one stage used it to transfer files from my pc before google docs came about.

Having trouble getting Q on this channel though for some unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Good old days on irc :( Was mod in #Liverpool :D and some others but auth got deleted after a bit and all permissions with it :( so cba to try set it all up again.

It actually takes 5 seconds to get your Quakenet Auth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think it was deleted since aint used it in who knows how long.

• Advertisement

maasssssive tangent here but since rope is from my era and we have similar post ratios, this occured to me.

Have you noticed how since irc died as a tool for irish "digerati", boards postage went up? Why bother logging on to irc when you can treat boards as real time chat!

[/backinmyday]

I use irc for pulling birds....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

i think this is why we have the dudes channel dan

sometimes i miss spamming /amsg 5v5 servON /q

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I miss the community that was CS DoD and WoW.

Might start WoW again after a year out of it.

Downloading 1.4gig of some WoW patch.

Miss Ropedrinks Shotgun prowess :)

Advertisement