Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Customer Service Issues

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I keep trying to book an engineer to come out and replace my SKY box, its not working correctly. This is the second time they have said right at the time of booking 'the system is having issues' can you call back?! I'm begining to smell a rat, the warrenty is up on Dec 14th. Its a problem they can't fix should I be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

MotteDai wrote: »
    I keep trying to book an engineer to come out and replace my SKY box, its not working correctly. This is the second time they have said right at the time of booking 'the system is having issues' can you call back?! I'm begining to smell a rat, the warrenty is up on Dec 14th. Its a problem they can't fix should I be worried?

Ok well the reality of it is you need this sorted asap. Maybe they were having difficulties when you rang them up. What you need to do is get in contact with them and if the use the same reason tell them that the warrenty is up on the 14th and that you have been in contact twice already. They will honour this. I know if I was in your shoes I would be frustrated, but you should just keep the head and ring them again. Things will get sorted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There shouldn't be a user warranty on the Sky box, if you subscribe to Sky, they are responsible for the box working (assuming you don't break it yourself), and if it's not fixed, you should be entitled to hold back the subscription fee for the days you don't get service.

Sky themselves may have a warranty with Thomson/Panasonic/Pace, but that's independent of you.

If it's an old box that has been deferred to you, then there's no warranty either (this happens if you've had the box a certain length of time, but no longer subscribe to Sky, and are using it for freeview instead).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Even if the warranty is up on December 14th, the fact that you've been trying to book a service prior to that should confirm that there was a fault with the box and you reported it. So you should still be within warranty - it's not your fault that they can't get someone out before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tell them you wish to cancel your subscription as they cant fix your sky box. Also tell them that the warrenty is their warrenty and nothing to do with your statutory rights as an irish consumer.

Advertisement