Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel username and remove contact details?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

After a totally unnecessary ban in PI, I want to entirely cancel my access to Boards.ie. I have no interest in continuing to but into the power trips the mods are on on this site

How do I remove my contact details from the site and cancel my username?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You cannot cancel your account. You can change or delete your contact details in your User CP.

However, if you have an issue with the moderation on the site you can request a review by the CatMods, nesf or Scofflaw. Should you be dissatisfied with their response you can then request an admin to have a look at your case by posting here on Help Desk. As it relates to PI I will not involve myself in any such review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Am a bit of a technophobe so how do i do that?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not sure which part you're asking for help with, so here's answers to both.

To change your contact details, above the "New Thread" button in the top left is the User CP. Click on this and there's a menu on the left hand side. Under Your Profile is an option, Edit Your Details, click on this. in the first box is a button, Edit Email & Password. In the middle box are fields where you can remove any IM contact details you may have in your profile, and in the lower box you can remove links to Facebook etc. There's a button at the bottom of the screen to save any changes you've made.

If, however, you're just enquiring about how to get the CMods to review your case, simply PM them with any links that you feel are relevant. As you're banned from PI, you'll need to log out first to see the forum.

Advertisement