Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty vodafone samsung tocca

• 11-12-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Faulty Samsung Tocca

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Tocca last week from vodafone online. 3 days later after I had removed the battery to install a memory card, the phone asked for a SIM pin code which I didnt have. I rang Vodafone who told me to go a vodafone shop and get a sim transfer, which I did. The phone still would not work. The guy there said that the phone was faulty and to give it back to Vodafone, The following day I rang Vodafone again who said i could give it back to a vfone store or post it back to them but I would incur the postage fee!! I asked the girl was she sure that the guy in the shop would take it back this time, she insisted he would. Went back to vodafone again that day. Guess what? he refused to take it back becuase it was bought online. I rang Vfone AGAIN, She spoke to the guy immediatly instore and I could hear him agree to accept it back (Turns out he thought I wanted a replacement there and then). Finally after returning home once more to get the online receipt the fone is finally returned. I now have to wait at least 3-4 days whilst Samsung test the phone to make sure it is faulty before I can get a new phone or a refund. By the way if i want to track the phones whereabouts, it turns out vodafone online dont actually sell the phones they use a third party called 20-20. I have to go through them now!! Never have i had so much hassle with a phone!
    THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS BUY FROM AN ACTUAL STORE, THE HASSLE OF TRYING TO REURN SOMETHING BOUGHT ONLINE IS NOT WORTH IT. I only hope I see my phone again before Christmas!!!
    Thanks for your patience cos mine is gone!

Advertisement