Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies. . . would you be happy with this??

• 11-12-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Going out with herself for over a year now! Due to recent purchases we said we wouldnt go mad with or christmas presents! Bit obviously i had to get her something!

So anyways I picked this up today...though it was nice- but then again its my first time buying jewelery! :confused:

http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/992659/product/Alana_Pendant.html

Shes 22, likes her girly stuff, getting dressed up etc...

Also...i want to get a couple more small things...for maybe 50-60 euro...any ideas opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think it's very pretty - and I'm not a big jewellery person. I'm sure she'll love it.
    If she likes perfume you could get her her perfume?

Would she be into cute fluffy slippers? or things like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

A girly girl would I reckon really like that. I'm not into jewellery either but I still think it looks very pretty. Good choice OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pure_mule

thanks very much for your replies. The more I look at it the more confident i am that she will like it.

Star-pants, good idea- shes really into furry slippers and stuff like that as she like to be comfortable and relax in front of the fire after work! The only problem is I would feel like a pleb getting buying stuff like that in a shop (being an alpha male and all that) ha ..but then again.. i could always get some of my female friends to help me in that dept!

Think I will get her a few small things - maybe not the perfume as she has loads and i wouldnt attempt to pick it! But id say a few nice stocking fillers will do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eithneangela

What about the Stieg Larrson Millenium Trilogy - you can get it on www.Amazon.co.uk at a good price now, and free delivery as well! Great reads! Or, if you're near a La Senza shop anywhere, the shop girls are very helpful and could pick you out a lovely pressie (like the one in the Vodafone add!!). Then again, if you go to Penneys with €50 to €60 you could buy about 3 complete outfits. Happy Hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pure_mule

Jaysus- just googled le stenza and got the fright of my life, i though it was going to be another set of books, ha ha. Hmmmm i do like what i see tho. now all I need to do is get past the horror and shame of buying womens underwear! Remember in the episode of Fr Ted when a he gets lost in Irelands biggest lingerie section - that will be me ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

thats very pretty, bit pink for my personal taste but if shes a girlie girl she'll probably love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

pure_mule wrote: »
    Star-pants, good idea- shes really into furry slippers and stuff like that as she like to be comfortable and relax in front of the fire after work! The only problem is I would feel like a pleb getting buying stuff like that in a shop (being an alpha male and all that) ha ..but then again.. i could always get some of my female friends to help me in that dept!

Honestly, don't be embarrassed, I used to work in PerUna in M&S and I remember lots of guys round Christmas time looking for things or advice and being unsure of going into the Lingerie department, but the girls in there are lovely and won't laugh.
    There was a man with his son and he was getting an outfit for the wife, had a list with all her sizes on (incl bra size) and I helped him pick out the clothes and sent him into the lingerie and the girls helped with the rest. I thought it was the sweetest thing, he'd gone to so much effort.

I would suggest funky fluffy slippers, if she likes them. If she likes dressing gowns they do fab thick fluffy ones in the peruna section of marks (I've not worked there in years, just I know they were *always* popular).
    And a few little stocking fillers as you say will go down a treat I'd say :)

Advertisement