Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green TD Paul Gogarty flips his f*@king wig

Options
  • 11-12-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

During the Oireachtas debate and he didn't say "****" under his breath either. It was directed at Emmet Stagg.
    Obviously it went out in all its Anglo-Saxon glory on the live feed, no doubt the RTE newsroom shall find an appropriate sound effect for the telly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah just heard that on Newstalk :D Hilarious !

He went ape sh*t

"F*CK YOU, Deputy, F*CK YOU!"

Apologised for his unparliamentary language afterwards :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could be a youtube classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

http://media.newstalk.ie/extra/353

Wow

**** you Deputy Stagg, **** you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is he still the spokesperson on education? At least he's famous among any of the children sitting in the car on the way home now.

This government and its individuals are a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What was it in response to?

edit;
    http://www.irishelection.com/2009/12/****-you-deputy-stagg/

epic lolz! weird the way he apologised straight away after saying it, was he on the beer last night or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

He sounds well stressed. But can't hear anywhere what is was Stagg said to provoke this ? Can anyone make it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Stagg accused him of being insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

could this probably another way of telling the populance what the snots think of us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ghosttown wrote: »
    He sounds well stressed. But can't hear anywhere what is was Stagg said to provoke this ? Can anyone make it out ?
    From BreakingNews.ie:
    A Government TD has today launched a foul-mouthed attack on a member of the Opposition during the Dáil debate on the Social Welfare Bill.

Green TD Paul Gogarty admitted that he believes the Bill, which makes cuts in allowances to the blind and carers, is grossly unfair.

He also said the Government should have taken some money off the old age pension, rather than make cuts in the Budget for the blind.

But when Labour's Emmet Stagg accused Mr Gogarty of being insincere, he immediately launched a foul-mouthed attack on the TD.

Gogarty said: "With all due respect, in the most unparliamentarily language, f*** you Deputy Stagg! F*** you!", before immediately withdrawing and apologising for his comments.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/government-td-in-foul-mouthed-outburst-in-dail-437918.html#ixzz0ZOruMqSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

LOL, just heard this on drivetime.. Never heard the like of it before..

Ironically, isnt making such a statement then immediately withdrawing it, insincere in itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Haha its hilarious....I actually kind of admire it...people say these things behind other peoples back but at least he came out with it.

I can't wait to teach my class the section about government and how it all works.

" I HEARD ONE OF THEM SAYIN F**K TEACHER!! "

What am I supposed to do then? Make the child withdraw it from the record?

Ah here.. the whole foundation of everything in this country is wrong because of the standard of people in general sitting in that Dáil chamber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think he was hoping to get thrown out so he doesn't have to vote on the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

anyone know what he said right after the clip cut out. he said "we are screwed as a county because of the wrong doing of .............

He had already mentioned people taking money from developers. I wonder if he went on to mention any particular party as being the reason we're screwed.

This rant was quiet possibly even more camp than the guy who laid into pat kenny the other week. good for the lulz anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

"I don't like what has to be done...get the unpopularity and loose my seat because it is the only thing we can do to get this country out of this state we are in"

I kind of respect this guy much more after this realistic assessment.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A bit more passion in the halls of power and a bit less cynicism and cronyism wouldnt be bad...

Pity the greens are finding their spine this late in the game. Far to little, far too late and yes, I imagine most if not all of them are fooked for their seats (and rightly so). If they really care about the environment, they should all resign en masse and let someone else take over the Green party... completely reset it and it might gain votes again.

Anyway, awesome-sauce on that recording!!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Trotter wrote: »
    I can't wait to teach my class the section about government and how it all works.

" I HEARD ONE OF THEM SAYIN F**K TEACHER!! "

What am I supposed to do then? Make the child withdraw it from the record?

Congratulate him on his keen interest in politics.:pac:

dvpower wrote: »
    Congratulate him on his keen interest in politics.:pac:

There's plenty of back seat politicians now alright...

It reminded me of the chap on the Frontline.. and I wouldnt put him in the Dáil either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Sometimes flipping your wig is the appropriate response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fair play Gogarty - more of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Maybe Emmet Stagg and himself had some issues going back to the phoenix park days?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

mike65 wrote: »
    Could be a youtube classic.

It's up there already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MattEmulsion

Hah - Video footage of the most unparliamentary language
    http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=27622&locID=1.2.139.&pagename=home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

with audio edits and all. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In a few hours, no doubt half of the text messages in the country will be heralded by this soundbite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Hah - Video footage of the most unparliamentary language
    http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=27622&locID=1.2.139.&pagename=home

A T.D with a pulse ...Whats the world coming to ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

He's a loose canon lol

Advertisement