Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green TD Paul Gogarty flips his f*@king wig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Fair play to him! Stagg like a couple of others is petty and sly and im sure other deputies would love to say the same to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

double-facepalm.jpg

Telling the opposition to FO from the benches of one of the worst governments ever - facepalm 1.

Withdrawing the comment in such a wet weak willed display of premeditation and self promotion - face palm 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Fogarty's a lucky man Stagg, didn't invite him round behind a tree in the Phoenix park to sort the matter out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Zynks wrote: »
    "I don't like what has to be done...get the unpopularity and loose my seat because it is the only thing we can do to get this country out of this state we are in"

I kind of respect this guy much more after this realistic assessment.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

fair play to him ..... sometimes people need to express themselves in un-PC terms to get their point across, especially when dealing with clowns that don't understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Rujib1 wrote: »
    Fogarty's a lucky man Stagg, didn't invite him round behind a tree in the Phoenix park to sort the matter out :P

Uncalled for, Stagg does some great work.

(And this is from someone who quite dislikes gays.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

DeVore wrote: »
    A bit more passion in the halls of power and a bit less cynicism and cronyism wouldnt be bad...

Pity the greens are finding their spine this late in the game. Far to little, far too late and yes, I imagine most if not all of them are fooked for their seats (and rightly so). If they really care about the environment, they should all resign en masse and let someone else take over the Green party... completely reset it and it might gain votes again.

Anyway, awesome-sauce on that recording!!

DeV.

I take it you haven't met many of the Green party.
    I like my vaccinations thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

What a man!

And the state of lucinda creighton with that diatribe comin out of her mouth, anythin to gain off this, yeh she's really shocked! horrified marion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

What is it with our heroes letting us down recently? Tiger Woods, Thierry Henry, and now, Paul Gogarty.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

That has Just Made my day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

Fair play to him.

Good to see a politician with a bit of passion about what he is doing.

If Enda Kenny had a similar type outburst (minus the f**k) FG would walk into a majority Government.

I bet the other 98% of Dail members were wishing they were there to experience it first hand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Having seen the vid I think he knew exactly what he was doing there. It was premeditated in my eyes. He's got a gurriers haircut/jacket combo which doesn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Varkov wrote: »
    Uncalled for, Stagg does some great work.

(And this is from someone who quite dislikes gays.)

especially in the area of being able to judge the sincerity of others, I'm kinda bored with Stagg these days, fair play to Gogarty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Fogarty's a lucky man Stagg, didn't invite him round behind a tree in the Phoenix park to sort the matter out
    I lolled.

I heard the little outburst on the radio and was very surprised, I would have thought that handling heckling is part of the brief for a TD and that they wouldn't let it get to them. Labour were obviously winding him up. They did rather too good a job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I take it you haven't met many of the Green party.
    I like my vaccinations thank you very much.

To be fair, most of them were in the one-third of their support that the Green Party lost (led by Patricia McKenna) when they went into government.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The Green Party have been saying f**k you to the Irish electorate for long enough already, what difference is saying it to another politician going to make??!

The laughable thing is that he got angry about being called insincere!! Truth hurts, eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Can anyone guesstimate how many times he's going to get told to FO canvassing in the next election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

What a wierdo:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Will RTÉ dare to show this on the Six O'Clock news?

They censored it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Yes they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"f**k you Deputy stag

He's lucky this was treated by Deputy Stagg as an insult and not an invitation, given Stagg's history.

It really is ridiculous lighting, heating and staffing the Dáil, when so few TDs actually show up..

• Registered Users Posts: 56,044 ✭✭✭✭walshb

whippet wrote: »
    fair play to him ..... sometimes people need to express themselves in un-PC terms to get their point across, especially when dealing with clowns that don't understand.

C'mon, the chap hit rock bottom with that outburst, nothing classy or dignified in that typical gurrier attitude. He couldn't even be dressed appropriately. He was like a down and out. I have heard angry and boisterous exchanges before in the Dail, but Gogarty really lowered the tone.

Did anyone see Healy Rae? My god, the head on that. Between him, Cowen and Willie O'Dea, we have half the cast for One Flew over The Cuckoos Nest:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talking of wigs

YIKESJackieHealy-Rea.jpg

whippet wrote: »

Guessing you're a Green Party member so. Or could someone be that easily swayed by something so...I dunno. There was just something about it. Gogarty looked like he was about to burst into tears. He looked about 16 too with a bit of pressure put on him in school by the teacher.

walshb wrote: »
    C'mon, the chap hit rock bottom with that outburst, nothing classy or dignified in that typical gurrier attitude. He couldn't even be dressed appropriately. He was like a down and out. I have heard angry and boisterous exchanges before in the Dail, but Gogarty really lowered the tone.

Did anyone see Healy Rae? My god, the head on that. Between him, Cowen and Willie O'Dea, we have half the cast for One Flew over The Cuckoos Nest:P

Did Healy Rae say something about eveyone in the country wanting a politician like him in their constituency?

****ing sick fact of life is he's probably right......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

swiss wrote: »
    ... I would have thought that handling heckling is part of the brief for a TD ...

Why should it be? Hecklers add little of use to any debate, especially when is is the type of heckling that happens in the Dáil chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hipster2009

how did this idiot get elected.:confused:
    just shows the pressure that the greens are under.

they thought they could get into bed with FF without getting f$$ked!:eek:

this will be a youtube hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I liked it - when Stagg made that snide little remark, you could see Gogartys eyes glazing over as he was thinking "**** this ****"

Lets be honest. Stagg was play acting for the crowd, pretending to be the great champion of the poor. Anyone could go into the Dail give out about this is so unfair, or that is so unfair. We need a government, not a shoulder to cry on. I think Gogarty is right to be frustrated that he might honestly believe that fair, or unfair, the only honest, responsible course of action is to pass these cuts. And these are minimal cuts. We are not talking about going back to the 19th century.

Given that, someone needed to tell Stagg to **** off and come back when he was ready to act like someone with a stake in seeing the best for this country as opposed to simply being a whinger. Labour are essentially the whinging party. They are utterly idealogically bankrupt, with no credibility whatsoever. Someone needed to tell them to **** off, and I have a great deal of respect for Gogarty for doing so. We need more honesty and passion from our TDs, not this snide playacting personified by Stagg.

Greens still arent getting a vote from me. Gogarty should have saved his passion and patriotism for the NAMA vote they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I voted for Gogarty last election :( My vote was a Green Party vote rather than a personal one for Gogarty. I hoped the Greens might bring change. Ever since then all Gogarty has done has been an embarrassment and all the Greens have done is u-turns on their principles, just to stay in 'power'. I'll never be voting Green again, prefer a party that will stick to it's principles, but none about these days, so will probably be independants for me next time round.
    But Gogarty should be suspended from the Dail and kicked out of the Green party. This is just one of his stupid childlike stunts and he has had many over the past few years. Do a google on him and see.

Advertisement