Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green TD Paul Gogarty flips his f*@king wig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Sand wrote: »
    @TJJP

Cheers for the minutes - I believe it could be summarised as

and Sands comments can be summarised as

Good man Gogarty you are brilliant.........

Labour Party is to blame for everything..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Yeah, not convinced that Gogarty was appropriate, but this:

"Deputy Emmet Stagg: Always blathering.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: Bleating and blather.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: The Deputy does not seem very sincere from what he has been saying."

What did it add? Not being party specific but with the Nation in the s**t <apologies unparliamentarily language> we need more than constant 'I didn't interrupt you' salvos....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

@IrishTony
    and Sands comments can be summarised as

Good man Gogarty you are brilliant.........

Labour Party is to blame for everything..........

Gogarty and his cohorts in the Greens and Fianna Fail will get zero votes from me.

You on the other hand will vote for this:
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: Always blathering.
    <>
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: The Deputy does not seem very sincere from what he has been saying

You get the government you deserve.

@IrishTony

Gogarty and his cohorts in the Greens and Fianna Fail will get zero votes from me.

You on the other hand will vote for this:

You get the government you deserve.

And so do you Sands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

Fair play Gogarty - more of that please.
    With support like that,Ireland is well and truly f*ck*d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

Varkov wrote: »
    Uncalled for, Stagg does some great work.

(And this is from someone who quite dislikes gays.)
    Who is Fogarty?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

And so do you Sands

Which is why I will not be voting for Labour in the next election. The best friend Fianna Fail have ever had is the unelectability of Labour. Its not so much you disagree with them - I disagree with Gogarty. Its their complete unsuitability to govern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

Which is why I will not be voting for Labour in the next election. The best friend Fianna Fail have ever had is the unelectability of Labour. Its not so much you disagree with them - I disagree with Gogarty. Its their complete unsuitability to govern.

the truth came out
    he as good as said, the country is bust
    the panic is beginning
    truth is dawning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

TJJP wrote: »

<>
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: The Deputy does not seem very sincere from what he has been saying."

What did it add? Not being party specific but with the Nation in the s**t <apologies unparliamentarily language> we need more than constant 'I didn't interrupt you' salvos....

It is probably an example of the Labour plan of disruption over welfare cuts.

http://www.businessandleadership.com/news/article/18392/leadership/labour-threatens-parliamentary-disruption-over-welfare-cuts

surprised no one actually mentioned this already (have they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Dave! wrote: »
    Hah was kinda wondering what Pat Rabbitte was talkin about here

Great find. Puts it all in perspective.
    It is probably an example of the Labour plan of disruption over welfare cuts.

Well, it’s been effective at something anyway, diverts attention from the cuts on ministers vs. non-ministers if nothing else. I thought the 5/15% issue for ministers was far more worthy of investigation.

In any event the greens are in two and a half years in since mid-November so they will get their full pensions now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Might have been a good post if this thread wasn't about Paul Gogarty and not the Labour party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

TJJP wrote: »

<>
    <>

Tbh, the way the Dail carries on sometimes is just depressing.
    I'd be /headdesking every five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

2 queens with handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Cost of living is down mostly due to the lower price of house rents and mortgage repayments with lower interest rates. In the real economy prices are down 0.5% which is a minute decrease. Lowering social welfare payments by more than this will see spending on the essentials go down, driving supermarkets and the like out of business.

Cuts should be made to rent allowances and money raised by wealth taxes and Nationalising all properties. The properties can be used to solve schooling/hospital buildings/social housing problems. The rest can be sold at the real market value and the state gets the profit. Sod the developers, we just take the properties off them for being idiots for investing in property.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I love your 'facts' they are so 'real world' - its interesting how you can take them out of that little yellow tub and roll them out there in every imaginable shape and size..... just like play doh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Chorcai wrote: »
    2 queens with handbags.

is gogarty a shirt lifter too?

He's as camp as 16 tents, 32 sleeping bags, aluminium cutlery, tin mugs and an absolutely dinky little sweetheart of a gas cooker!!!

- I couldn't care less about his sexuality though - that's his own business; I do reserve the right to despise him and his Transition year, 'Environmental Project' Green Party Buddies for getting involved in my business, your business and the business of anyone in this Country who is simply trying to get by...... They are a plague visited upon us and I'm still not sure how it happened or how we can survive it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Raiser wrote: »
    He's as camp as 16 tents, 32 sleeping bags, aluminium cutlery, tin mugs and an absolutely dinky little sweetheart of a gas cooker!!!

Today's Indo has him as married with 2 kids.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/opposition-lit-his-short-fuse-24-hours-before-explosion-1972486.html

Good article giving an insight into his more eccentric moments.

That article clearly bolsters the case the this Man is a fcuking Idiot...... I'm just grateful that he seems to actively be the Green Parties worst enemy, albeit unwittingly.

In the real World you don't resign from your job and simply stay on the payroll leeching money for doing nothing of value to anyone at all - Human, Animal, Tree or Cabbage leaf.

In Green Party Politics where the daft, dumb and disastrous is rewarded Goggarty is obviously a Winner - But in real World Politics he could never have gone anywhere and I think we all have a fair idea of where he is going.

Imagine the edits on his CV - "Too dumb to sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride on Fianna Fails lime-green, nuclear powered Gravy Train."

- What an addition he'll to some lucky organisation......

EDIT: Wow Thanks for that Davearthurs!!! He does sound exactly like Jedward!!!! - Same emotional maturity and honed Political skills too obviously!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Raiser wrote: »

I said earlier in the thread that it was the campest "f*ck you" I've heard in a long time, only to be told, "he has a lisp, get over it". Apparantely you can't have a lisp AND be camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Replied to three texts in the last hour asking if I was going to the pub tonight with "no, I'm sick." In all three cases I got a "well **** you Deputy Stagg" response.

Three for three and the night is young.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mike65 wrote: »
    Talking of wigs

YIKESJackieHealy-Rea.jpg
    In all seriousness, who could vote for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

murphaph wrote: »
    In all seriousness, who could vote for that?

If ministers were voted into power for their looks, we wouldn't even have a government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

well he got my attention, I never heard of him or Stagg before, From a very low key TD he has made a impression.

Probably the best dail debate this year. (from youtube it seems there were not than many TD's in the dail)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

If ministers were voted into power for their looks, we wouldn't even have a government.

If ministers were voted into power for their ability,we'd be short of ministers too :P:p:D

Advertisement