Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green TD Paul Gogarty flips his f*@king wig

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Cant believe people are defending this guy. What an idiot.
    "Poor me, I am going to lose my seat, Its not my fault the country is in the ****"
    Well why are you in government with the people who did ya twat.

@Sand

Well I don't expect anything less from you. I can imagine if it were the other way around you would be moralizing about the lack of standards in the dail. I have no time for Labour but one thing you can say about them is that they have not destroyed the country.

Also what actually galls me the most is his finger pointing (to the labour party)
    Hope he gets suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

murphaph wrote: »
    In all seriousness, who could vote for that?

ah sure didn't he get a 50 bed hospital for the arse end of Kerry god love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Is it me Or is Paul Gogarty A Cleaned up version of the man that attacked pat kenny on Frontline a while back? It could have been the same person.0.jpg

AndPaul+Gogarty+TD+Dail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

sold wrote: »
    Probably the best dail debate this year. (from youtube it seems there were not than many TD's in the dail)
    There was about 10-15 i'd say.

Glad to see them all working so hard. :rolleyes:

The greens are dead and know it. Pity about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I see (thanks to Maman Poulet) this has made the Rachel Maddow Show

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

is gogarty a shirt lifter too?
    Raiser wrote: »
    He's as camp as 16 tents, 32 sleeping bags, aluminium cutlery, tin mugs and an absolutely dinky little sweetheart of a gas cooker!!!
    dfbemt wrote: »
    Today's Indo has him as married with 2 kids.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/opposition-lit-his-short-fuse-24-hours-before-explosion-1972486.html

Good article giving an insight into his more eccentric moments.

Todays Indo article quotes a previous interview where he thinks he might be 25% gay !!!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gogarty-in-more-trouble-after-calling-fianna-fail-cute-hoors-1973181.html

He has certainly catapulted himself into the spotlight. Approx 150,000 YouTube hits, remixes of his unparliamentary language, front page newspaper headlines, media shows around the world and his very own thread on Boards ;)

Genius, pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,044 ✭✭✭✭walshb

jank wrote: »
    Cant believe people are defending this guy. What an idiot.
    "Poor me, I am going to lose my seat, Its not my fault the country is in the ****"
    Well why are you in government with the people who did ya twat.

@Sand

Well I don't expect anything less from you. I can imagine if it were the other way around you would be moralizing about the lack of standards in the dail. I have no time for Labour but one thing you can say about them is that they have not destroyed the country.

I can well believe folks are defending him, as Ireland for the most part has no shame, or no standards. It's actually rare now to come across some class, manners and standards.

Folks seem to pride themselves now on NOT having manners, class and decency.
    Folks who think Gogarty is a spoilt child and completely inept and classless and vulgar are in the minority in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see (thanks to Maman Poulet) this has made the Rachel Maddow Show

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/
    The Americans are now laughing at our country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

I think he enjoys the publicity, he has taken to pumping up on facebook -
    How long before he posts here??

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=197184573998

16138_201330352114_686712114_3440558_507565_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Bond-007 wrote: »

At least she didn't mention he was part of the government. Hopefully they will think the greens are a loony fringe party (we will take care of that at the next election).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I reckon he is loving it. A poor attempt at self publicity to probably try and save his seat with the voters of Dublin West.

If he thought the budget was unfair or didn't actually agree with it he should have done the honourable thing and voted against it. The fact he voted with the proposal means that despite all his protestations he is nothing but a hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Indeed, in this case at least Stagg was completely correct imo to say that Gogarty was insincere, he very clearly proved that by staying in the government and voting for the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Look we all use bad language , I for one use the oul 'F' and 'B' words when rallied up.
    BUT
    We can't accept this from elected representatives , what would Dail Eireann be like if this was the accpted language and attitude**wait** that actually would be something to see .
    I take it all back , let em rip the bejasus out of each other, lets start with Jackie Healy Ray and the barcode of a hairstyle, go get em Paul.
    Poor Enda is shivering in the corner !
    Brian has hit the bottle !
    Eamon is rubbing his hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

gandalf wrote: »
    If he thought the budget was unfair or didn't actually agree with it he should have done the honourable thing and voted against it. The fact he voted with the proposal means that despite all his protestations he is nothing but a hypocrite.

One could not think the Budget is unfair but necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Well it's only fair we reciprocate the laughs Sarah Palin has given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Indeed, in this case at least Stagg was completely correct imo to say that Gogarty was insincere

I can see why Stagg is calling the budget unfair, or at least why he would want to be seen calling the budget unfair. But I dont think heckling really helps anyone and is as immature, in my opinion, as telling the heckler to **** off. It doesn't really achieve anything except, perhaps, having bystanders questioning whether some deputies forget to drop off their kids at the Dail crèche.

It was the same when Lenihin started his speech with some opposition TD's getting giddy and shouting. I think people should respect another person when he or she is talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Gogarty is a plank seriously it was so premeditated he even apologised b4 he said it, the man is an attention seekin tit. How anyone voted for the lad ill never know, he has as much charisma as a dry wall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

@Jank
    @Sand

I cant legislate for your imagination, so Im sure you can. Good to know there seems to be a lower limit on your expectations for me though.

Labour are and continue to do everything possible to ensure the electorate takes a look at Fianna Fail....turns and looks at Labour....turns and looks at Fianna Fail, and says...."Jesus, this is a hard decision".

Do I think debate in the Dail is best served by abusing other deputies? Nope. Do I think debate in the Dail is best served by the likes of the below?

Deputy Emmet Stagg: Always blathering.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: Bleating and blather.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: The Deputy does not seem very sincere from what he has been sayin

Nope. Do I think that in a time of utter national crisis that anyone with a serious wish to do the correct and right thing might find such contributions intolerable? Yep.

Gogartys outburst is understandable given the childish nature of the opposition and it was relatively minor. Ireland will not collapse into ruin because of it. Stagg and Labours showboating and playing for the crowd when everyone knows what has to be done, fair or unfair, is truly dangerous to the state, as it undermines leadership. We need leadership. We need a strong government that can get the unpalatable done. Stagg and Labour just want to mess around and whinge. I dont need whingers. Gogarty was speaking for everyone who is sick and tired of the whinging that passes for an opposition.

Labour need to understand that if they want to get into government, they first need to demonstrate that they are a government in waiting: whinging does not engender respect. Look at Lenihan - he is the most useless Finance minister in living memory, and yet he is getting widespread respect for being willing to do whats needed, fair or unfair, popular or unpopular, right or wrong ( and a lot of what he is doing is wrong). Labour will not get respect for whining, nor will they get respect that theres some magic programme of painless, completely fair cutbacks that wont harm or hinder anyone.

The fact that our opposition, our potential substitutes for Fianna Fail are so awful is a deeper concern to me than Gogarty snapping at Stagg and calling him on his bull****.
    I have no time for Labour but one thing you can say about them is that they have not destroyed the country

Labour were and are a woeful opposition. They didnt offer anything different to the government, just more and better - they were offering tax cuts back in 2007. Forgive if I am not reassured by the fact they werent in power and thus didnt have the ability to implement their destructive program.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Sand go and start an anti labour thread and you can write away all you want there, now theres a good little boy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Aside from anything else, the amount of heckling in the House, while it might be entertaining the odd time, is mostly just annoying.

How many times did Michael Kennedy tell Shortall to be quiet?

On another note, reading the record on oireachtas.ie is like peeling ones nails off one by one, every single comment needs to be expanded before it can be read.

P.S. Gogarty is an arse, he's revelling in it on facebook atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

@IrishTonyO
    Sand go and start an anti labour thread and you can write away all you want there, now theres a good little boy

You sound a little annoyed Tony. We're all friends here. No need to get grumpy about us disagreeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

In fairness, a 27 stone health minister, a Taoiseach and finance minister who "never saw it coming", a missing in action Agriculture minister, and a Tainiste who's under a gag order less she put Donegal in her mouth once more.

What's not to laugh at. It's the voters fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's the voters fault.
    Actually it is 41% of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Actually it is 41% of them.

Pedant :p I was going to type that but lost the will to live thinking about the Government ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Looks like gutless Gormley is not going to do anything about it either, then again Go-Go has already dug his grave many times over in the past few years.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gogarty-in-more-trouble-after-calling-fianna-fail-cute-hoors-1973181.html

Sand wrote: »
    @Jank

I cant legislate for your imagination, so Im sure you can. Good to know there seems to be a lower limit on your expectations for me though.

Labour are and continue to do everything possible to ensure the electorate takes a look at Fianna Fail....turns and looks at Labour....turns and looks at Fianna Fail, and says...."Jesus, this is a hard decision".

Do I think debate in the Dail is best served by abusing other deputies? Nope. Do I think debate in the Dail is best served by the likes of the below?

Deputy Emmet Stagg: Always blathering.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: Bleating and blather.
    <>
    Deputy Emmet Stagg: The Deputy does not seem very sincere from what he has been sayin

Nope. Do I think that in a time of utter national crisis that anyone with a serious wish to do the correct and right thing might find such contributions intolerable? Yep.

Gogartys outburst is understandable given the childish nature of the opposition and it was relatively minor. Ireland will not collapse into ruin because of it. Stagg and Labours showboating and playing for the crowd when everyone knows what has to be done, fair or unfair, is truly dangerous to the state, as it undermines leadership. We need leadership. We need a strong government that can get the unpalatable done. Stagg and Labour just want to mess around and whinge. I dont need whingers. Gogarty was speaking for everyone who is sick and tired of the whinging that passes for an opposition.

Labour need to understand that if they want to get into government, they first need to demonstrate that they are a government in waiting: whinging does not engender respect. Look at Lenihan - he is the most useless Finance minister in living memory, and yet he is getting widespread respect for being willing to do whats needed, fair or unfair, popular or unpopular, right or wrong ( and a lot of what he is doing is wrong). Labour will not get respect for whining, nor will they get respect that theres some magic programme of painless, completely fair cutbacks that wont harm or hinder anyone.

The fact that our opposition, our potential substitutes for Fianna Fail are so awful is a deeper concern to me than Gogarty snapping at Stagg and calling him on his bull****.

Labour were and are a woeful opposition. They didnt offer anything different to the government, just more and better - they were offering tax cuts back in 2007. Forgive if I am not reassured by the fact they werent in power and thus didnt have the ability to implement their destructive program.

I agree to an extent Sand and you highlight one of the reasons why I wont be voting Labour anytime soon or ever but Labour are in Opposition.
    The difference to being in government and opposition is light and day.

TBH there is so much in this post I can rip apart but Ill just leave it and come back to it another day when you are having one of your well written but "airy" rants at the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

dfbemt wrote: »
    Todays Indo article quotes a previous interview where he thinks he might be 25% gay !!!

Yeah Brian Cowen has probably promised him the other 75% back in return for his continued Dail support on key issues - Right now Missus Cowen is probably busily vacuuming around a huge trunk of PVC Hotpants, Green Feather Boas and Elton John CDs in the spare room back home in Offaly......

Meanwhile John Gormley in a desperate bid to fritter away thousands more Euro of our hard-earned cash has flown to Copenhagen to detail exactly the extent of the misery he is planning to inflict this upon Nation while he still has the inane ambition, unrelenting stupidity and the ability to ignore the smell of festering corruption in his midst.

- Enjoy your final few days living obscenely in Airport VIP Lounge chugging caviar and champagne John, your days are numbered.

P.S. Did ye all see printed recently in the Independent that when Badger Gormley was asked to detail his expenses he only sent in 60% of them? When this was discovered he was asked why and replied - I sent in a great deal of information.....

He conveniently left out €26,500 in expenses - I bet John O'Donoghue wishes he'd tried that.........

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gormley-expenses-list-omits-836426500-spent-on-travel-perks-1964049.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm sure that most people would love to be able to say **** you deputy Harney, **** you, live on national television. What's the big difference if it's this guy and some other fella?

They should get over it and move on to more important things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'm sure that most people would love to be able to say **** you deputy Harney, **** you, live on national television. What's the big difference if it's this guy and some other fella?

They should get over it and move on to more important things.

Well ignoring the danger that the response might be a filthy wink and a sly "come on so Lad......."

I suppose your right.....

But why stop there?

We could extend your sentiment and tolerance and have the only Parliament on the Planet with Topless darts, Bear-baiting, All-you-can-eat BBQ Chicken Wings and Bare knuckle boxing death matches.

Advertisement