Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mares Carbon & Octo

• 11-12-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new mares carbon & octo.

I'm going to buy one over the christmas from either simplyscuba or i found another place that looks good: lucasdivestore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Decent review of it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Thanks for the link Murray.

Here's a few pics of the two of them.

Gonna try them out this Thursday in the pool to see how they go.

I'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 muck-savage

I've have this reg for a couple of months now. Can't fault it so far. Breathes fine, nice and light, doesn't tire in the mouth and I haven't got dry mouth breathing from it. Price is pretty steep but I got a great deal from diverswarehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

I've have this reg for a couple of months now. Can't fault it so far. Breathes fine, nice and light, doesn't tire in the mouth and I haven't got dry mouth breathing from it. Price is pretty steep but I got a great deal from diverswarehouse.

Did you change the standard mouth piece at all. I was thinking about going for a mares jax.

Price wasn't fantastic alright but i got 20% off in the christmas sale on simplyscuba.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 muck-savage

Cipher wrote: »
    Did you change the standard mouth piece at all. I was thinking about going for a mares jax.

Price wasn't fantastic alright but i got 20% off in the christmas sale on simplyscuba.

Nope, only used the stock mouth piece. I didn't have any discomfort with it, at least nothing bad enough for me to remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement