Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a DSL enabled exchange guarantee broadband?

• 11-12-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I got a new phone line installed into my house here in Cavan 3 weeks ago and after been told I could get Broadband through my phone line I have now been told I cant. How can I find out which exchange my phone is linked to? Can I do this online or do I have to ring Eircom to find out?

The reason I ask is that from looking on the Eircom Site the exchanges all around me are DSL enabled. There is one (Crosskeys) that is not DSL enabled and there doesnt seem to be any plans to be but I am pretty sure that I am not on that exchange. I reckon I am on either the Kilnaleck or Ballyjamesduff exchange which are both DSL enabled. Or am I totally wrong in assuming that if an exchange is enabled then I can get broadband?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

It depends on the quality of your line, distance from the exchange and whether or not you have a carrier line.

Do you know the answers to any of these?

Tbh it sounds like you might be out of luck - if you were told it would be possible then I'm guessing your exchange is enabled, however if now you're being told no then I'd say its one of the above stopping you getting it.

Advertisement