If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound packages

Options
  • 11-12-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi john

bought the panny g10 off you in october and am still in awe of it.

im now looking for a reasonably priced surround sound package to fit in with this and my ps3(bluray)
    was just wondering if there is a bluetooth package out there,eg bluetooth speakers, as i dont want to have cable lying around.
    not familar with speakers sysytems, so hope your response could be dumbed down for me
    Thanks on advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jod1983 wrote: »
    Hi john

bought the panny g10 off you in october and am still in awe of it.

im now looking for a reasonably priced surround sound package to fit in with this and my ps3(bluray)
    was just wondering if there is a bluetooth package out there,eg bluetooth speakers, as i dont want to have cable lying around.
    not familar with speakers sysytems, so hope your response could be dumbed down for me
    Thanks on advance

Jod,

apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

We don't have anything that has bluetooth speakers and to be honest in general I think that wireless speakers are generally poor (and that is being charitable :( ) However I do have a really amazing product just about to land that could be the answer to loads of people's prayers..

Its the Q Acoustics Q-TV2 http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Q-Acoustics-Q-TV2/ It's pretty hard to describe it - but it is the slimmest Subwoofer in the world which attaches onto the back of the TV and has 2 side speakers as well - it's all incredibly neat and as it is an active powered 2.1 system (and it's from Q Acoustics) it sounds pretty amazing.

Keep me posted if it is the sort of thing that could get you out of jail??

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

Hi John

This is an interesting piece of kit and I will eventually expand my setup for some good quality surround sound. I know zilch about tv sound systems though so how would this compare to the average setup (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers
    Martin

mckildare wrote: »
    Hi John

This is an interesting piece of kit and I will eventually expand my setup for some good quality surround sound. I know zilch about tv sound systems though so how would this compare to the average setup (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers
    Martin

Martin,

Thanks for the post - hows the 8404??? Did Ash get back to you??

On the Qa TV2 - it's actually really excellent - a really clever wire free option and whilst it cannot compare to a serious 5.1 system it certaintly is real HiFi Quality and to be honest it sounds pretty amazing! (especially given that you cannot really see where the sound is coming from!

ATB and keep me posted,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Martin,

Thanks for the post - hows the 8404??? Did Ash get back to you??

On the Qa TV2 - it's actually really excellent - a really clever wire free option and whilst it cannot compare to a serious 5.1 system it certaintly is real HiFi Quality and to be honest it sounds pretty amazing! (especially given that you cannot really see where the sound is coming from!

ATB and keep me posted,

John Mc

Hi John,

This looks and sounds like a decent replacement for Old Surround Sound Box, I have a Panasonic 5.1 DVD surround system that's about 8 years old, I was looking at the Philips HTS6515, but I keep hesitating as I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder that plays Multi-Region and I didn't want another DVD system. The QA TV2 Is probably what I'm looking for, once I can get some decent sound from the TV when either playing from the DVD Recorder or PS3, Can you confirm that this will do the job ?

Thanks,

Morgan

mjnolan1 wrote: »

Hi John,

This looks and sounds like a decent replacement for Old Surround Sound Box, I have a Panasonic 5.1 DVD surround system that's about 8 years old, I was looking at the Philips HTS6515, but I keep hesitating as I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder that plays Multi-Region and I didn't want another DVD system. The QA TV2 Is probably what I'm looking for, once I can get some decent sound from the TV when either playing from the DVD Recorder or PS3, Can you confirm that this will do the job ?

Thanks,

Morgan

Morgan,

More Kit?? for gods sake your place must look like a Philips Shop / RS Showroom!

Yep the Q TV2 is really excellent - it takes it's audio input from the TV so any thing that the TV hears is amplified and it sounds really excellent!

Keep me posted if you need any further advice,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply... I hope the Wife doesn't surf this site or she will be asking loads of questions about where these goods are coming from !!!

I forgot to ask, How much does this nice piece of kit cost ??

Thanks,

Morgan

mjnolan1 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply... I hope the Wife doesn't surf this site or she will be asking loads of questions about where these goods are coming from !!!

I forgot to ask, How much does this nice piece of kit cost ??

Thanks,

Morgan

Hey Morgan,

Don't fool yourself that she does not know where it all comes from and exactly how much it all cost - she is just saving that info to embarrass you in public at maximun damage....:P.

Anyway - the TV2 is £299.95 however I can do it at £279.95 / €319.99 delivered on a Boardie special.

And the TV2 is extra special for your purpose as given that you almost can't see it - the other half will never even guess that it's there (assuming that she is deaf of course :confused:)

Anyway drop me a line if I can assist - how is the BDP3000 going??

ATB,

John Mc

Hey Morgan,

Don't fool yourself that she does not know where it all comes from and exactly how much it all cost - she is just saving that info to embarrass you in public at maximun damage....:P.

Anyway - the TV2 is £299.95 however I can do it at £279.95 / €319.99 delivered on a Boardie special.

And the TV2 is extra special for your purpose as given that you almost can't see it - the other half will never even guess that it's there (assuming that she is deaf of course :confused:)

Anyway drop me a line if I can assist - how is the BDP3000 going??

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

That sounds like a reasonable price... I will contact Ursula with my details (AGAIN), What is the latest date I could order this to get it in time for Christmas?

The BDP3000 was actually for my brother-in-law, he previously had a multi-region DVD player which gave up the ghost last week.

Thanks again,

Morgan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.