Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute grind - Mathematics for Engineers VI (MAPH30160)

Options
  • 11-12-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭

Have this exam at 6pm tomorrow and just can't get my head around the latter part of the course.
    Any post-grads or otherwise who'd feel confident in giving maybe a two hour grind in it tomorrow afternoon?

http://www.ucd.ie/students/course_search.htm - see here for a course description, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Stage 3.
    Long-shot but I don't want to have to re-sit!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

dont-cheat-college-engineering-classes-school-teacher-student-kill-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Alkers

How is getting a grind cheating? What difference does it make learning from a grind or a lecturer? I'll probably pass the exam anyway but just want to make sure and try get a bit better of a grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think he's pointing out the fact that you left it til one day before the test to do anything about it.

No post grad in their right mind would have gone "Oh ya sure, I don't mind looking back at material I did 2 years ago (or in the case of most post grads, never done that course) and helping you out 24 hours before the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This exam is an "answer 3 of 5" one, so even if you are lost on the last section you still have a chance. Check old exam papers, and the Assignment solutions on Blackboard. #3 has some worked solutions to this section.

To everyone else - lay off the OP, will you? Engineering assessment is heavily biased towards the exams, and we almost always have six of them. The material he/she's talking about (partial differential equations with Dirichlet boundary conditions and Fourier solutions) is particularly dense and non-intuitive. You can go over this stuff one day, then come back the next day and go "WTF?" Can you help? No? :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement